IzzyOtaku

Using Guns...oddly Satisfying

While it isnt recommended to use guns, as stated by the developers, because they generate alot of noise and attract the zeds. I actually find using the guns pretty satisfying...For a good portion of the game Ive been hoping to find at least one and track it down. Some time ago I finally managed to get an Assault Rifle off a quest, although it only had about 15 rounds in it. Using the gun felt refreshing, especially with the parkour maneuvering aspect of being hunted by zeds, and its not like the guns are particularly even OP. It takes more than 4 shots to actually kill any given zed (and I primarily used it to get rid of those pesky Toads and Bombers), so I cannot really see much fault in them besides the noise. I just hope I can find more of them eventually. Not only are the guns rare, but so is the ammo. Ive yet to find any ammunition or other guns scattered around.

That's not entirely true. Biters, Virals, and Humans die from one headshot and Humans even die from one body shot. Considering a lot of reviews say that this game doesn't handle guns as well as other First Person Competitors I actually like the gunplay more than a lot of other games. The danger surrounding using them is about as realistic as it can be inside of the game space and I like that edginess.

once you hit level 11-12 in survivor you will get all the weapons and ammo from the shops, police rifle, military rifle, german and american 9mm pistols, Dub-barrel shotty, are what I have seen so far, the police rifle is a Semi-Auto 20 rounder AR-15 and the Military is a full-auto 30 round AR-15 type of AR, the pistol are German 8 round and American 15 round. Has anyone seen anything else? I nice SMG or Pistol with a silencer would be great for those hard to reach itches lol

once you hit level 11-12 in survivor you will get all the weapons and ammo from the shops, police rifle, military rifle, german and american 9mm pistols, Dub-barrel shotty, are what I have seen so far, the police rifle is a Semi-Auto 20 rounder AR-15 and the Military is a full-auto 30 round AR-15 type of AR, the pistol are German 8 round and American 15 round. Has anyone seen anything else? I nice SMG or Pistol with a silencer would be great for those hard to reach itches lol

There is a custom burst fire gun with, I think, 15 ammo which you get later in a side mission.

Aside from that is that what you have. 2 rifles, 2 pistols and 1 shotgun. No mods either, so no silenced stuff or electricity/fire/poison, etc.

Edited by Scourge

I just wish guns were a more viable option in Dying Light, I enjoy using them and I don't really like being punished for it, I can understand normal zombies gathering, but scripted always spawning virals are just stupid.

I find absolutely no risk with using guns, Pop and run, even the runners get taken down quite easily with headshots. Guns are great fun and i really love the feature that when encountering Rais' men at an air drop you can hold them up if you have a gun, really good detail i took advantage of often.

I hope Techland will add more guns later on, maybe even an FPS mode where you can play the game with preference to guns, More Guns, More Ammo, More Zombies :D

Edited by Hunter986

Guns are kinda lame.

True, you wont get any real use of them till midgame, but since they are rather plain and dont scale up as melees, they fall out of grace rather soon.

They really could use customization options(silencer, scopes, clips, barrels, triggers) and scaling(same for melee weapons, dmg scaling progression is way 2 steep).

So no modding for fire arms? Too bad, I know this game was not meant to be played as such but it has the best gunplay humans die from one bullet to the chest or to the head like ITS SUPPOSED TO BE (hello other 99% FPS games) also the noise thing is no problem as Virals only to were the sound was produced if you run from there chances are they wont see you, this game gives the perfect meaning to running and gunning :P

Guns are kinda lame.

True, you wont get any real use of them till midgame, but since they are rather plain and dont scale up as melees, they fall out of grace rather soon.

They really could use customization options(silencer, scopes, clips, barrels, triggers) and scaling(same for melee weapons, dmg scaling progression is way 2 steep).

Disagree, melee weapon are the one that broke beyond logical sense because of it's monstrous damage surpass EVERY NON MELEE WEAPON making gun, projectiles, death trap useless as Sh*t on late game.

Edited by Radikal