superkarma

Co-Op Progression Question

How does co-op progression saving work exactly? What if I'm a few story missions ahead of my friend(s) and they join my game? Will everything they do in that session be saved or will only my progress (the host) be saved? Will everything they do except mission progression be saved -- such as items, skills, etc? If everything except mission progression is saved, how does that work out? Will it be awkward/unfair playing with a friend who has progressed decently further?

The reason I ask this is because it seems to be a problem getting 3 of my friends together at the same time. One of them will leave shortly after another gets on or something along those lines. This week has just been hectic all around. Then, I'm stuck with my other friend who doesn't want to progress any further into the game when it's only the two of us, because she thinks if we go too far, it'll be off-balanced with the other 2 friends once we all get together. That then leaves me wondering the same thing, so I end up not playing solo...when I really want to, because I'm enjoying the game and just want to play it already. 2 days after release and I'm only at 7% completion with 3 quests done...saddening. 

Edited by superkarma

You'll always earn items and experience regardless of the game session, but mission progress will vary depending on the hosts progression through the story. If they are further along than you, you'll still earn XP from side missions and such but risk spoiling the story. If you are further along than the host you won't earn experience again from those mission.

Note that only direct continuation of your current quests will be saved in this co-op session

So basicly if you are ahead in story and your friend joins you, he will have do to it again in singleplayer as it will not be a direct continuation of the current quests he have.

Edited by Snikende Gnagsår