Dogma1995

Skill/inventory/story Item Loss. And An Oddly Silent Admin Group

Question

Xbox One

So, after a good 8 hours of gameplay, I exited the game in a safe area. logging back on a few hours later, I found that my skills had been reset to 1 each, my inventory and money completely removed, and even items vital and unattainable such as the UV flashlight, gone. 

I had done NONE of the following

• Experience any connection issues, lag, or interference in xbox live service
  • Tamper with the save file in any way
  • Manipulate any in game options

Now, I am at the same point I was before in the story, this progression remains after the start of the siblings quest. 

Seeing this problem across many boards and topics, I had hoped the admin team would at least acknowledge the issue and let us know that they would seek a solution, no such luck

instead I have seen replies to posts with as much value to game development and maintenance as your average facebook post

so, until this issue is resolved I advise you simply do not play the game, at the risk of losing everything, and potentially leading to a restart of the game (across all platforms this issue has occured) at least until this issue is addressed

And on that note, back to Destiny, and waiting for Evolve to be released. games with proper teams of developers and administrators 

I don't know if it's comforting or not knowing that I'm not the only one this happened to. I'm on ps4 and after logging back in after 9hrs of play time everything is gone, and this is something that needs to be fixed soon before more and more players are affected. Because honestly, this is unacceptable. 

I know getting my progression back is impossible, but maybe like a free dlc outfit or something? I'm butthurt and I want compensation.

A free dlc outfit would make you happy? Lol to each their own I guess.

this is bullshit i bought this game for £55.... litrally saved the damn game, went downstairs to blaze a joint to enjoy the experience, of this amazing game even more, my playstation switched off due to the settings, still should'nt make a difference, i went back into the game everything is lost what the chupacabra.... i saved all my damn bullets to go on a mad zombie killing streak and its fucken gone... i feel to smash the person responisible for this with an electricutioner attatched to my dman hatchet lol.... but does anybody know if this has been fixed or how to fix this damn problem.... #MIRACLESDOHAPPEN 

Also Played many hours now.. and at story mode 22%   same chupacabra happend here at PS4

Now i can continue with no gear, Money  or Skills..

I stopped playing after a mission . sold some stuff and the logged out..

I think i will let the game be until this is fixed .. IF it will be fixed

Not playing a second more... it will be waste of time and money !!!!

I CONCUR!!!!!!!

"Techland we know you're aware of this...your game is briliant...but this problem needs to be fixed high on the priority list as this bug (and quite a devastating one at that) could be a potentail deal breaker for future game purchases for many gamers.

If this problem cannot be resolved by a means of restoring to exactly where we all were previously, a patch/download code/complimentory bundle that unlocks all (or most) of the blueprints, weapons, skill tree and say for example $50,000 for our character to buy back what was lost...could be a good means to solve this problem."

Edited by shortbust

Freakin sucks that I didn't hear/read about this so called "glitch" until AFTER I started playing this morning. I got an update that said it fixed this issue but yet it still occurred even after starting it after the update, meaning it happened last night.. Last night i watched the save icon come up paused and then quit. I didn't sleep then just turn off my ps4..

This is complete and utter BS! How can you make a game and release it and have this game-breaking issue!

I'm soooo pissed off I'm just going to get rid of this p.o.s and get a fraction of what I paid.. Since it seems techland has no actual fix for it for people it ALREADY happened to, seeing as they haven't replied or made a statement about it..

I am so angry! First I lost all my progression and items through the glitch, yeah fine whatever. I started a new game after that which is about a week ago now. My ps4 patched dying light about 15 Mins ago and I get into game and guess what, my story has reverted to an earlier save of about 15% when I was previously at 22%??!!i am furious! I wasted so much bloody time! Even before I uploaded my save data into the cloud to be safe and avoid that lost progression glitch but when I downloaded that save to my ps4 it didn't fix anything! What the hell? I didn't sleep before logging off, I Always quit the game before turning off the console. What the hell!

I heard about the glitch so I stopped playing the game. And I´m not going to play this piece of chupacabra until that bug is fixed!

This is ridiculous!! I pre-ordered  and now I can´t play it! My faith in you is non existing! And this is the first and last time i buy any game from you!

Has anybody had an official response from Techland as yet??? There is obviously a MASSIVE amount of people who've experienced this problem an I'm yet to see a single acknowledgement from Techland regarding this.

Even something as simple as "We're aware of the problem and are currently working through it"would be appreciated. It seems all us unhappy customers are being ignored...VERY DISAPPOINTING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I for one would at least like to see some sort of anouncement/ acknowledgement regarding fixing this problem.

C'mon Techland lift your game and fill us in on what's happening.

Has anybody had an official response from Techland as yet??? There is obviously a MASSIVE amount of people who've experienced this problem an I'm yet to see a single acknowledgement from Techland regarding this.

Even something as simple as "We're aware of the problem and are currently working through it"would be appreciated. It seems all us unhappy customers are being ignored...VERY DISAPPOINTING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I for one would at least like to see some sort of anouncement/ acknowledgement regarding fixing this problem.

C'mon Techland lift your game and fill us in on what's happening.

I emailed techland customer support regarding my problem and this is the reply I got:

"An update addressing this particular issue, among other things, is being released for various regions. After installing the update, the error should not occur anymore.

In the game's menu, please go to Play Campaign, Choose a NEW GAME save slot (the other one might be corrupted), press the Advanced key indicated below the chart and then choose a chapter from the story where you would like to continue the game from. Doing this will allow you to start from the begging of the last mission you unlocked. It will also give you Skill points for each Skill Tree which you can spend however you wish. The amount of skill points you have is determined by how far you have gone into the story. You will also have a random pack of weapons, throwables, and consumables appropriate for selected game progress.

Additionally, all of the unique collectible items which you could have obtained by that particular moment in the game will be present in the environment for collecting.

While playing the game, please make sure you leave only after the automatic save icon appears first, and not directly after sending the character to sleep or right after a co-op session.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused."

F-k YOU!!!!! Techland, First I lost all progress, skills, items, level and inventory, Now I can't get past level 24 on my survival skill????? Are you f-king kidding me???? You just lost a customer, don't release a Got Damn game with F-king BUGS, even if you come out with another game, believe me, you're not getting me twice. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, then shame on me!!! Over paid and over hyped punks!!! What happened to quality??? Seems everyone is going off the Chinese mentality and quality 

Just reinstalled this POS and same results. Someone said this was patched!? Simply put spent $60 to pre order a game I only enjoyed for 15hrs of gameplay. I really enjoyed this game but the fact that Techland has not responded or fixed the game (for Xbox one at least) really leaves me bitter with this while experience. Not to mention the same type of chupacabra happened on dead island but at least the game was so open to hacking it didn't matter. I have no ententions on hacking any games or cheating I just want th relax and be entertained. With that said everyone needs to support letting the Developer and Microsoft know this is unacceptable and down rate Techland and this game until we all have solidarity. Further more start a class action suit or grievance if possible.

Edited by drfeelgoodrlove

I finally came back to check on this and... good news/bad news. I have 6 skill points for each tree and all my blue prints are gone except bolter poison, medkit and flares. Three blue weapons and one blue throwable weapons.... complete BS I had way more before this corruption. Its enough to start over but I wont buy another Techland game. I was just about to research a class action but I'm over it.

GREAT GAME BUT YOU GUYS SUCK!

Has this still not been patched?!

See me post above. Short answer yes it has been "patched" but for those who lost their original gave save have a lot less to work with. I played for a while yesterday and I loathe this game remembering what I had. The bit of loot that Techland gives you "based on where you left off in the game" is a joke. I can barely play this without wanting to throw the controller out the window. I think it might be time for us to invest in the PC again, plus PCs have way better resolution, ie I purchased a 4k tv and playing this at 1080 is... depressing.  

Well clearly this patch still isn't working, just returned to the game after completing the pit and both my and my co-op partners inventory are empty :(. We still have the blueprints and skill trees but no weapons at all - the whole lot is empty :(

I felt short-changed with Dead Island, which we gave up playing due to unacceptable bugs, and now this after paying FULL PRICE for it. I expect a retail game on Steam to be a properly tested and relatively problem free game, or at least with fixes released for minor issues as they are reported. This is turning out to be the same buggy mess we were served up last time. :(

Well clearly this patch still isn't working, just returned to the game after completing the pit and both my and my co-op partners inventory are empty :(. We still have the blueprints and skill trees but no weapons at all - the whole lot is empty :(

I felt short-changed with Dead Island, which we gave up playing due to unacceptable bugs, and now this after paying FULL PRICE for it. I expect a retail game on Steam to be a properly tested and relatively problem free game, or at least with fixes released for minor issues as they are reported. This is turning out to be the same buggy mess we were served up last time. :(

Its sad and unfortunate this is still happening to folks, there is some acknowledgement somewhere but the only apology I could find was about some DLC release or taking away some mod. I wouldnt by another Techland game and not expect a glitch, at least they are consistent with that. I havent touched the game since my last post and will not buy another game from this Dev. 

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/2453-dying-light-may-have-just-been-ruined-for-me/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716561-dying-light/71138910 this is a good/bad story 

I love the game. Already spend more than 30 hours in the last two weeks and achieved 70% and was a level 12 player with lots of goodies and blueprints and stuff. Untill I just stopped playing while being in a safehouse and exited the game from the game menu.

Starting it up again I found that I was suddenly back in the Tower waking up again. 

When I looked up my inventory and found it totally empty I saw that my level was 1 and my progress 0% ...

Reboot, restart, praying to al four corners of the room ... nothing helped. 

Till I found this topic and realized this 60-70 euro Xbox One game has this bug since januari of 2015 (so for over a year!!).

^%$&^&%($!)&%)&$$)(&!@$#$#&!!!!! 

What now Techland? How do I get my money back? I will not invest any more hours in this game knowing that it could suddenly undo all my efforts. This sucks at such a major level words don't even come to mind.

I WILL WAIT FOR YOUR RESPONSE IN MY MAILBOX :(