Dogma1995

Skill/inventory/story Item Loss. And An Oddly Silent Admin Group

Question

Xbox One

So, after a good 8 hours of gameplay, I exited the game in a safe area. logging back on a few hours later, I found that my skills had been reset to 1 each, my inventory and money completely removed, and even items vital and unattainable such as the UV flashlight, gone. 

I had done NONE of the following

• Experience any connection issues, lag, or interference in xbox live service
  • Tamper with the save file in any way
  • Manipulate any in game options

Now, I am at the same point I was before in the story, this progression remains after the start of the siblings quest. 

Seeing this problem across many boards and topics, I had hoped the admin team would at least acknowledge the issue and let us know that they would seek a solution, no such luck

instead I have seen replies to posts with as much value to game development and maintenance as your average facebook post

so, until this issue is resolved I advise you simply do not play the game, at the risk of losing everything, and potentially leading to a restart of the game (across all platforms this issue has occured) at least until this issue is addressed

And on that note, back to Destiny, and waiting for Evolve to be released. games with proper teams of developers and administrators 

Had the same problem, exited the game and logged back on a while later and everything was gone....

So with a game were you need to scavenge things and also were you can rise in levels a complete wipe besides the story progress is not fun... at all....

So I will probably not play this game until it's fix, I'd like to have all my stuff after I've logged out and logged in again.

PC user here

Edited by Ch0s1mba

I suspect they are busy bug fixing. It is a completely game breaking bug that is across every platform. I would imagine that such a bug is going to be complex. Getting back multiple items/weapons/skill points across multiple platforms through some kind of patch seems....unlikely.

I was 58% complete when I got hit. Over 10 hours In actually. The real issue I have is if I "were" going to restart the game, what's to say I won't play another 10 hours and the same damn thing happens again. I'll wait until they confirm I can start over without worry my character will be randomly erased or see if they can resolve this some other way.

First day bugs are to be expected now days, but given that publications such as forbes and ign have had articles in the last week that are calling attention to dying lights lack or reviews for the public to see, this doesn't bode well. C'mon techland were pulling for ya to fix this game! It's fun as hell!

I just had the same thing happen to me, i stopped playing at yesterday and wanted to play again when i open the game voilà no skill progression nothing . Im at %22 of story and i lost all my levels and items . I have pre ordered this game when i first saw it now im getting disappointed,Why every game has to have problems at lunch why ? Platform Pc - Misson Bolter Sample

I have this same issue as well, on the PS4.  Played over 7 hours yesterday, obviously enjoying the game enough to play that long, get on today after work and everything is gone except story progression... how does a bug this big get past them?

I found this at Steam Support.

Character lost all items/skills/points/money? See the Tech Support answer here

I had played for 4h in campaign, continued to play more 6h in coop and today my character was wiped clean. no skills, no items, no money.
At some point, during coop, my partner game crashed. We rejoined and continue playing normally until logging out.

I've opened a ticket on the support email (support@techland.pl) : http://en.support.techland.pl/support/tickets/839

This was the response:
I am sorry to hear that it happened to you. We do know about this issue and it should be fixed in the upcoming patch. It is actually caused by leaving the game right after or during sleeping. Same for disconnecting from coop when sleeping. So for it to never occur to you again before the patch make sure that the game saved properly after sleeping - by running somewhere for a bit or talking with an npc (quest or shop). And try to exit it through quiting not forcefully.

I've questioned if the patch would recover my savefile:
Most likely we won't be able to do that as the problem lies within corrupted save file.

What you can do more is to check this temporary fix, I cannot assure you tho it would work perfectly: go to "Play Campaign" from main menu of the game, choose your save file, go to "Advanced" and from there you should be able to choose "New Game from quest". Then pick the lastest progress you can.

What that should do is to get your character to the correct progress.

Edited by CovahYdoolB

Wow, this is a nasty one. I just turned on my PS4 to find the same issue. I'm not giving up on this game but I can't continue until that is fixed. It's a tough enough game as it is without having to start over(which in this case I won't mind doing). But needless to say I was (edited for the kids) a bit upset.

All in all a great game. Fix this and all is golden

I also had this issue and posted it in another thread. PC Users - for now what if we backed up our player saved file after every mission? I know it kinda sucks quitting after every mission and copy/ paste the game files but it would work. I just can't find my game saved files, does anyone know where they are located?

I had played for 4h in campaign, continued to play more 6h in coop and today my character was wiped clean. no skills, no items, no money.

At some point, during coop, my partner game crashed. We rejoined and continue playing normally until logging out.

I've opened a ticket on the support email (support@techland.pl) : http://en.support.techland.pl/support/tickets/839

This was the response:

I am sorry to hear that it happened to you. We do know about this issue and it should be fixed in the upcoming patch. It is actually caused by leaving the game right after or during sleeping. Same for disconnecting from coop when sleeping. So for it to never occur to you again before the patch make sure that the game saved properly after sleeping - by running somewhere for a bit or talking with an npc (quest or shop). And try to exit it through quiting not forcefully.

Most likely we won't be able to do that as the problem lies within corrupted save file.

What you can do more is to check this temporary fix, I cannot assure you tho it would work perfectly: go to "Play Campaign" from main menu of the game, choose your save file, go to "Advanced" and from there you should be able to choose "New Game from quest". Then pick the lastest progress you can.

This was the response:

Hey guys just want to re-examine this bit as it most likely accurate, when i quit the game it was night time, and I believe, contradictory to my earlier post, I had been killed and was in the loading screen when I signed out. all we can do is start over and manage our exits until the game is patched. Thank you to the person who posted this response and please guys keep this thread updated since the admins havent seemed to address this yet. I could be mistaken though. 

I'm on PS4, had 8 hours into game and lost everything but story progression. A friend left the game to go to bed, game resets to last check point and I lost everything. No money, loot, weapons and EXPERIENCE points. What happens when I get to 50% of the game? How am I suppose to survive at Level 1 with nothing? I had this game at 10, now it's at 2, very unplayable and huge waste of time. I wonder how they will compensate us back for time wasted. Thanks for taking 8 hours of hard work away from me and my $60 bucks plus tax Techland, I waited all this time just to feel raped. Thanks!!!

YO YO YO!!!!!! Same thing happened to me i was 22% complete and I closed the application on my ps4 because the stupid night alam watch kept beeping thru my controller after I had slept till morning and it was glitched non stop beeping. So I just closed the application with out quitting because I had never had a problem before doing that. So ya I lost everything, stats, blueprints, all of it. But i got damn near all of it back. Im not sure about the xbox ones but for me i knew when i lost everything so i went to my ps4s saved data on the console and deleted the dying light saved data, then i went to the download from online storage and just downloaded all the saved data before i lost my stuff. This all happened to me at like 11 p.m. so my cloud had saved data from 11:30 a.m. from when i played this morning before i went to work. Downloaded that to my ps4, started the game, and he all my stuff is back,  :) try it out!! it should work if you can get an earlier save point

Hey guys just want to re-examine this bit as it most likely accurate, when i quit the game it was night time, and I believe, contradictory to my earlier post, I had been killed and was in the loading screen when I signed out. all we can do is start over and manage our exits until the game is patched. Thank you to the person who posted this response and please guys keep this thread updated since the admins havent seemed to address this yet. I could be mistaken though. 

check out my post man it may help you, i was mad when it happened to me. good luck! let me know

Happened to me on PS4. I was having connection problems so in order to save I slept and turned off my console to hopefully fix my issue; what a nice surprise it was when I got back into my game with my story progress the same but with none of the inventory or skill I spent 5 hours building. After screaming at the game a bit and resisting breaking the disc I decided to continue on the same save with the help of a friend at a slightly higher level (from where it crashed). With the assurance (from this page) that I was not alone in the matter I just kept playing like normal (with a little skill boosting at night) and the donation of some much needed weapons from said friend. I was nervous about not having a UV flashlight by a comment on this page but sure enough the QuarterMaster will give you another one. So now with ~11 hours of gameplay in I'm pretty far through the story at a much lower skill level than I should be. Nonetheless its a beautiful  game, can't just give that up. I really wish preliminary bug fixing could have avoided my extreme frustration but... eh. Just keep on playing, maybe look for a friend to give a friendly donation, other than that, just get through it. Parkour... at nightttt.

Pretty much same exaact thing happened to me. i joined my friends game he just got it. we went to sleep then game crashed. i lost everything exept story progression. i dont understand what has happened. i am on xbox one and this is the first time this has happened.

GT- going too far

I don't know if it's comforting or not knowing that I'm not the only one this happened to. I'm on ps4 and after logging back in after 9hrs of play time everything is gone, and this is something that needs to be fixed soon before more and more players are affected. Because honestly, this is unacceptable. 

I know getting my progression back is impossible, but maybe like a free dlc outfit or something? I'm butthurt and I want compensation.

Same exact thing on the Xbox one. All is lost inventory wiped clean and skills reset. Story progression remains the same but now I am debating to continue playing as it was already a challenge from the beginning and will now be much harder with skills reset to 1. I feel like I have been ripped off not for sure if I can trust dev team with future releases. Hope by some miracle this can be fixed.

yeah,it hapend to me today. i had 15 hours of playing, exp calibur, anti gravity grenade... it dosent make sense to play it. i restarted the playstation and i started from the same point but with level one of power and agility but with level 25 of survivor. if techland dont solve it i want my money back. i am from brazil an y spent freaking 200 BRL for the pre order and this hapend. f*ck dying light an thank you techland for disapointing me and thousands of people again

After a long day at work I literally just hopped on dying light and continued my campaign, which was currently on the mission "Siblings". All skills and items were gone. All my work has vanished and its kind of upsetting. I honestly don't want to go through the game again to get my progress back. I'm not lazy, but to get to a point in a game and lose everything you've managed to achieve and collect is somewhat game breaking and in my opinion, pretty chupacabra. Ideally, I would love a patch that not only fixes the problem, but put everyone to at least lvl 5 in everything. Also, give us some decent gear to work with as well. Because honestly the "Oh just start over and yadda yadda save properly yadda bullshit because a patch may take eternity to come out sorry for you game loss but thanks for your 60 dollars btw" fuckery is just so aggravating! Sorry if I sound like Im bitchin too much but I feel its necessary. In the meantime, I will recommend this game to my friends still, but I sure as hell wont forget mentioning that they will risk losing hours of game time in the blink of an eye. Hopefully we see a patch soon because this game is fun as hell, but not when things like this happen.