GinBunBun

Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer

Question

Everytime I try to host or join a coop game with anyone on the PS4 the game will crash with an error. The Error is ce-34878-0. I did everything to try and fix this, Initializing the ps4, redownloading the game, restoring licences, you name it. Still nothing. I think its a bug with the game its self not the ps4 considering other people are having the same issue. I don't know but all I know is that if there is anything you guys can do to patch it or fix it please do so. Me and other people cannot enjoy the multiplayer at all as it stands.

I'm finding it difficult to remain calm about this horrible game-breaking bug, but I can provide MY experiences which will helpfully aid the development team, who totally screwed up in not properly beta testing a horribly broken network game and should be ashamed of themselves for having done so.

Sonic has Sonic's PS4 and Time Warner 30/5 Internet. Suicide has Suicide's PS4 and Fios 100/100 Internet. Both have up to date PS4s with plenty of hard drive space and nothing else pinging the network. Both have used Wifi (not Wired) every step of the way. This his how it happened.

1. Suicide went to a hotel with crappy internet, installed the game and update. Sonic was at home with good internet and did the same. Every time they connected, Suicide was kicked within a few minutes. They tried with a party, with no party, rebooted PS4s, and Sonic opened all the ports on his router and put his PS4 on the DMZ. Nothing worked, and they gave up.

2. Suicide returned home, with Fios 100/100 Internet. Nothing else changed. Sonic and Suicide played happily for two days, hours and hours of gaming fun without any bug crashes. Yay Techland! 

3. Sonic went to a different location, same PS4, game, updates, with Time Warner 2/1 (horribly slow) Internet. Every time they connect, Sonic was kicked within a few minutes. Sonic called Time Warner and upgraded to 30/5 (same as his home internet), but the problem persisted exactly the same. Connect, crash. Connect, crash. Sonic connected with others and crashed the same. Sonic deleted the game, re-installed, downloaded the update, tried and failed again. Sonic opened all the ports on his router and put his PS4 on the DMZ. Nothing worked, and they gave up. (Note that this Time Warner location uses a "Ubee" modem/router. The other uses a different brand.)

So, the same two PS4s and Dying Light discs, but when both Sonic and Suicide are at home, the game works no problem. When either one of them goes to another location, they cannot play for more than a few minutes. I hope this helps, but honestly, I'm just about to sell the game and move on with my life. There is nothing I hate more than paying a company to beta test their broken game. 

ArabPine you say "the fix.. it is coming" okay yea we would love that to happen we all know it may take time wether it's a week or few months. But will it come sooner rather then the latter? I worried now when I do try to play co-op wether or not my stats will reset again or my items will all reset to having nothing all over again also along with the crashes it's great game and I just can't wait for the co-op fix til then yea I'm 'll keep trying to play co-op even if I get kicked a million times. Cause it's worth it to me it's worthe the hassle cause the game is just that good . I can't be the only person who feels the same I know others who try all day for that 40mins of co-op play even if it takes all day. It's the interaction of team play that makes the game play 1000x better the fun timed and the scary times

I agree, personally have been nothing but aggravated by this bug, i even called them multiple times where i was given these useless solutions and even though Single Player is perfect it just isn't the same and i didn't pre-order this game for SP if it wasn't coop chances are i wouldn't have ever even purchased it. Please Techland just one patch!! Were not asking for much here!!

Running it on the just released 1.0.3 patch on the PS4.  Crashes faster now than it did before the patch.  I can't even make it 30 seconds in coop now.

Used to make it 5-10 minutes.

Both my and my friends version are updated to the new version.

Hopefully they will patch again soon.

Edited by krithren

I have gotten the new update today, and it still does not fix the co-op crash on PS4.  I play 40 minutes then it crashes for the first time, then it gets shorter and shorter between crashes.....10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes and eventually 30 seconds.  I have deleted and reinstalled the game, reset my PS4, reset my modem, nothing fixes it.  It really sucks, I lose everything I get in game with people, like clearing the quarantine zones, any weapons, air drops etc.  Really frustrating because out of my group of friends I play with, I am the only one it happens to.  They are all on Verizon and I am on Comcast.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have gotten the new update today, and it still does not fix the co-op crash on PS4. I play 40 minutes then it crashes for the first time, then it gets shorter and shorter between crashes.....10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes and eventually 30 seconds. I have deleted and reinstalled the game, reset my PS4, reset my modem, nothing fixes it. It really sucks, I lose everything I get in game with people, like clearing the quarantine zones, any weapons, air drops etc. Really frustrating because out of my group of friends I play with, I am the only one it happens to. They are all on Verizon and I am on Comcast. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Your Internet is not the problem. The game is buggy..

Sorry about the false hope, After almost an hour!!! of coop with version 1.03 i was sure it had been fixed....and then my emotions plummeted into the ground like a missile as the blue screen appeared and my hopes drowned away by error CE-34878-0. Damn that error!!!! Techland you are my only hope....

I have gotten the new update today, and it still does not fix the co-op crash on PS4.  I play 40 minutes then it crashes for the first time, then it gets shorter and shorter between crashes.....10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes and eventually 30 seconds.  I have deleted and reinstalled the game, reset my PS4, reset my modem, nothing fixes it.  It really sucks, I lose everything I get in game with people, like clearing the quarantine zones, any weapons, air drops etc.  Really frustrating because out of my group of friends I play with, I am the only one it happens to.  They are all on Verizon and I am on Comcast.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

No i don't think its the internet provider. I'm using optimum and both of my friends have different providers and they can still play without getting an error code. They have been playing with a full lobby and said nothing happens except the occasional lag.

Also tried again today after the update, seemed to clear the lag up in the crowded NPC areas for me but i still got the error code, first time was within 10min of playing and the other was around 3 to 4 hours. Other than that, i still really enjoy the story and side quests. I'm about 86% done with the game but i'm still hopeful that i can run through it with my other friends in coop. Hope Techland is still working on solving this issue in the next update.

So you release a patch that fixes the weapon duping but not the multiplayer crash? Nice priorities. You design a game for coop and the only thing that allows us to have fun by ourselves you take away. Game will be returned and Dead Island 2 pre-order will be cancelled. Dealt with the b.s. from this company enough pertaining to the previous dead islands. Good luck next game.

Hello everyone, 

First of all, apologies for the lack of any reply on our end. You guys should've been answered much earlier than this. 

Second - the multiplayer issue. The devs are aware of the multiplayer issues on PS4 and are working around the clock to get this sorted out for you all. 

We will keep you informed with what's going on so you can get back to playing with your fellow survivors.

Hello everyone, 

First of all, apologies for the lack of any reply on our end. You guys should've been answered much earlier than this. 

Second - the multiplayer issue. The devs are aware of the multiplayer issues on PS4 and are working around the clock to get this sorted out for you all. 

We will keep you informed with what's going on so you can get back to playing with your fellow survivors.

You're on a roll with these brilliant replies, Michal. Thank you very much!

Hello everyone, 

Thanks, that´s great to hear. Just show up sometimes and communicate with us and everyone´s ( almost ) fine with it.

Hello everyone, 

Just refund 1 week to reply and 400 plus error reports sent to psn made me lose all interest. If someone said this even days ago we would of lasted longer MAYBE. Your game makes even unity bugs look not bad at launch.

Now everyone brown nosing here people are sheep why companies keep doing it.

Edited by Old MellowTurtle

Another problem is that during all this we have continued to play the game, so by the time they get the coop issues fixed most of us will be done with the game.  This probably should have been fixed prior to releasing the game..

Another problem is that during all this we have continued to play the game, so by the time they get the coop issues fixed most of us will be done with the game.  This probably should have been fixed prior to releasing the game..

Agree, i really do love this game and have already completed the story and all side quests, the only incentive i have is if some of my other friends buy it at a later date and need help running through the game. I always hate when they fix minor things before the fix the huge issues, it should be the opposite. Id rather deal with bugs for a few weeks then have to constantly rejoin coop lobbies after 3 to 4 hours of play.

I´ve tested the co-op with the new patch - it slightly "improved" the stability for me. Before I was  kicked out after about 2-5 minutes. Now I´m kicked out after about 10-20 minutes.

So, still not playable. Hope there´s a final fixing patch soon.I´m through with the solo game by the end of the week,dayyyyumn.