GinBunBun

Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer

Question

Everytime I try to host or join a coop game with anyone on the PS4 the game will crash with an error. The Error is ce-34878-0. I did everything to try and fix this, Initializing the ps4, redownloading the game, restoring licences, you name it. Still nothing. I think its a bug with the game its self not the ps4 considering other people are having the same issue. I don't know but all I know is that if there is anything you guys can do to patch it or fix it please do so. Me and other people cannot enjoy the multiplayer at all as it stands.

ATTENTION EVERYONE I just got off the phone with tech support last night and they admitted they have no Idea what's causing the issue. With that said its a whole less likely we will see a fix for this anytime soon.. Keep that in mind.

How is that possible? Tech support phone line is closed on weekends. I Tried calling yesterday the the automated voice message said that.

A word from support

Some of the issues occurring with respect to the PS4 console have been fixed. Try reinstalling the game and if this does not help, please contact Sony directly.
Here is an official statement by Sony on matters related to PS4 issues:

Dying Light is now available again in the PS Store where customers can now purchase, download and play the game. There is still a known issue for customers that pre-ordered, redeemed a voucher code for, or purchased the title before it was removed from the store. The cause of that issue is still being investigated along with a fix for those users for whom it is still not working.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards

Grzegorz Krawczyk, TECHLAND

I just tried this again, still got the error code within 10min of playing a 4 player match.

Finally got a hold of techlands help desk via phone and they confirmed they are aware of the issue and originally thought it was something to do with the servers, but have now realized that its something in the game itself. They told me they are currently working on a patch and don't have an exact date, but the lady on the phone speculated sometime this week or next week. Just said to hang in there and they are sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully they get the update out here soon, i'd say to just keep posting and calling them to make sure they are aware of how widespread the issue is until they patch the game.

Finally got a hold of techlands help desk via phone and they confirmed they are aware of the issue and originally thought it was something to do with the servers, but have now realized that its something in the game itself. They told me they are currently working on a patch and don't have an exact date, but the lady on the phone speculated sometime this week or next week. Just said to hang in there and they are sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully they get the update out here soon, i'd say to just keep posting and calling them to make sure they are aware of how widespread the issue is until they patch the game.

wow shows they ignore these forums and not paying attention to the console side only pc. sad just sad i will no longer support them...

I really think the error has to do with someone using a mic..i played with one guy and had no issues and then I played again with someone else in the same sitting and he had a mic and my game didn't last more than 3 min...also I have a mic as well. So maybe 2 mics equal error...

How is that possible? Tech support phone line is closed on weekends. I Tried calling yesterday the the automated voice message said that.

I just tried this again, still got the error code within 10min of playing a 4 player match.

I did. I called them last night and I did get someone. I called this number which is on there support site.

wow shows they ignore these forums and not paying attention to the console side only pc. sad just sad i will no longer support them...

How so? She mentioned consoles the whole time, never made a reference to PC. Plus, she stated the company is fully aware of the issue and are working on a patch. I dont see how thats ignoring us..

I really think the error has to do with someone using a mic..i played with one guy and had no issues and then I played again with someone else in the same sitting and he had a mic and my game didn't last more than 3 min...also I have a mic as well. So maybe 2 mics equal error...

Hey just tried this out, we communicated through skype so we both had no mics attached to the controller and we were not in a PSN party. I crashed within 3 minutes. :c

Your game is totally unplayable in CO-OP mode!?!?!?! The crashing is unreal in this game longest i make it is 5 minutes with two player?? Evan when i try to play and live stream solo CRASH within 5 minutes!?!?! this game is unstable. I am a live streamer/ games reviewer!?!?! CE-34878-0 is the crash code... I was under the impression this is a CO-OP game, all i have seen is solo and i don't play nor buy solo game!?!?! Playstation support and steps to fix this error does not work!?!?! I wanna know is there a patch in progress or are you sweeping this problem under the rug??? I don't wanna play a game i paid $60 for in two months, i would rather play it for $30 then!?!? 

I tested this theory already does not change things. I play for 20-60 mins fine at a time with 2 out of 40 plus people i played with but i lost all my stuff from the last crash now. sad indeed

I really like the game, it surprised me.But, I mainly bought it in order to play with my buddies as there are not many story driven co-op games out there and this is just disappointing.

Don´t want another "AC Unity" Affair Techland. Dying Light is a good piece of a game and I urge you to prioritize the co-op problems and not to forget the consoles anyway.

Edited by kirito

How so? She mentioned consoles the whole time, never made a reference to PC. Plus, she stated the company is fully aware of the issue and are working on a patch. I dont see how thats ignoring us..

Sorry but we do not know you and we should take randoms postings as fact? And they ignored us almost for a week thinking we just dumb and have blocked ports if they read on there forums they would of noticed in fact it was not like 4-6 days ago so yes they ignored us. I suggest putting that thinking cap on you smell fishy you must be a fan boy or work or know someone that works at this crappy dev.

I hate sheep since there are so many that are gamers these days and most hang out on psn. I suggest growing a pair before games release in parts and are broken day one. Oh wait they already do episodes now and release rushed unoptimized games in episode form. This is why console gaming has declined so badly not many know what there talking about and know how companies work and are huge fan boys and defend everything evil companies do. The smart ones here know what i am talking about. I love how these companies tell you to do what sony copy and pastes for you to do when these fixes do not work for certain things. They are paid to respond this way even if it does not help the matter but so many eat it up and waste time and energy. I see this trend to get way worse as time goes by and people like you deserve whats coming to bad the ones like myself do not but hey we can always go to pc or nintendo or whoever else. It looks like pc has full support these days while consoles get scrapes. Oh well dumb people deserve to have dumb things happen to them. Now go outside and make snow angels maybe you will freeze out there.

gotta ask other ps4 players,  when the game crashes like it normally does every time your in co-op does it let you rejoin right away?
recently i have to load up my save file, see that multiplayer is greyed out and the options menu for online is grey as well.  then i have to quit, reload my game, then it works for 10 minutes and crashes again. then i repeat the same steps again.
the last 20+ times i had to load my save game twice to play multiplayer. 

gotta ask other ps4 players, when the game crashes like it normally does every time your in co-op does it let you rejoin right away?

recently i have to load up my save file, see that multiplayer is greyed out and the options menu for online is grey as well. then i have to quit, reload my game, then it works for 10 minutes and crashes again. then i repeat the same steps again.

the last 20+ times i had to load my save game twice to play multiplayer.

Yeah. Most of the problems we're having it closes the game completly and we get an error message and we have to bring up the app. Not exactly sure of the problem you're having.

Yeah. Most of the problems we're having it closes the game completly and we get an error message and we have to bring up the app. Not exactly sure of the problem you're having.

thats prettymuch mine, ill explain it in detail

in co-op

game crash, error message.

load dying light again

go into single player

pause menu has multiplayer and online options disabled, cannot turn online on

quit back to main menu

go into single player

multiplayer works now

join friend

then the whole process repeats like 5-10 minutes later

thats prettymuch mine, ill explain it in detail

in co-op

game crash, error message.

load dying light again

go into single player

pause menu has multiplayer and online options disabled, cannot turn online on

quit back to main menu

go into single player

multiplayer works now

join friend

then the whole process repeats like 5-10 minutes later

Easiest way to quickly join a friend is to make a PSN party and just join session on them every time you error.

My errors have been less frequent since the "update" i got, but they're still frequent enough to be a problem.

Easiest way to quickly join a friend is to make a PSN party and just join session on them every time you error.

My errors have been less frequent since the "update" i got, but they're still frequent enough to be a problem.

thanks, guess ill do the party join thing with my friend then to try to speed things up lol.

Never had a loading problem. Then again with this game anything seems possible. I gave up on multiplayer. Sick of wasting my time. Game closes after a few minutes anyway so I can't really do anything in a span of minutes. One good thing I can say about this game, I have yet to be stuck. Silver lining everybody. Still a good gameplay and story missin with an abundance of side missions to keep me busy.

I submitted a ticket about the crashing in the co-op, progession resets, and glitched trophies/achievements on PS4 and got a response as well:

"We apologize for that issue. Our team is aware of that issue and is working on a solution."

Hopefully a step in the right direction.

Last night I played with a team of 3(including myself) kicked every few seconds into minutes.(not kidding) then I said ok I'll try 2 players. We We're doing well into an hour into the game we both went to throw a weapong at a goon aka "thug" I get the crash again (not surprised right??!!) It reset my sta. Levels back to 1/1/1 I was 16/21/24 (survival/agility/strenght(combat) and no inventory nnothing in my stash no cash($$ didn't matter but) I could care less about the levels. But my katana was so hard to get maxed with 3 kings (no more blueprints either)

It's fine honestly with me about the skill reset even the missing cash but I was so proud to find those king weapon skill mods I saved for a longtime

The atk was 2445 with 2electric+2toxic ist name of weapon blueprint mod though.. #addictofdyinglightissadnow

Please fix this, this is ridiculous.  This is THE WORST POSSIBLE PROBLEM for this game, yet Techland refuses to even acknowledge the problem or give the consumers any info about it.  Just say that you are working on it, and will release a patch soon.  Not a patch for frame rate issues and stuff like that, just let people play COOP like they bought the game for.  This is insane.