GinBunBun

Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer

Question

Everytime I try to host or join a coop game with anyone on the PS4 the game will crash with an error. The Error is ce-34878-0. I did everything to try and fix this, Initializing the ps4, redownloading the game, restoring licences, you name it. Still nothing. I think its a bug with the game its self not the ps4 considering other people are having the same issue. I don't know but all I know is that if there is anything you guys can do to patch it or fix it please do so. Me and other people cannot enjoy the multiplayer at all as it stands.

Honestly my belief it happens when the players do so much so quickly . It's like the game doesn't know how to react to a all the actions. Me and some buddy's stood still as. A test for 17straight hours only barely moving to keep from going inactive and no problem though afterwards we tried running and slicing many zombies and that's when it forced closed so maybe it's a render overload issue I just hope the devs look at this post. Maybe it will help?

@kozydude yes your right rude people get half azzed service. BTw the gamestops near me know me by first name .. maybe I go in to often hahaha. Informative and detailed voices or posts would get more attention yes I did rage right off the get go yes it was wrong what would bit#!ing get us. Helpful info works the best. As saying that I honestly think it's a rendering overload kinda like ur smartphone opening waaaay to many things it will lag then just give up. Same for pc no matter how good of a pc u can still lag it to overload maybe that's what's happening. My above post does shine light on my theory but it's just that a THEORY . Could be a action or rendering overload . Or possible multi system server lag? Like a person system pings and it sends it down the line causing a massive ping to one players system causing it to force close? WoW had the same issue on the first week opening. I did work for blizZard for a few blessed months during the release of that game. With a different yet simular issue

Edited by OldTimer-MercDad

Honestly my belief it happens when the players do so much so quickly . It's like the game doesn't know how to react to a all the actions. Me and some buddy's stood still as. A test for 17straight hours only barely moving to keep from going inactive and no problem though afterwards we tried running and slicing many zombies and that's when it forced closed so maybe it's a render overload issue I just hope the devs look at this post. Maybe it will help?

@kozydude yes your right rude people get half azzed service. BTw the gamestops near me know me by first name .. maybe I go in to often hahaha. Informative and detailed voices or posts would get more attention yes I did rage right off the get go yes it was wrong what would bit#!ing get us. Helpful info works the best. As saying that I honestly think it's a rendering overload kinda like ur smartphone opening waaaay to many things it will lag then just give up. Same for pc no matter how good of a pc u can still lag it to overload maybe that's what's happening. My above post does shine light on my theory but it's just that a THEORY . Could be a action or rendering overload . Or possible multi system server lag? Like a person system pings and it sends it down the line causing a massive ping to one players system causing it to force close? WoW had the same issue on the first week opening. I did work for blizZard for a few blessed months during the release of that game. With a different yet simular issue

Hahaha glad you feel the same, i myself have been raging to my friends online and what not, we all do. Just have to take breather and evaluate it: How does this effect my life? Am i going to die or lose everything in my life if this game doesn't work? Once you answer those questions, you see how silly it is to get soo hateful about something that has little meaning in life. Video games are a huge part of my life, but if i lost power for a week, i'm still alive and well haha. Idk, i'm just as frustrated as everyone else but i find it easier to take a breath and state my problem as clearly as i can and hope for the best. It may or may not help the problem, but it will certainly go further down the chain of command if i'm being polite about the manner.

Also, that Ping theory actually makes sense since i noticed you can see the ping connection for each player in the lobby, and almost everytime i look at it, their is one player with just a dot instead of the full connection bar. Could be the connections overloading the server when you are in a heavily populated area with NPC's, which causes the game to crash instead of the server booting you out. But than again, last night i was in room with the same people i have been playing with since release and i managed to get a 3 to 4 hour session going before it gave me the error code, so its really confusing me at this point whether it has something to do with are connections in the game or if the game simply can't handle all of are connections in game.

There is quite a lot of CPU use in this game in singleplayer alone, so for the game engine to triple the processing power for each player (Each player have their own stats, Loot, Storage, Perks, Xp, etc) the game has to process all of that per player, so i can understand if its just the game not being able to handle all of us + populate the map with NPC's and Enemies. Idk, either way i will try to post the next time it does it to keep the post on the front page. As much as i enjoy the game itself, it would be perfect if i could enjoy it with my friends as well. If the coop doesn't work by March, atleast i can satisfy my Coop needs with Borderlands again! :)

[quote name="Kozydude" post="12828" timestamp="1422806568

Also food for thought: Don't criticize the developers and then ask them to help you out, they will ignore you. As a gamestop employee, i deal with customers on a daily basis that come in and yell and blame me for something that is company policy and i have nothing to do with. I usually don't help those customers out, but occasionally we will get someone who is polite and nice about the problem and explains clearly what happened and if there's any possible way to fix it and we will, even if its against store policy. So try being nice and keep posting about the problem with details: When did it occur? What fixes did you try? What where you doing in the game when it happened? If your on PC, make a DXDiag file and send it to the developers (Unfortunately, we can not do this on console) This will hopefully help the developers isolate the issue and fix it, they can't do that when they have customers asking for immediate refunds and calling the game a piece of trash. It is rude and inconsiderate of the employees that are trying their best to make a AAA title under pressure. The last thing they are going to deal with is a rude customer, so even though this issue sucks and we would all love to play Coop right now, they still managed to deliver a working title (singleplayer works fine) and i for one am enjoy this title, so just keep posting about the issue in a respectful and clear manner and hopefully they will do their best to fix this issue as soon as they can.

I see where you're coming from, but when a support ticket is opened, and you've been told you would contacted and you don't hear anything, that's annoying. That pushes my frustration that's already present way higher. There's an extreme lack of customer service. Also I'd never yell at a GameStop employee. Because in order to do id have to go to a GameStop.

Still had the same problems yesterday evening but last night, i did manage to stay in a 3 player coop session for about 3 to 4 hours before getting the error. Anytime we would try with all 4 players, the game would lag instantly and one of us would leave, getting rid of the lag. Had the same problem with AC Unity: could play with 3 players including myself but once we got a 4th player, the game would lag horribly and kick us from the server. This seems to be more of something going on in the game engine itself rather than a server problem since the game force closes instantly instead of kicking you out of the lobby and back into singleplayer.

Also food for thought: Don't criticize the developers and then ask them to help you out, they will ignore you. As a gamestop employee, i deal with customers on a daily basis that come in and yell and blame me for something that is company policy and i have nothing to do with. I usually don't help those customers out, but occasionally we will get someone who is polite and nice about the problem and explains clearly what happened and if there's any possible way to fix it and we will, even if its against store policy. So try being nice and keep posting about the problem with details: When did it occur? What fixes did you try? What where you doing in the game when it happened? If your on PC, make a DXDiag file and send it to the developers (Unfortunately, we can not do this on console) This will hopefully help the developers isolate the issue and fix it, they can't do that when they have customers asking for immediate refunds and calling the game a piece of trash. It is rude and inconsiderate of the employees that are trying their best to make a AAA title under pressure. The last thing they are going to deal with is a rude customer, so even though this issue sucks and we would all love to play Coop right now, they still managed to deliver a working title (singleplayer works fine) and i for one am enjoy this title, so just keep posting about the issue in a respectful and clear manner and hopefully they will do their best to fix this issue as soon as they can.

The whole "dont criticize and expect to help you." is a load. That's like saying I cant citicize a chef's bad food. They put it out there for everyone to enjoy and if they want to get better at it, they need to be able to accept people who criticize their work. As for some people just being overly negative, yes that's an issue. The issue is also with Techland and you cannot deny that. It has almost been a week since launch and people have been having this issue, myself included. Most people have opened support tickets asking nicely about how to fix it or if they'd fix it. All we've recieved in return are not fixes, as those "fixes" have been posted by Sony back in September with other games, if you look at comments for those articles, they DO NOT work. So to expect anger over an issue about a fix that might not ever come is obvious. The fact that they do not acknowledge the people with the issue with a real statement over some bot posting the same thing over and over is offensive and makes it seem like we're all idiots.

I played again today and managed to get another 6 hour sessions going without getting the error code. I did get alot of lag and framerate drops in the crowded areas but other than that, it seemed to be working for awhile. Still got the error code earlier this morning though, so hopefully they will get a patch out this week if they have been keeping track of this post.

The whole "dont criticize and expect to help you." is a load. That's like saying I cant citicize a chef's bad food. They put it out there for everyone to enjoy and if they want to get better at it, they need to be able to accept people who criticize their work. As for some people just being overly negative, yes that's an issue. The issue is also with Techland and you cannot deny that. It has almost been a week since launch and people have been having this issue, myself included. Most people have opened support tickets asking nicely about how to fix it or if they'd fix it. All we've recieved in return are not fixes, as those "fixes" have been posted by Sony back in September with other games, if you look at comments for those articles, they DO NOT work. So to expect anger over an issue about a fix that might not ever come is obvious. The fact that they do not acknowledge the people with the issue with a real statement over some bot posting the same thing over and over is offensive and makes it seem like we're all idiots.

I completely understand everyone's frustration, honestly. Im just as mad as anyone else about no one making a comment on the matter and getting silly replies through their support page, but yelling and demanding your money back after less than a week of the game being launched is ridiculous. They have lives too, plus its the weekend and their phone support says they are closed on the weekends, so give them some time to get back to work this week and see the feedback and hopefully fix it while giving us a proper response on the matter. If it were a month from now and they didn't fix it, i would be with everyone else and start asking for a refund of some sorts, but like i said, its been less than a week since release and they never had a beta for the game, so let them see thats its obviously not working for a lot of us and too fix the problem as soon as they can.

(kinda) disproved theory, on ps4 though

in a 2 player co-op mode i joined a friends game, we both stayed in a very small area with no zombies and kinda just stood there while he was using the bathroom.

kicked after 3 minutes

Edited by Shadow15151

I completely understand everyone's frustration, honestly. Im just as mad as anyone else about no one making a comment on the matter and getting silly replies through their support page, but yelling and demanding your money back after less than a week of the game being launched is ridiculous. They have lives too, plus its the weekend and their phone support says they are closed on the weekends, so give them some time to get back to work this week and see the feedback and hopefully fix it while giving us a proper response on the matter. If it were a month from now and they didn't fix it, i would be with everyone else and start asking for a refund of some sorts, but like i said, its been less than a week since release and they never had a beta for the game, so let them see thats its obviously not working for a lot of us and too fix the problem as soon as they can.

Takes less then a minute to post we are working on in a week stop sticking up for bad doings companies do. You part of this game or something you seem fishy to me.

(kinda) disproved theory, on ps4 though

in a 2 player co-op mode i joined a friends game, we both stayed in a very small area with no zombies and kinda just stood there while he was using the bathroom.

kicked after 3 minutes

Yup crashes in small areas we go into and idle.

A word from support

Some of the issues occurring with respect to the PS4 console have been fixed. Try reinstalling the game and if this does not help, please contact Sony directly.
Here is an official statement by Sony on matters related to PS4 issues:

Dying Light is now available again in the PS Store where customers can now purchase, download and play the game. There is still a known issue for customers that pre-ordered, redeemed a voucher code for, or purchased the title before it was removed from the store. The cause of that issue is still being investigated along with a fix for those users for whom it is still not working.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards

Grzegorz Krawczyk, TECHLAND

Edited by VonSidia

Got a reply from support on my ticket;

"We are currently working on that issue."

They better bloody well had be.   Fed of game developers selling us broken products at premium price tags of £55.   I to am getting this same random blue screen crash on the PS4 version in co-op games.  I have ALL ports open through DMZ, so it's definitely not that and  I've tried rebuilding the database on PS4.  None of which have worked.  

Edited by ChronosChris

A word from support

Some of the issues occurring with respect to the PS4 console have been fixed. Try reinstalling the game and if this does not help, please contact Sony directly.

Dying Light is now available again in the PS Store where customers can now purchase, download and play the game. There is still a known issue for customers that pre-ordered, redeemed a voucher code for, or purchased the title before it was removed from the store. The cause of that issue is still being investigated along with a fix for those users for whom it is still not working.

Best Regards

Did you try this? Did it work?

Shahzadmalik1984 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer".

A word from support

Best Regards

has anyone tried this!?!?!?! I'm at work can't try it but I'm so excited hope it works please let me know @ oldtimer.merc@Gmail.com thank you all

I reinstalled their "new?" version. It's been working pretty fine, I haven't had an error and have invaded a few people. The fact that I was able in invade and not crash the instant I got in means it could be working. I can't speak for everyone and the fact it hasn't crashed could just mean I'm getting lucky. I'd like to know for sure, but I can't vouch on that.

Edit; Just crashed. spoke too soon.

Edited by VonSidia

VonSidia has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer".

I reinstalled their "new?" version. It's been working pretty fine, I haven't had an error and have invaded a few people. The fact that I was able in invade and not crash the instant I got in means it could be working. I can't speak for everyone and the fact it hasn't crashed could just mean I'm getting lucky. I'd like to know for sure, but I can't vouch on that.

---thanks for the info let us all know if it works for long periods(I'm at work) thank you so kindly for th update techland and everyone who updates this forum!!! I can't wait to Game want to rage quit job to play lol ..

Shahzadmalik1984 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer".

A word from support

Best Regards

has anyone tried this!?!?!?! I'm at work can't try it but I'm so excited hope it works please let me know @ oldtimer.merc@Gmail.com thank you all

So it´s Sony´s problem ..fault ?? So tell me, why are PC and XBOX Users posting the same problem ??

I don´t want to sound naughty.. ;) but just fix it as soon as possible . pleeeeease :D

Edited by kirito

ATTENTION EVERYONE I just got off the phone with tech support last night and they admitted they have no Idea what's causing the issue. With that said its a whole less likely we will see a fix for this anytime soon.. Keep that in mind.