GinBunBun

Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer

Question

Everytime I try to host or join a coop game with anyone on the PS4 the game will crash with an error. The Error is ce-34878-0. I did everything to try and fix this, Initializing the ps4, redownloading the game, restoring licences, you name it. Still nothing. I think its a bug with the game its self not the ps4 considering other people are having the same issue. I don't know but all I know is that if there is anything you guys can do to patch it or fix it please do so. Me and other people cannot enjoy the multiplayer at all as it stands.

They did acknowledge that they are aware of the problem and are looking into a fix for it, but in the mean time, they said forwarding the ports might help solve the problem until they find a solution and patch it. I hope its one of their first fixes and that they don't pull a Ubisoft and delay the problem for like a month haha.

Ok so my support ticket got an instant response with a link to this page: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/~/firewall-port-numbers-to-play-games-online

I have not tested it yet but i finished setting up the ports and did a network test on the console and it actually upped my download speed to 28mb so im going to test this out later when i get home from work and see if this is the problem. Feel free to test it out yourselves and let us know if it works for you!

What a bunch of bull... They need to patch this.. No other game has this issue. This is on there end

They did acknowledge that they are aware of the problem and are looking into a fix for it, but in the mean time, they said forwarding the ports might help solve the problem until they find a solution and patch it. I hope its one of their first fixes and that they don't pull a Ubisoft and delay the problem for like a month haha.

I think you just got another bs response to buy time. There is  NO reason I should have to go messing with ports to play a game. NO other game has this goin on. They need to quit wasting players time and fix this.

Like many whom have already posted on this thread, I too, am suffering from constant "force closes" when attempting to co-op with friends.  I enjoy the single player campaign but prefer to game with friends since it seems co-op is a dying feature in the game industry.  I can normally play for about 5 minutes in a co-op session and then the game "force closes".  The game is fun and has a lot of great qualities but constantly being unable to co-op is forcing me to spend less time playing the game.  I am well aware there could be several causes for this issue however, none of the other games I play do this.  Destiny/AC:Unity/CoD:AW and several other titles all work perfectly.  Some are physical copies and others are digital copies but still, this issue does not arise with them.  

After having read this entire thread I gotta say it would be great for some Community Manager/Admin/Developer responses on the issue at hand.  Thanks for reading.

This issue is happening to my girlfriend's game. We got the game at launch and have barely touched it because we bought the game solely to play coop together. Game is essentially unplayable to us right now. Would really love if Techland acknowledged this, or if sites like IGN reported on the issue.

Yea Port Forwarding didn't help, even though it boosted my download speeds, i think i can rule out that this is a network issue on are part. Here's to hoping Techland fixes this issue ASAP.

For anyone else that curious: Kotaku has a post you can comment on about any issues your having with the game, hopefully that gets seen by the Devs.
http://kotaku.com/are-you-playing-dying-light-are-you-playing-online-in-1682556837

Yea Port Forwarding didn't help, even though it boosted my download speeds, i think i can rule out that this is a network issue on are part. Here's to hoping Techland fixes this issue ASAP.

For anyone else that curious: Kotaku has a post you can comment on about any issues your having with the game, hopefully that gets seen by the Devs.

http://kotaku.com/are-you-playing-dying-light-are-you-playing-online-in-1682556837

Ye that's all good IF my comment gets approved.....

It's a game in the beginning stages of launch with huge stress on their servers across continents and a sea! Give them some slack, Rome was not built in a day yall relax.

I don't see how yall have so many problems. Haven't had a single one here. At all!

It's a game in the beginning stages of launch with huge stress on their servers across continents and a sea! Give them some slack, Rome was not built in a day yall relax.

I don't see how yall have so many problems. Haven't had a single one here. At all!

They released a game that is broken among various platforms and they refuse to answer us here.. Rome wasn't built overnight, but I least people knew what stages things were going up

The fact that their support answers have not helped and their support team refuses to put out a statement on it with a time a patch could come is the issue. Just because you haven't had an issue with the game doesn't mean others have the same luxury.

I've had the issue since day one, I've done what Sony has told me to do, what Techland has told me to do. My save file has been corrupted TWICE because of it. If I look through my error logs on the PS4 it's nothing but Dying Light. The fact that they refuse to comment on it or show any interest towards it is offensive.

The fact that their support answers have not helped and their support team refuses to put out a statement on it with a time a patch could come is the issue. Just because you haven't had an issue with the game doesn't mean others have the same luxury.

I've had the issue since day one, I've done what Sony has told me to do, what Techland has told me to do. My save file has been corrupted TWICE because of it. If I look through my error logs on the PS4 it's nothing but Dying Light. The fact that they refuse to comment on it or show any interest towards it is offensive.

Spot on.  The lack of communication regarding the error is what's really bothering me.  

This is the same error that plagued BF4 at console release.  It will eventually be fixed, but some sort of acknowledgement on it would be greatly appreciated.

well my multiplayer problems in dying light actually got worse.
i used to just have the game crash but i could swear a bit then load dying light back up and rejoin my friend until it crashed again.
NOW it crashes, and the online options turn grey so in locked on single player.  to get online functions back in dying light i had to reset my ps4.
got an error saying that the game could not communicate with the server.

Hmmm... maybe thdie hiding something or afraid to say they have no idea ..

I wouldn't be surprised.

The main reason I have a major problem with this problem is the extreme lack of support, and customer service. We're defenatly missing out on some of the fun. Granted atleast we can play by ourselves. But much like chupacabra, it's better off with someone else.

same issue happens every time I join a game I literally get the crash every freaking time toatal bs on their part I have literally tried 30 different people every nat type ext and same result sooooooooooooooooooo stupid. techland doesn't even care.  ill think twice before I buy another game from them!

I created a ticket for this issue and told them that my PS 4 system is configured as DMZ Host..The reply was the following regarding this issue :

THIS! really makes me angry as hell. a) they didn´t read my ticket OR didn´t understand it.Dunno what´s worse B) It seems there´s no solution soon. I don´t see any statements regarding this issue and no timed information regarding a patch. Can´t believe it. I replied them, I´m curious what´s coming back

They was like this on dead island game breaking bugs it took them almost half a year wasnt it to fix the save corrupt alone. The freezes took them ages and was never fully fixed i believe. They just do not care last gen and still next gen. I am shocked this company is still around they should be long gone by people taking them to court for buying broken to hell games. I do not like spending 20 hours on a game and your save corrupts and keeps happening. To me that is a broken game and should be a reason you can get a full refund but nope as consumers we do not have that many rights anymore

Came here to say the same thing. I crash within ~5 minutes of starting co-op play. My friend has the exact same problem as well when he hosts.

What's strange is that on release day we were able to play perfectly for many hours with no interruptions whatsoever. It was an absolute blast. Now we're going mad wondering what's changed since day 1.

HELP US TECHLAND, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!

It started when the docket and companion app synced with the game i played thoughout the night and morning not a single freeze with 4 people then i got the popup saying i got my dockets and scout items ready from the companion app. That is when it all started but since not many people complaining about not being able to play coop they wont take those services down so we can play. I so want a dang refund but the store said no you opened it. We need a new return policy is a game is known to be this broken we should be able to return it opened for a full refund within 1-2 days time frame at least.

Sh**´s going down : http://kotaku.com/are-you-playing-dying-light-are-you-playing-online-in-1682556837#
Techland: Fix the problem or prepare for a huge massive shitstorm

We didn´t pay for a beta release. I don´t buy a car that drives when driving alone and won´t when I have passengers. You are the car seller so fix it and further MORE TALK TO US ! *capslockenragemodeoff*

You a troll or know the devs cause it is the game not the servers the well educated people know this. If it was servers it would be all random but the crashes are always happening and most of my friends play coop nonstop rarely ever a crash. I beta test for 20 years i know how to figure stuff out and to bad i do not have access to there stuff cause they seem to be clueless how to troubleshoot anything besides opening ports. They know this info is a lie why do you ask cause many of us have the ps4 set to dmz host which means every port is open cause devs are putting out clunkers that need it often. It is not safe to have a dmz open but wth next gen for ya. This dev did an amazing job on the gameplay but yet there still plagued with there same issues they had on the dead island series like really wth. This problem needs more attention and we all know news places are easily paid off and if they make a news article they will call us gamers whiners and we do not know how to open ports and that would fix it. Then they delete comments saying there full of it. Rant over this game made me an angry person since launch i am done they took like 6 months to fix serious bugs in the dead island games expect it to be around the same time. They ignore the gamers and spit out false info so it looks like they care. It is cheaper for them to copy and paste things sony says then fix there stuff. They are also pc fan boys and they always love fixing the pc side and the consoles get dirty seconds. Pfft good luck all i want a damn refund and will never buy a game from this dev again they fooled me 3 times now so there dead to me.

You a troll or know the devs cause it is the game not the servers the well educated people know this. If it was servers it would be all random but the crashes are always happening and most of my friends play coop nonstop rarely ever a crash. I beta test for 20 years i know how to figure stuff out and to bad i do not have access to there stuff cause they seem to be clueless how to troubleshoot anything besides opening ports. They know this info is a lie why do you ask cause many of us have the ps4 set to dmz host which means every port is open cause devs are putting out clunkers that need it often. It is not safe to have a dmz open but wth next gen for ya. This dev did an amazing job on the gameplay but yet there still plagued with there same issues they had on the dead island series like really wth. This problem needs more attention and we all know news places are easily paid off and if they make a news article they will call us gamers whiners and we do not know how to open ports and that would fix it. Then they delete comments saying there full of it. Rant over this game made me an angry person since launch i am done they took like 6 months to fix serious bugs in the dead island games expect it to be around the same time. They ignore the gamers and spit out false info so it looks like they care. It is cheaper for them to copy and paste things sony says then fix there stuff. They are also pc fan boys and they always love fixing the pc side and the consoles get dirty seconds. Pfft good luck all i want a damn refund and will never buy a game from this dev again they fooled me 3 times now so there dead to me.

AMEN!

IGN was contacted by a user from here and Kotaku is already collecting opinions from the players : http://kotaku.com/ps-4-solo-runs-without-problems-for-me-so-far-frie-1683063011

I'm having the same issue. Whether I join my buddies or they join me, I get kicked and the blue error screen. My connection is hard wired with 20mpbs up and 3mpbs down. It seems techland support is garbage or they are just keeping quiet because they have no clue or could care less. If anyone is looking for dying light, mines for sale.

Still had the same problems yesterday evening but last night, i did manage to stay in a 3 player coop session for about 3 to 4 hours before getting the error. Anytime we would try with all 4 players, the game would lag instantly and one of us would leave, getting rid of the lag. Had the same problem with AC Unity: could play with 3 players including myself but once we got a 4th player, the game would lag horribly and kick us from the server. This seems to be more of something going on in the game engine itself rather than a server problem since the game force closes instantly instead of kicking you out of the lobby and back into singleplayer.

Also food for thought: Don't criticize the developers and then ask them to help you out, they will ignore you. As a gamestop employee, i deal with customers on a daily basis that come in and yell and blame me for something that is company policy and i have nothing to do with. I usually don't help those customers out, but occasionally we will get someone who is polite and nice about the problem and explains clearly what happened and if there's any possible way to fix it and we will, even if its against store policy. So try being nice and keep posting about the problem with details: When did it occur? What fixes did you try? What where you doing in the game when it happened? If your on PC, make a DXDiag file and send it to the developers (Unfortunately, we can not do this on console) This will hopefully help the developers isolate the issue and fix it, they can't do that when they have customers asking for immediate refunds and calling the game a piece of trash. It is rude and inconsiderate of the employees that are trying their best to make a AAA title under pressure. The last thing they are going to deal with is a rude customer, so even though this issue sucks and we would all love to play Coop right now, they still managed to deliver a working title (singleplayer works fine) and i for one am enjoy this title, so just keep posting about the issue in a respectful and clear manner and hopefully they will do their best to fix this issue as soon as they can.