GinBunBun

Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer

Question

Everytime I try to host or join a coop game with anyone on the PS4 the game will crash with an error. The Error is ce-34878-0. I did everything to try and fix this, Initializing the ps4, redownloading the game, restoring licences, you name it. Still nothing. I think its a bug with the game its self not the ps4 considering other people are having the same issue. I don't know but all I know is that if there is anything you guys can do to patch it or fix it please do so. Me and other people cannot enjoy the multiplayer at all as it stands.

Well my help ticket has been open for almost 48 hours now and I've heard nothing from tech land. Think they said chupacabra those guys. Starting to get a tad pissed off here. Have no idea what else to do to solve this issue. Tech land havent done chupacabra, PSN can't do chupacabra, so I guess I'll just take a chupacabra on the game.

Came here to say the same thing. I crash within ~5 minutes of starting co-op play. My friend has the exact same problem as well when he hosts.

What's strange is that on release day we were able to play perfectly for many hours with no interruptions whatsoever. It was an absolute blast. Now we're going mad wondering what's changed since day 1.

HELP US TECHLAND, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!

EVERYONE, news from techland!!!

Go to Settings, click on PSN, then on Restore Licences then click on Restore.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

If the above method does not seem to work, please refer to Sony's official statement on matters related to PS4 coop issues:

Dying Light is now available again in the PS Store where customers can now purchase, download and play the game. There is still a known issue for customers that pre-ordered, redeemed a voucher code for, or purchased the title before it was removed from the store. The cause of that issue is still being investigated along with a fix for those users for whom it is still not working.

Seems kind of useless

EVERYONE, news from techland!!!

Go to Settings, click on PSN, then on Restore Licences then click on Restore.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

If the above method does not seem to work, please refer to Sony's official statement on matters related to PS4 coop issues:

Dying Light is now available again in the PS Store where customers can now purchase, download and play the game. There is still a known issue for customers that pre-ordered, redeemed a voucher code for, or purchased the title before it was removed from the store. The cause of that issue is still being investigated along with a fix for those users for whom it is still not working.

Seems kind of useless

Can confirm this works. So far so good at least.

Having the same problem, same error code. Hasn't happened to me with any other games so far, tried reinstalling, restarting internet/PS4, redownloading the license, nothing seems to work. Had it running fine earlier until we played with a third person, when we had all four we would experience lag and i would get booted. Im sure it needs to be patched, didn't expect the coop to work day one. Other than that, Singleplayer works fine, it would just be nice if i could get help from my friend without being booted and losing my progress. 

Hope you can find a fix for this, thanks again Techland for a beautiful game!

-Kyle KO

Love the game HATE THE CRASHES. I have tried everything and in the end same outcome which literally just lead me to shatter a controller in my hands by twisting it in anger... Now I need to go get a new controller dam bugs enraged so bad. Maybe I should I should Bill techland for my controller and psn fee since I paid for a year just for this game

Couldn't agree more, the only reason I bought this game was to coop it with my friends, but since I can't do that it's a useless $60 app I have to stare at on my ps4 home screen. What's worse is that it's my first (and last) AAA digital copy so I can't even trade it in for something else...

Edited by Zardoz83

Ok so my support ticket got an instant response with a link to this page: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/~/firewall-port-numbers-to-play-games-online

I have not tested it yet but i finished setting up the ports and did a network test on the console and it actually upped my download speed to 28mb so im going to test this out later when i get home from work and see if this is the problem. Feel free to test it out yourselves and let us know if it works for you!

Edited by Kozydude

Ok so my support ticket got an instant response with a link to this page: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241/~/firewall-port-numbers-to-play-games-online

I have not tested it yet but i finished setting up the ports and did a network test on the console and it actually upped my download speed to 28mb so im going to test this out later when i get home from work and see if this is the problem. Feel free to test it out yourselves and let us know if it works for you!

GL. Hope this response works for you.. Let us know :) I don't understand why we have to mess with ports. We should be able to pop the game in and go like any  other game.  Others I've seen try this it failed.

Couldn't agree more, the only reason I bought this game was to coop it with my friends, but since I can't do that it's a useless $60 app I have to stare at on my ps4 home screen. What's worse is that it's my first (and last) AAA digital copy so I can't even trade it in for something else...

Luckily, I didn't go digital. I have spoken to the store I purchased from and I can return this waste of money for a full refund. I might purchase again after a fix is in place but after the lack of concern and space filler responses to the players not so sure I will.

Edited by sindora