GinBunBun

Dying Light Ps4 Crash On Multiplayer

Question

Everytime I try to host or join a coop game with anyone on the PS4 the game will crash with an error. The Error is ce-34878-0. I did everything to try and fix this, Initializing the ps4, redownloading the game, restoring licences, you name it. Still nothing. I think its a bug with the game its self not the ps4 considering other people are having the same issue. I don't know but all I know is that if there is anything you guys can do to patch it or fix it please do so. Me and other people cannot enjoy the multiplayer at all as it stands.

Called Playstation network and they said due to the error message that there was a bug in the system itself. I had to back up all data for every game and do an initialization of the system. Deleted everything but since I backed it up o. The cloud it was fine. Have to see how this works.

Yeah...I am having this problem as well. Everytime I try to find a fix it only shows PC. There are several threads on this topic in these forums. Not one of them has been responded to by Techland. I was entirely too excited for this game, and the lack of attention/support on the matter is discerning.

I opened a ticket on it and got a immediate automated response saying a tech would get back to me within 24 hours. We shall see I guess. Atleast we can play by ourselves. Silver lining boys. A little surprised myself that there has been zero support this far. Maybe even a "were working on the issue" response. But nope. Guess we have to keep coming back here.

I went far and beyond to fix this crash nonstop in coop and here are my results and what i tried.

I will say first it seems to crash with certain people when it is just me and them. I play fine with one person for example but they go offline so i try with another person just 2 of us and it crashes nonstop and always with them. I even have my ps4 as the dmz host with every port open so is not that.

I tried Wired and Wireless and wireless happened so much faster go figure almost instantly instead of a few mins for it to crash.

I have the digital and the physical copies both do the same thing and the disc copy seems to happen more often. I reloaded the game around 75 times prob way more in the last 24 hours so kept trying to find some kind of theory everyone and myself ran out of ideas they only crashed once it is only me.

I restored my licenses deleted the disc data and digital and neither fixed anything. I deleted my saves and started fresh and crashes. I went on a few open networks still crashes. I even upgraded my internet last night and the speeds rock. I even got a new modem so that did not fix anything.

I did networking back in the day and built and repaired computers for 20 years i might be rusty on the networking but i am more advanced then most i know or talked to.

So this is my experiences and ways i tried to get it to work.

I also got a 2tb hard drive but i even tried it on the stock one no go. I am out of ideas all my other games play fine even when playing for 12 hours straight yes i sometimes do that. I am old but not dead yet haha

Does anyone else have any ideas it must be something with the code maybe it does not like settings a isp enforces or something we have no control over i sure do not. I only have one ps4 and my friends are xbox people so no help there to try on another ps4 on my network. My other games are fine just not this game.

Oh also i noticed this started after i was notified the dockets and companion app finally went live it popped up i had dockets and companion scout items waiting it is about then it started this mess. I was playing with 3 people for 3-5 hours at time no crashes.

Sorry about the messy post i am writing this like a blog post as it hits me i write what i tried and thoughts.

All i know is i paid good money for this game to only play coop with friends and i cannot in my book it is not playable for coop experience. I can play Solo fine but once you get hooked playing with friends you do not want to go back to solo unless those friends make you annoyed.

What a shame the game is so amazing one of the best next gen coop games and i am stuck beta testing and trying to fix something they should be. I am bummed how we as day one buyers are the beta testers. I beta and alpha test often and this stuff feels like i am doing that with bought games.

I hope we can find a way to fix this with a workaround of them fixing this very soon not weeks from now cause i cannot wait that long. I decided to even cut back way more yet again on buying games day one now what a shame.

Ok, Great news!! I chatted with a dying light / techland developer and he stated that he became aware of this problem and was planning on emailing all of those who sent a ticket concerning the problem. He also said that by the end of today he would have a solution in English, considering that they are polish. I believe an answer is coming our way! :)

p.s. He said it was something about the ports

Having same problem, crashing every 5-10 minutes in Co-Op only.  Physical version of game.  Even did a full initialization and did not work help.  Just posting for more visibility.

Ok, Great news!! I chatted with a dying light / techland developer and he stated that he became aware of this problem and was planning on emailing all of those who sent a ticket concerning the problem. He also said that by the end of today he would have a solution in English, considering that they are polish. I believe an answer is coming our way! :)

Awesome news if true!  

Edited by Excite

I have all ports open on the ps4 with dmz host so that fix wont help me....

I have all ports open on the ps4 with dmz host so that fix wont help me....

Same for me here. Dying Light is the only game troubling me like this. And when I search the web for that issue, there are also xbox and pc-users with the same problem.

Patch it or scratch dudes! Also, start communicating. I digged through ALL post here regarding this error and couldn´t find NOT ONE statement. Better begin communicating or

you shouldn´t even consider to develop a Dying Light 2. Weak launch, weak development so far! Well done *angrymodeoff*

Same issue here as well. I played for about an hour with one of my buddies and it was fine. Then later I played with another friend and it crashed every 15-20 minutes. All 3 of us have the digital version. I tried rebuilding the database and resetting my modem but that didn't work. Also about a week ago I had completely reinstall my ps4 system data due to a different problem, so I doubt it has anything to do with the actual system. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon because it really takes away from an otherwise great game.

I just played earlier and it was fine with this one person then another person joins and within mins i crash and i was playing for about 30 mins fine until this other person joined. I wonder if most people have there ports closed and when we play with these people we get the blue screen of death. It sorta makes me curious to see if that is the problem. It does not matter if we have are ps4 with a completely open dmz/ports so we cannot fix it on are end. I read someone posted techland support said in a ticket which hinted it was a port issue. I know most of my friends on the ps4 have restricted nat and have no clue how to open ports or use a dmz on there modem. I try to help them step by step but they are to lazy to even try or get lost on step one. So if the fix is to get your friends to open ports good luck with that many will not do this cause it is to hard for them even if they got a step by step video to do it. Then the ones with the ports closed do not have issues so in there heads why would they go through the nightmare to open them. They would rather ditch you and play with the so many others without this problem.

This just a theory but i tried everything a person can do on there side it is either my ps4 of the software or psn or hell even those companion app and docket linked accounts could cause this issue. I know unity had issues bad and they told us to disconnect from the internet to fix the frame rate and other issues so maybe this is causing it also got me just thinking out loud. All i know is my network is fully open i did everything a tech would do in my place and even went farther. It has to be either the ps4 software or the game code that does not like something on select ps4 systems. This is why they need to do open betas for all multiplayer games but we all know how companies work there to scared to show there broken games in most cases it loses them short term money. It would be a smart move for the long run of you will be known for being a unstable game dev that always puts out game breaking games with save corruptions and broken mp. I wont even go into a debate how that zombie mode is so broken so many tried to invade people and it keeps failing. I heard a few say after hours of trying they got to try it once or twice and loved it. I wish i could but i would be happy to be able to play coop only reason i bought the disc version then i thought hey maybe digital would fix this issue so i paid twice for this broken game.

Ok sorry i had that built up but it ticks me off this company just ignores these game breaking bugs and letting us all get stressed and after we bottle it up for so long we pop. I wont buy a techland game again in the future until its 20-30 new or used by then maybe it will be playable...

I created a ticket for this issue and told them that my PS 4 system is configured as DMZ Host..The reply was the following regarding this issue :

THIS! really makes me angry as hell. a) they didn´t read my ticket OR didn´t understand it.Dunno what´s worse B) It seems there´s no solution soon. I don´t see any statements regarding this issue and no timed information regarding a patch. Can´t believe it. I replied them, I´m curious what´s coming back

It's obviously a bug on their end... I played Destiny for 3 hours last night with no problems, I've played countless hours online with Killzone Shadow Fall, Minecraft, Diablo 3 etc etc. I'm sure they are aware of the issue and are probably working towards a solution, however an acknowledgement from them would be welcome.