AoW_Dark_Knight

Dying Light May Have Just Been Ruined For Me

Let me start out by saying how excited I was for this game, now? Not so much. I was playing and everything was going great. My console then decided to chupacabra out and lose connection, signed me out and the game sent me back to the home screen. I signed back in and reconnected to xbox live only to find out that my game progress (Story) had not been changed, but my ranks were set back to level one, meaning I lost all of my skills. I was a level 11 survivor, level 9 agility and level 9 power. All of that, gone. I also lost all of my inventory, my two pistols, my two rifles, my shotgun, the EXPCalibur, all gone. I may sound a little whiney, but this has infuriated me beyond belief. Techland was on the road to redeeming themselves for what happened with Dead Island and this happens. Please, tell me this is temporary and there is a way to get all of it back and it was just a glitch..otherwise, I don't think I will be keeping this game for very much longer..

I just realized my level is reset too! I can attempt to continue this game with my level still the same but NOT starting my character all over at point where I am at now. Techland please speak to this, I am sure their is nothing you can do about it now but issue a fix and please give me back my wasted dockets I received for pre-ordering. 

yeah this has just happened to me :(.. i thought they would have learnt from dead island

stayed up all night to play it at midnight, had 2 hours of epic gaming, then just switched it on and this....i have a 55 pound game iam unable to play because of this its literally game breaking, iam un able to continue with no skills or items, and came on here for a resolution.....and no answers or nothing ggggrrr iam on ps4 btw, this is really unbelievable :(....very very unhappy :(

Just happened to me as well. This is a very serious bug. if this is effecting both ps4/PC players techland needs to address this problem right away. This is a game breaking bug. I am now 60% through the game without any weapons or money. This is skyrim all over again. Techland please fix this... I am not replaying through 12 hours of the same gameplay just to have this happen again. And being at the harder part of the game...I need a weapon better than a pipe.

Edited by bombadill3

im also reading people have been able to download a patch, ver 1.01 and ver 1.02.....i have had no patches im in the uk on ps4, im still runnning ver 1.00 still is this the reason for loss of all skills and weapons??

im also reading people have been able to download a patch, ver 1.01 and ver 1.02.....i have had no patches im in the uk on ps4, im still runnning ver 1.00 still is this the reason for loss of all skills and weapons??

I am running 1.02. I don't think the patch did anything but make more bugs thus far. To be expected I guess. This is quite a big bug if every platform is experiencing the same issues.

Hi, created a tread yesterday with same problem, on ps4. Since I play wirhout internet connection, I keep my level.. anyway, is an admin reading this or is this just a discussion tread? I definitly wont start for the third time from the beginning if I lose my skill levels again.

HOLY kurczak, good that I haven't gotten to the school mission yet, Techland, what is this? If it is a bug, fix it, because people will be really angry.

Reminds me of The Last Of Us, loosing 12 hours of progress at the initial launch and the devs didn't do chupacabra, like restoring your progress or something, though this is an entirely different game with the time you spent scavenging and running around.

Are you serious guys?

Please, change the topic to "Game Breaking Bug" so everybody knows how serious this is.

Edited by atticmike

if this is happening when people are playing online, chances are, they've probably encounter a bug that does this. if that the case, then maybe it time to start using the cloud save and disable auto-upload of the save files.

but chances are, it probably server-side, but i highly doubt it. and if it happen again, i'm certain we'll see the same issues again just like BF4 and DiCE

Ok I started all over and passed the school mission without losing my level or stuff. It sucked at first but knowing everything I didn't know helped me out in the long run. I suggest backing up save file before school mission and often just in case:

"

Fen_

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

For the people on steam, the save files are located here: Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\youridnumber\239140\remote\out"

Okay guys not sure if you are aware but the progression loss issue where you lose all of your levels items and money is a glitch that happens when you go to sleep in game and then quit. To stop this from happening either don't go to sleep, or speak to an NPC like a quatermaster etc... and make sure you pause and quit from the menu rather than switching off your console. If you've already lost your levels you can't recover them, I lost a 13 hour save. I had to start again and sure i was annoyed but i play with 3 friends so it wasn't hard to level up again and i still really enjoyed myself. Still only 11% finished after another 14 hours :)

I'm not sure why this 'fix' isn't a pinned topic so everyone can be aware and avoid the issue.

Hope this helps guys

'Is this issue only happening to players using internet connection?  I don't have internet.  Do you guys think I'm safe?'

I played through the begining missions 6 times (all in Offline mode). Each time I quit via the main menu, and when I restarted the game there was no option to continue and the only option is start new game.

So this problem with 'Save Games being wiped' is on all platforms, and in BOTH online and offline modes.

My save issue didn't happen until peeps randomly joined my game.  Shame on me for thinking a Co-Op game could be played cooperatively.  Same thing happened back on release of Dead Island.  Will have to wait 2-4 weeks just as we all did then for them to fix their game that they pushed out to make money and release a beta version to pay for finishing the game.

Edited by Xelsiar