Sign in to follow this  
totomantis

Are There Any Techland Supporters Here Or Is It Just Us Community Trying To Help Us Out?

Really Guys?

30 mins before the game should have been released you make a tweet saying the eu version will be playable on january the 30th? this, my ladies and gentlemen, is the biggest joke and maybe the worst release i ever saw in gaming history. and on top, NOBODY from techland gives a chupacabra about us customers. they dont even answer on their technical support forum. if id work like that, my boss would penetrate me with biros. chupacabra that chupacabra

actually, they answered quite a few on the tech forums. And they answered my ticket pretty damn fast so it must be just you. They even managed to fix my problem in just 3 hours which is pretty damn good for a tech support. And I'm in Europe, I'm dutch. They have tickets to reply to, a forum to moderate and calls to answer. They can't do everything at once. They aren't witches or wizards, they are people. 

Furhermore, they didn't say it 30 minutes before the game came out. It was told waaaay before that. I knew that a couple days ago. Not to mention, it's only for physical copies, not the digital ones. 

Just have some patience, there are more people with problems than just you and they are working as fast as they can. 

Btw, just a piece of advice but you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar. With that I mean, if you are patient and understanding about it they are more likely to go the extra mile for you than if you act angry and frustrated. I know that can be a hard thing to do but it will get you a lot further in life no matter what kind of problem you have. 

Not to mention it's just human decency to not rage at someone for something they can't immediately fix...just saying.

actually, they answered quite a few on the tech forums. And they answered my ticket pretty damn fast so it must be just you. They even managed to fix my problem in just 3 hours which is pretty damn good for a tech support. And I'm in Europe, I'm dutch. They have tickets to reply to, a forum to moderate and calls to answer. They can't do everything at once. They aren't witches or wizards, they are people. 

Furhermore, they didn't say it 30 minutes before the game came out. It was told waaaay before that. I knew that a couple days ago. Not to mention, it's only for physical copies, not the digital ones. 

Just have some patience, there are more people with problems than just you and they are working as fast as they can. 

Btw, just a piece of advice but you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar. With that I mean, if you are patient and understanding about it they are more likely to go the extra mile for you than if you act angry and frustrated. I know that can be a hard thing to do but it will get you a lot further in life no matter what kind of problem you have. 

Not to mention it's just human decency to not rage at someone for something they can't immediately fix...just saying.

ive been waiting 10 hours to play the game when they said i could with microsoft not admitting fault and chupacabra people that want this game over its just not right they clearly care more about cod aw then a new game 

im talking about the digital version. on january the 23 they said on their official page that the game will be released on january the 28th. 1 hour ago (23.30Uhr) they posted thát the game will be delayed to the 30th.

and i paid for their product already...are you patient if you pay for your bread but the bakery decides to bake your bread 1 week later? im frustrated and i feel like nobody is caring. im from germany, we care about our customers and im not used to this chupacubra

so, you have the digital version....not the physical one? the announcement wasn't even for you then. Only the physical versions got delayed as far as I know. Either that or it could be that your country is blocking the game due to legal issues (One game that I can't remember the name of right now got banned in one of Europe's countries for example because it was too gory right on release day......which wasn't the game companies fault at that time for example) So it could be that it has nothing to do with Techland but more your countries system of distribution laws or something like that. I'm not a lawyer or anything in the legal business so I can't tell you more about that.

All I know is that the announcement for the delay till the 30th was for physical copies since distribution ran in to some mayor issues last second. 

Also, not sure what Microsoft or COD AW has anything to do with Dying Light. 

What might instead be helpful is telling us what exactly the issue is. All you have said so far is that you are mad and that you can't play the game. Nobody is going to be able to help you with that amount of information. 

Like I said, there are more people with issues than just you. Furthermore, some issues are just more difficult to fix than others because what they need to do is recreate the problem and then find what part of the code is causing said issue. Sometimes it's obvious, a line in the script causing issues with another line.....other times it's as annoying as accidentally putting a , instead of a . in the code. Try to find that in a piece of code that's nothing but text spanning about 5000 pages. 

They are doing their best and people raging at them does not help the matter. It just makes it go slower. 

Take this for example. It's been almost an hour now since your post and I still don't know what exactly the issue is that you are having. All I know is that for some reason you can't play. I don't know what exactly is going wrong, I don't know what operating system you use or what version, I don't know what you have already tried yourself that didn't have any effect, I don't know your specs.

If you have a problem it is in your best interest to help them help you.

We have just been abruptly informed that on Xbox One Dying Light will have a digital release of January, 28th in Australia and New Zealand, January, 29th in France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg and January 30th in the UK and other international markets.

All digital PlayStation 4 releases are scheduled for January 28th.

Thats what they posted on their facebook 30 minutes before the game shouldve been released for me.all i say  that this is a joke and not even one of techland neither xbox can tell why and who decided that. there are 8 men here who wanted to play the game this night....

i dont need any help, all i want to see is anyone caring about the people who waited for midnight and were told 30 mins before release that they cant play now.

Guys,a lot of us are angry and frustrated at the moment.

But we have to understand that Techland "developed" the game and are not involved in the publishing nor distribution of said game.

It's Warner Bros. that does the publishing,distribution etc.

I firmly believe(prove me wrong otherwise) Warner Bros. is at fault here for the f uck up(on both PS4 and Xbox One outside of USA).

So you are just going to continue raging? Fine. 

I am going to point you to your own post. "We have just been abruptly informed....." means they have nothing to do with it and it's out of their hands. So you are barking up the wrong tree here. 

Have fun with your problem, goodbye. I have no further interest in helping you.

Guys,a lot of us are angry and frustrated at the moment.

But we have to understand that Techland "developed" the game and are not involved in the publishing nor distribution of said game.

It's Warner Bros. that does the publishing,distribution etc.

I firmly believe(prove me wrong otherwise) Warner Bros. is at fault here for the f uck up(on both PS4 and Xbox One outside of USA).

if you mention the word dyinglight to xbox support they pretty much just copy past the response of talk to someone else its an issue with the xbox marketplace not being updated and they are to busy fixing cod aw dlc then to put 1-2 people on changing a damn date

if you mention the word dyinglight to xbox support they pretty much just copy past the response of talk to someone else its an issue with the xbox marketplace not being updated and they are to busy fixing cod aw dlc then to put 1-2 people on changing a damn date

Well,they're(support) just messengers and can only relay to us what they've been told to say.

so, you have the digital version....not the physical one? the announcement wasn't even for you then. Only the physical versions got delayed as far as I know. Either that or it could be that your country is blocking the game due to legal issues (One game that I can't remember the name of right now got banned in one of Europe's countries for example because it was too gory right on release day......which wasn't the game companies fault at that time for example) So it could be that it has nothing to do with Techland but more your countries system of distribution laws or something like that. I'm not a lawyer or anything in the legal business so I can't tell you more about that.

All I know is that the announcement for the delay till the 30th was for physical copies since distribution ran in to some mayor issues last second. 

Also, not sure what Microsoft or COD AW has anything to do with Dying Light. 

What might instead be helpful is telling us what exactly the issue is. All you have said so far is that you are mad and that you can't play the game. Nobody is going to be able to help you with that amount of information. 

Like I said, there are more people with issues than just you. Furthermore, some issues are just more difficult to fix than others because what they need to do is recreate the problem and then find what part of the code is causing said issue. Sometimes it's obvious, a line in the script causing issues with another line.....other times it's as annoying as accidentally putting a , instead of a . in the code. Try to find that in a piece of code that's nothing but text spanning about 5000 pages. 

They are doing their best and people raging at them does not help the matter. It just makes it go slower. 

Take this for example. It's been almost an hour now since your post and I still don't know what exactly the issue is that you are having. All I know is that for some reason you can't play. I don't know what exactly is going wrong, I don't know what operating system you use or what version, I don't know what you have already tried yourself that didn't have any effect, I don't know your specs.

If you have a problem it is in your best interest to help them help you.

I am in Australia which had a release date of 12:01am on January 28th 2015.

Here's what they posted on their Facebook page at about 8am on January 28th 2015: "We have just been abruptly informed that on Xbox One Dying Light will have a digital release of January 29th in France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemburg and January 30th in Australia and New Zealand, UK and other international markets"

This change of date occurred 8 hours after the game should have already been out. It's not a glitch in the system that they need to fix, Xbox literally had the wrong date and never changed it to the correct one. All because the publisher (Warner Brothers) did not communicate the correct date to Microsoft. Now, instead of just releasing it like they should, they have just changed the "official" date to the one that was incorrectly listed on xbox live. Must have been easier than them just making the game available. I've had the game installed on my console for over a week now and they only have to fix the links in the store so that I can unlock it, but they won't.

It's actually in their (Microsoft's) best interest to hold onto our preorder money as long as possible before giving it to the developers/publishers on launch day because, until then, that money is sitting in Microsoft's bank account earning interest every day.

That's why we have to wait two whole days longer, not because there's some glitch that they need to fix.

The release date for both AUS and NZ has now changed again, see screen shot below from there facebook page, the original post has been edited by them.

Fjde3KL.jpg

Yeah, it's bullshit.

As great as this game might be, I'm tempted to get a refund just because I don't like being jerked around when there's plenty of other great games out there that I could be playing right now.

I already have the damn game installed, all they need to do is actually release it so I can unlock it. There's literally no good reason for this, it's not like they're waiting for stock to come into the country.

Also, who's to say they won;t change the date again in a couple of days, forcing us to wait even longer? They do have proven a track record of changing it at the last minute, or in this case, 8+ hours after it should have already launched.

I'm going to try tonight at midnight, even though they said that the new date will be the 30th. When trying to start the game, it goes to the sotre to unlock it and that still says the 29th. If it works then great. If not, it's refund time.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ