kjolnir

Be The Zombie Mode - A Bit Disappointing

So I haven't played that much, but trying to get a game as the zombie has proved to be a mostly fruitless effort.  In general, 90% of the quick join attempts fail.  I also have to refresh the lobby screen a dozen or so times just to even find an eligible game to join.

I think the problems surrounding this mode can be summarized as follows:

1)  Invasion mode is off by default.  I think this is heavily contributing to the overall dysfunction.  Being off by default means the "supply to demand" ratio of eligible games to night hunter players is way out of kilter since most players wouldn't think to go turn it on.  There are probably more hunter players than games to join.  This also creates a sitution where players who have activated Invasions turn them off since they're tired of getting worn out all the time.

2)  On the rare occasion that I was able to join a game, only one time did the players not all quit before the cutscene.  I think this is mostly due to the misconception that the night hunter is a nigh-on-unstoppable beast akin to the Tank from L4D.  People are scared of it, and leave.  Blame this on the marketing folks, because I can surely understand why players would think that based upon the way the night hunter was marketed.

3)  The incentive for playing with the hunter is not significant enough to convince players to consider the additional difficulty as worthwhile.

4)  The punishment for quitting a hunter game isn't severe enough for players to consider it before quitting.  Also, it doesn't kick in until after the cutscene.  100% of the games where players have quit have been before the cutscene, thereby avoiding the penalty, completely defeating the purpose of the penalty.

I'd recommend making the following changes:

1)  Turn invasion mode on by default, and make it clear to players what this means, and how to disable it.
2)  Make players aware of truly how squishy and weak a level 1 hunter is.
3)  Make players aware that they are not going to get roflstomped by a high-level hunter if they are a low-level human since the games aren't paired that way.

4)  Increase the incentive for playing with a hunter to something a majority of players would consider worthwhile.

5)  Make the quit penalty more severe, and it should kick in as soon as the hunter joins, not after the cutscene.  After all, you can't be in Invasion mode without informed consent, so why shouldn't you face a stiff penalty for quitting?

Just my two cents.  I haven't played any of the campaing, just messed around with Be The Zombie this morning and was surprised at how hard it was to find a game.

Edited by kjolnir

Well, it might also have something to do with the resent thing I encountered in my last fight against a night hunter, after bludgening a night hunter 2 times in a row solo the guy turned invinsible and couldn't die, I tried to fight him 2 times in a row using the UV light but he killed me in around 2-3 hits. After that I just waited in the safe zone for the game to end and now I am going on a spree posting this everywhere.

I will still play with public on and wont let this bug, of if this guy was actually hacking/modding, let that stop me from hunting you guys in nightmode, bludgeing you with a hammer!

See you ingame!

Note that I do have a picture of it and the fuckers name as proof, I just cant add it here!

I feel the night hunter is weak, be the zombie mode needs sone tweaks, every time I have been invaded me and my partner have been able to completely dominate the night hunter with minimal deaths, then they quit before we actually "win". The night hunter needs a stamina buff for sure, and uv light range% battery life needs to be nerfed.

Ive played a few matches and got to level 4 Hunter and main issue I have is the length of UV light use. Ive never played as the humans yet but it just seems like there is no battery life. Dont get me wrong, normally when i get caught, its cause i over extended myself but the having one guy spamming his uv gets pretty rough.

With that said, the hunter, with more skills even at level 4 seems pretty formidable. Spitting suicides to cause confusion and swooping in for a pounce is usually pretty good with enhances speed and extended tendril grab. 3/4 wins with 2 human disconnects, so far atleast.

I would have rather been able to invade games instead of pushing players to the side game. Just kind of feels like a bother to them at times.

So I haven't played that much, but trying to get a game as the zombie has proved to be a mostly fruitless effort.  In general, 90% of the quick join attempts fail.  I also have to refresh the lobby screen a dozen or so times just to even find an eligible game to join.

I think the problems surrounding this mode can be summarized as follows:

1)  Invasion mode is off by default.  I think this is heavily contributing to the overall dysfunction.  Being off by default means the "supply to demand" ratio of eligible games to night hunter players is way out of kilter since most players wouldn't think to go turn it on.  There are probably more hunter players than games to join.  This also creates a sitution where players who have activated Invasions turn them off since they're tired of getting worn out all the time.

2)  On the rare occasion that I was able to join a game, only one time did the players not all quit before the cutscene.  I think this is mostly due to the misconception that the night hunter is a nigh-on-unstoppable beast akin to the Tank from L4D.  People are scared of it, and leave.  Blame this on the marketing folks, because I can surely understand why players would think that based upon the way the night hunter was marketed.

3)  The incentive for playing with the hunter is not significant enough to convince players to consider the additional difficulty as worthwhile.

4)  The punishment for quitting a hunter game isn't severe enough for players to consider it before quitting.  Also, it doesn't kick in until after the cutscene.  100% of the games where players have quit have been before the cutscene, thereby avoiding the penalty, completely defeating the purpose of the penalty.

I'd recommend making the following changes:

1)  Turn invasion mode on by default, and make it clear to players what this means, and how to disable it.

2)  Make players aware of truly how squishy and weak a level 1 hunter is.

3)  Make players aware that they are not going to get roflstomped by a high-level hunter if they are a low-level human since the games aren't paired that way.

4)  Increase the incentive for playing with a hunter to something a majority of players would consider worthwhile.

5)  Make the quit penalty more severe, and it should kick in as soon as the hunter joins, not after the cutscene.  After all, you can't be in Invasion mode without informed consent, so why shouldn't you face a stiff penalty for quitting?

Just my two cents.  I haven't played any of the campaing, just messed around with Be The Zombie this morning and was surprised at how hard it was to find a game.

maybe it isnt the players quitting.. maybe its a problem with techland server... but I agree with all you have said

Well, it might also have something to do with the resent thing I encountered in my last fight against a night hunter, after bludgening a night hunter 2 times in a row solo the guy turned invinsible and couldn't die, I tried to fight him 2 times in a row using the UV light but he killed me in around 2-3 hits. After that I just waited in the safe zone for the game to end and now I am going on a spree posting this everywhere.

I will still play with public on and wont let this bug, of if this guy was actually hacking/modding, let that stop me from hunting you guys in nightmode, bludgeing you with a hammer!

See you ingame!

Note that I do have a picture of it and the fuckers name as proof, I just cant add it here!

I think that may have been a hacker...

The night hunters are so weak 

Although I say that I lost a load of them but I still got rewards so idk what people are turning it off for, I turned it off a bit at the start so I could familiarise myself with the keybkard controls and to get more immersed with the campaign but Im gonna go do that soon 

I also have noticed that when invading only 1% of games dont fail and there are only like 2 people with it on...

My only gripe is I was invaded in a 4 player public co-op and when it ended another invasion started within less than 2 minutes.  I think there should be a timer between invasions.  I guess I could manually turn invasions on and off...  It was fun but sometimes you just want to do missions and not have invasions back to back. 

But when we got invaded and no one was working together.  Everyone was running off in different directions, it ended horribly with us getting picked off individually.

Co-op is very unproductive if you are playing in a public game where no one is using a mic, I was kind of disappointed, everyone was just running around doing their own thing.  No one seemed to grasp the concept of the touchpad and quick travel either so there was a lot of waiting around..  

No one on my friends list has bought the game yet so this is pretty much the only reason I am on the forum, to find PS4 players with mics to befriend.  

Edited by Evil_Barabbas