NetoJON

Be The Zombie?

Question

I cant be the zombie because there is always an error when I try to invade other people....

I want to know... is everyone getting this same problem?.. Should I try to re download the entire game to solve this? Or is this a server problem?

What I wanna know is.. what the hell is this? and what can I do to solve it?

11 answers to this question

The only matches I have been able to join are myself as the hunter and one other person. One match out of about 25 attempts. Every time it shows all players attempting to connect then connection fails and the party closes. The back to the training area and searching again for another game.

The only matches I have been able to join are myself as the hunter and one other person. One match out of about 25 attempts. Every time it shows all players attempting to connect then connection fails and the party closes. The back to the training area and searching again for another game.

oh god.. ty... that is whats happening to me.. so its not just me =D

Yep I cant join and there is no solo mode ... Trying on XBOX One complete fail at launch... this ne piss poor standard of test and releasing buggy chupacabra is getting disgusting Im ready to stop buying period after Unity, dragonage and now this fail. 

T-T some people can play it... I dont knwo whats happening

I'd assume 

1) The settings for the game are set to "Single Player" by default, so maybe they're showing people online even though their settings don't allow multi-player yet. (This possible for any except those with 2+ Players?) 

2) Maybe the servers are just being swamped with new gamers all at once. And as time goes on it should smooth over? 

3) That players are afraid. As many have stated, they invade a game only to be met with everyone leaving the session. The new zombie was portrayed as an unstoppable killing machine, and you don't realize how ''Squishy" he is at lower levels until you're being him. 

I'd give it some time I guess. Not much else you can do. Though if you're playing on PC it seems alot of people are running into Zombie invasions where the opposing players have infinite health and/or stamina. Maybe some hacked or modded games. But for consoles it seems the main issue is starting an invasion. 

I'd assume

1) The settings for the game are set to "Single Player" by default, so maybe they're showing people online even though their settings don't allow multi-player yet. (This possible for any except those with 2+ Players?)

2) Maybe the servers are just being swamped with new gamers all at once. And as time goes on it should smooth over?

3) That players are afraid. As many have stated, they invade a game only to be met with everyone leaving the session. The new zombie was portrayed as an unstoppable killing machine, and you don't realize how ''Squishy" he is at lower levels until you're being him.

I'd give it some time I guess. Not much else you can do. Though if you're playing on PC it seems alot of people are running into Zombie invasions where the opposing players have infinite health and/or stamina. Maybe some hacked or modded games. But for consoles it seems the main issue is starting an invasion.

Yes... but I dont know if it is just the fear.. because its like.. every time his happens... every time... I tried out like... 300 times... I just got to play it the first time... that was like 3 hours before the us release... (because im in brazil)... after that... not one time... so if everyone is afraid and leaving the invasion.. something should be done.. like.. some penalty for leaving the invasion when it was on in the first place... temporary bans or whatever... but its so anoying to have such a good mode... and not be able to play it... I realy hope this is some issue with their servers... because that can be fixed

Oh im playing on xbox 1

Edited by NetoJON

Yes... but I dont know if it is just the fear.. because its like.. every time his happens... every time... I tried out like... 300 times... I just got to play it the first time... that was like 3 hours before the us release... (because im in brazil)... after that... not one time... so if everyone is afraid and leaving the invasion.. something should be done.. like.. some penalty for leaving the invasion when it was on in the first place... temporary bans or whatever... but its so anoying to have such a good mode... and not be able to play it... I realy hope this is some issue with their servers... because that can be fixed

Oh im playing on xbox 1

Well. I finally got a match, saw the cutscene. And everyone promptly left.So it seems the servers are fine? I dun know. The biggest issue I think may be a combination of 2 things. One, that alot of what we see is people in the "Single Player" setting still showing up in the match making. And two, that they just leave the session as soon as they're invaded. 

Well. I finally got a match, saw the cutscene. And everyone promptly left.So it seems the servers are fine? I dun know. The biggest issue I think may be a combination of 2 things. One, that alot of what we see is people in the "Single Player" setting still showing up in the match making. And two, that they just leave the session as soon as they're invaded. 

The problem is... no dev is explaining this to us... Because they made this forum but they are ignoring this problem... if the server is fine them they have to change matchmaking because this way is unplayable... I got to play 4 times now... out of the 300 times I tried... if thts not an issue I dont know what it is...

well I gess Ill just have to wait to play evolve... that was a perfect 4 vs 1 pvp... I love the be the zombie too.. but.. sadly.. you know

Edited by NetoJON

I have about a 2% success rate at playing. I've been able to join 2 matches.

Here is what i suspect is going on : When you invade a game, it is randomly going out and grabbing a game, regardless of if the other people in that game want to play Be the Zombie or not. So, most of the time people are cancelling out as soon as the notice pops up, because they are busy playing the regular game. The devs need to fix it so that the only games being invaded are others who are set a toggle to say they want to play Be the Zombie mode, or set up matchmaking so that sometimes you are the zombie and other times you are the human(s).