Darghoul

Is There Any Valid Reason Why Dying Light Is Not Available Digitally In Europe

The easy answer is, If you're outside the US, you're not important?

In Australia, it seems like nobody on either Xbox or PlayStation can play.

I would be interested to see whether anybody in Australia (aside from Steam users) is able to play, as the problems seem to be happening to everybody.

The australia problems are australian in nature I think. 

I've certainly heard a lot about many rejected games there.

It's nothing to do with ratings or censorship. Those kinds of issues arise when a game is submitted to the ratings board (which would have been over 12 month ago), not right before or after launch.

It would have happened because of a miscommunication between the publisher (Warner Brothers) and the vendors (Sony and Microsoft). The end result is that the launch date is wrong and we, the consumer, end up waiting longer than we should.

Also, on their Facebook page, they have now announced that the new launch date is the 29th. Presumably this is because neither Sony or Microsoft will have this fixed before then, so it's just easier to make that the new date.

EDIT: Just a few hours after announcing that the game would be launching on the 29th instead of the 28th here in Australia, they edited their post and changed to the 30th. So it's now almost 12 hours after it should have already launched and we now have to wait two days longer than they originally said. I have had the game installed for over a week now. Hell, it installed an update to itself last night. Just let me play it already.

I have no reason to believe that they won't push it back again and again and again. They do have a track record of pushing back release dates at the last minute. Maybe it's time for a refund. If I'm going to have to wait, I might as well score a free season pass out of the deal.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

Story mode for me the game is having no problems but the Be the Zombie mode its pretty much unplayable atm, chupacabra happens delays happen just try to accept it and move on Perfect launches for online games these days are nearly impossible

Edited by Zeirnaton

Story mode for me the game is having no problems but the Be the Zombie mode its pretty much unplayable atm, chupacabra happens delays happen just try to accept it and move on Perfect launches for online games these days are nearly impossible

It has some online components, but it's not an online game. Titanfall is an online game, World of Warcraft is an online game, this is not.

It's not like we're trying to play co-op and the severs aren't working properly. We have already downloaded the game and we were all waiting till midnight to play it (on its official launch day) and it simply did not work. Then, 8 hours after it should have already launched, they change the launch date to the 29th. Then only two hours or so later, they edit that post and change the date to the 30th.

They missed their launch date and have pushed the game back twice (so far) in just the last few hours. I would like to know why the game that I already have installed needs to be delayed. It's not like it's a supply issue, being digital and all. They literally need to go into the store and change the date. That's it. That date on the unlock button (that they keep changing) is literally the only thing stopping us from playing the game.

I don't know about you, but I believe we have every right to be pissed about all of that. It's not even about the wait anymore, it's about constantly being screwed around when they already have our money.

We paid for a product and they didn't deliver. They changed the deal, not us.

I'm so fucked off and angry about this. got to be the worst experience I've had of a game's release.

I've had worse (Halo the Master Chief Collection), but this is a close second.

At least Halo could be played at launch. It was just the multiplayer that was, and still is, completely broken.

I never picked the MCC up so I was lucky enough to miss that trainwreck lol.

This with Dying Light though, it's like having a carrot dangled in front of your nose, then as you go to bite it someone runs up and kicks you in the balls.

I see your "kicks you in the balls" and I'll raise you a "whilst picking your pocket"

At least you know what date you'll be playing it. Most of us have been messed around since Monday.

I don't mind waiting when you know for sure when you'll have the game, it's the constant date changes and getting messed about I hate.

dont forget the lack of real communication and noone accepting responsibility 

I don't know who's fault it is tbh, all I know is I've payed for techlands game and I am yet to receive it. First the 27th then 28th, I'm not all that confident they will release by the 30th anymore.

microsoft didnt update the marketplace time like they should of thats why its them first , wb is second as they are in charge of distribution , and techland as their name is on the game

Still, it should be techland pushing either wb or ms to get it released. Most of us have the game already on our hdd.

This shouldn't be a problem for a huge company like ms, techland and wb should be leaning on ms to get it sorted asap. The customer shouldn't be left to chase these big companies just to be sent round in circles.