kingjay87

Pre-Load Xbox One Australia Date?

Hi There, it seems where ever I go on the internet that there hasn't been a exact date on the release of Dying Light on Xbox One (digital) Australia.

I live in (WA) Australia and I have pre-loaded Dying Light and the date on the Xbox live sais 29/01/15. On the websites iv seen 27th,28th,29th,30th etc...

Can anyone help us out and give us a exact date on when I will be able to play this game in Western Australia? (Xbox One)

thank you

seems like Xbox store date is correct and it will be the 29/01/15...

Actually, the xbox store date is wrong, it is supposed to launch on January 28th at 12:01am AEST. That's in about 15 minutes.

The problem is, that incorrect date may cause issues when it comes time to try and unlock it.

I spent over an hour talking to xbox support trying to let them know that the date was wrong and the person just kept saying "the store page says the 30th"

I tried again later and got a different person, one who hadn't been dropped on their head too many times as a baby, and after they investigated further with the links I gave them to the developers facebook, twitter and these forums, they realised that I was right. They then said that it was going to be escalated and would be fine.

The date still hasn't changed on the store page, so it doesn't look good. It's kinda looking like the first big AAA game for 2015 on the xbox one is going to have it's launch ruined, here at least, by somebody at xbox australia not changing a date on the system.

I guess we'll find out in a few minutes.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

Thanks Shadow_walkerOZ, well we will have to wait and see then.

Well, it looks like they screwed it up. It still says "You are trying to play too early, go to xbox store to see the launch date" or some chupacabra along those lines.

I don't even know whether trying xbox support is even worth bothering with at this point. They've had 12+ hours since I last talked to them to change the date on the system and ensure that it works, and they couldn't even handle that.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

I am from Sydney, Australia and I too am having issues with the game! Firstly, the add ons download however it says "Waiting to install" and I have been waiting for almost half n hour and as for the game, when I try to click download I am getting that error CE-37700-7 message -.-

HI there, from melbourne here.

I've been in contact with xbox support a few times over the past 2 days now,

yesterday i was told it was an issue with the publisher and they get to decide when to release the game (the 30th), Now that makes sense, given it's out in other regions for Xbox one already, But Pc/Ps4 is released in AUS as we speak. But rather then question him further i left it.

My chat with support tonight was quite thorough, apparently it's an issue on Microsoft xbox lives end and they are working to fix it immediately.

If so why is my preorder showing "Play it on the 29th"

Anyway in 5 minutes from now if it's not unlocked i'm going to drown my sorrows. And face reality that i should have bought it for PC instead, ramped up the graphics and would have made some considerable ground in the game by now. The reason i did not, was due to my friends on xbox one and they don't really use steam nor would they have adequate pc's to play this game at a stable frame rate.

Hope it comes out soon guys, i've asked for reimbursment from microsoft if it's their fault, as it's really not fair, we didn't even get the option of a physical copy w/o waiting until feb 27.

Anyway hope we get on tonight :)

Edited by lynxonicus

HI there, from melbourne here.

I've been in contact with xbox support a few times over the past 2 days now,

yesterday i was told it was an issue with the publisher and they get to decide when to release the game (the 30th), Now that makes sense, given it's out in other regions for Xbox one already, But Pc/Ps4 is released in AUS as we speak. But rather then question him further i left it.

My chat with support tonight was quite thorough, apparently it's an issue on Microsoft xbox lives end and they are working to fix it immediately.

If so why is my preorder showing "Play it on the 29th"

Anyway in 5 minutes from now if it's not unlocked i'm going to drown my sorrows. And face reality that i should have bought it for PC instead, ramped up the graphics and would have made some considerable ground in the game by now. The reason i did not, was due to my friends on xbox one and they don't really use steam nor would they have adequate pc's to play this game at a stable frame rate.

Hope it comes out soon guys, i've asked for reimbursmant from microsoft if it's their fault, as it's really not fair, we didn't even get the option of a physical copy w/o waiting until feb 27.

Anyway hope we get on tonight :)

i vote that if its not out within an hour and 4 mins(daylight savings time may affect release time) then we all contact the australian consumer commission and report microsoft and techland (as techland is the ones saying things not wb) they can receive massive fines for false advertisement which is a very chargeable offence in australia

its bullcrap they have shown they dont give a chupacabra about anyone thats outside of america and i will be taking a pic at 1:01 am (daylight savings may afffect release time) if it isnt out then the pic will be sent to the guys who will charge microsoft for false advertisement