kingjay87

Pre-Load Xbox One Australia Date?

I don't see how hard it is, Microsoft should just bloody release the game already digitally.... Day light savings might make a difference though doubting it..

absolutely so many users would have cancelled physical copies of this game, to go digital after finding out it was pushed back, yet digital was "unaffected", wish they had have stated, unaffected for PS4/PC.

I can understand issues happen, but this game is for the better part a single player experience, surely they could release the online xbox live features on the 30th and give us access to the single player for the meanwhile at the very least, if microsoft support was correct tonight they were adamant it comes out on the 30th, but they could at least update our pre orders so we don't have complete false hope.

Don't mean to whinge, but we pay $100 and upwards for games, Americans pay roughly $60. Now don't get me wrong the americans dollar is stronger then ours, Accurately in comparrison, something like $10 max difference would be applied, not $40. And this hurts that we are very high paying consumers, not even receiving what we pay for or being informed of what's going on. It's almost like a gamble ha

2afebft.jpg

Edited by lynxonicus

Well half hour will determine the whole day light savings situation. I have a feeling that it wont be released until tomorrow. It's really annoying! So many Australians pissed off right now.. I think compensation is in order

well its 9.56pm right now...

I just tried and nothing. I did notice that the description now says 12:01am AEDT where before it said 12:01 AEST. So daylight savings time will most definitely affect it.

The description also says the 30th, but the unlock button still says 29/01/2015 so maybe it will work in an hour or so. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

Well just got confirmation from Xbox Support just then that it will be the 30th that we all will be able to play it.

I have advised them how misleading it is etc....

so for me it will be 29th 9pm tomorrow.

Sorry guys, have to wait a little longer...

2a6mubt.jpg

Okay so now it appears the Aus store is showing dying light as a new release but still not playable for me, keeps saying play it on the 29th.

Underneath in coming soon, dying light pre order is listed. Does that mean to say that if we had not preordered and just purchased it today it would be accessible?, i'm highly curious if anyone has purchased a copy since it's hit the new release section on the store, rather then pre order.

Getting onto microsoft chat support again.

so the guy i have is very unhelpful... he seems to believe that the Release date that is mentioned on the website is the release date for the preload... even tho we have been able to do that for over a week. 

I have been on microsoft chat 3 times and each time they have pushed the blame somewhere else.

1st rep said it was the publishers choice to release it on the 30th.

2nd rep said it was an xbox live issue as to why it's been delayed digitally.

3rd rep today tried blaming the publisher again. When i said you're all giving me different answers and that i was told it was an xbox live issue, the representative asked me where i got that information, in turn i said xbox chat support. He then went off subject, refused to look at my image saying the game was released on the australian store, but when i said it's saying it's out, the rep tried linking me to a page with a dead link over and over with the apparent release date stating the 30th.

After that i asked why is it in the new release section, if it isn't actually available, the rep said that's because the american store has updated it. If that made any sense at all, on the 28th in Australia it would have moved over to the new release section when it was made available to America.

I think their support is shocking, unreliable, unhelpful and definately uninformed as to giving a reasonable response to consumers.

It will be a miracle if we even get this game at this point in time as microsoft's employee's sure have no clue what they're doing. Not to mention the xbox live service has been absolutely terrible today, couldn't even sign in earlier, when i finally get to sign in it's trolled me by saying dying light is available.

Not only have they provided completely false information as to when this game would be available, they have postponed us for not really any valid reason, given PS4/PC is out in Australia, and well we already know the xbox one version is out in america both physically and digitally.

They have not kept us updated, we should have recieved an email saying it was delayed, and when exactly it would be available, if it's not out tonight 00:01 AEDT i want a full reimbursment as they broke the deadline, not the publisher (To dare blame Techland for this is a joke in itself, given they have it out on the same console in other markets and on other consoles in Aus). I never want to pre order a game on the Xbox one marketplace again as they do not keep us informed or care enough to respond quickly, or even give half accurate answers. Absolutely fuming and disgusting to watch how they're approaching this.

And if we have been provided with an "American release date" on our Australian store, they're doing a wonderful job of caring about us given our store is seperate to theirs, if they can provide us with the American release dates and not australian, then they should have to charge us the same as Americans. Sorry for the rant, but my god i've never seen such useless, uneducated customer support. They take their jobs with a grain of salt and it really does state that they have no moral care for the products they sell, literally pulling answers out of their arses.

Thankyou Microsoft you money grubbing chupacabra, taken a lot from us over the years, your failed OS' Vista/Win8 and Windows 10 which is just a chopped up windows 8. Let's not forget those office copies, $100 each time. Our red ringed 360's, I mean the failure of this company never ceases to amaze me let alone their support when something genuinely goes wrong, they don't care. 7 years of gold time and this is what they have to offer, Well SMD microsoft!

Just finished talking with Microsoft support then and they gave the reason that for a standard release date of the game all region and to be fair, PST time is being used.

According to that information the game should be release about an hour from me writing this.

Lets see what happens.

i still think everyone needs to take a pic of the release date and post it to accc so that microsoft faces charges of false advertisement

Problem is that it's so close to the game releasing by the time the ACCC look at it the game will be out and they will move on to bigger fish. While it has been frustrating having to wait at least I've learnt never pre order a techland game again.

Problem is that it's so close to the game releasing by the time the ACCC look at it the game will be out and they will move on to bigger fish. While it has been frustrating having to wait at least I've learnt never pre order a techland game again.

This by no means is all Techlands fault.

Think about it..

Techland makes/develops the game,Warner Bros manufactures,distributes and markets it.

In the markets that had issues with game launch(not being able to download/unlock),rests on MS and Sony.

I still feel for those that aren't able to play the game since launch though.

Let's hope these issues get fixed ASAP.

Edited by Zombie-Hunter

actually they can and will still fine microsoft for false advertisement which in australia is a big thing

This by no means is all Techlands fault.

Think about it..

Techland makes/develops the game,Warner Bros manufactures,distributes and markets it.

In the markets that had issues with game launch(not being able to download/unlock),rests on MS and Sony.

I still feel for those that aren't able to play the game since launch though.

Let's hope these issues get fixed ASAP.

True probably should have amended that to not pre ordering anything on my Xbox again. But considering we are having this conversation on said developers forum, you would like to think they would have the common decency to at least give us a reply.