Reiv

Same Character For Co-Op Mode?

I dont get. Why people tend to like and defend this coop apporoach by devs. 

Hey, in the new Batman series we want to focus on story about Batman, so when you friends will join the game there would be up to 4 Batmans in coop! Same cutscenes, story progression, focusing on story of one character you know.

Every single game out there doesn't need to have female characters and so many choices. There are more important things to other people right now. That's like saying all our new cars need a cigarette lighter. What ends up in games depends on the high list of what people are looking for and it changes over time.

I'm just glad to have a fun co-op game to play with friends. There's already a shortage of that. Adding more and more things that are "needed" is just opinion. Mine's not any better than yours. Devs only have so much time/money to spend on a game. They can't do everything, every game. Maybe if they put this in there, then they wouldn't have time to finish parkour or who knows what else. It's a trade off.

Every single game out there doesn't need to have female characters and so many choices. There are more important things to other people right now. That's like saying all our new cars need a cigarette lighter. What ends up in games depends on the high list of what people are looking for and it changes over time.

I'm just glad to have a fun co-op game to play with friends. There's already a shortage of that. Adding more and more things that are "needed" is just opinion. Mine's not any better than yours. Devs only have so much time/money to spend on a game. They can't do everything, every game. Maybe if they put this in there, then they wouldn't have time to finish parkour or who knows what else. It's a trade off.

So you think that implementing parkour in the video game is the same that make a new skin for a character? They had time to make preoder bonuses like outfits and wepons, but no time and money for skin?

Did I say that I want everything in any game? I said why this approach is bad and the excuse of it is weird.

I agree with the co-op part, I really can't find any co-op games that play through the story but on separate campaigns from the main.

I think coop should have included something along the lines of what watchdogs did. Everyone could be crane but perceived differently to another person. Or character creation but that wouldn't make much since because the game is about this particular character. I mean it isn't a big deal as much as it seems lazy. But I will not complain further. 

Anyone know about the rendering? turns out this game is only 18.68 GB which seems pretty small for a $60.00 game. Makes me worry that while in coop you can only go so far from another player. Or there is not nearly as much content as they described. I mean I am still excited for the game but I am definitely worried about the file size. I thought it was odd that you could not see the file size until pre-download was ready on digital copy. Which seems kinda like it was hidden on purpose? 

Assassins Creed Unity did a thing like that and you know what? It weirded me out. Everytime I played with my friends I had a new generic looking face that I couldn't grow to like. Sure everyone might be Kyle Crane but it will be MY Kyle Crane with an outfit that suits my play style.

No one cared in Halo when everyone looked the same in every game for years, one of the most successful multiplayer games to date. It's all about the GAMEPLAY folks. Stop nit picking.

Oh my god. Do you understand that you cant really compare Halo and Dying Light multiplayer? In Halo there is no plot in multuplayer. 

But here we've got a game with a story. And there is a 3 clones of main character. They dont even explain what is going on. Just look at my Batman example. It's the same.

Oh my god. Do you understand that you cant really compare Halo and Dying Light multiplayer? In Halo there is no plot in multuplayer. 

But here we've got a game with a story. And there is a 3 clones of main character. They dont even explain what is going on. Just look at my Batman example. It's the same.

You do have a point. But I'd rather sacrifice my sanity a little bit then lose story. I don't want this to be like a dead island storyline. And in other games where the main character can just be replaced with another it always seems to take away from the story since the devs are never able to integrate in multiple chars as opposed to one.

Take your Batman example. In coop batman, who else should be jumping around with batman? And how could you even plot that out? It's much more difficult and would end up more like some justice league game and not a batman game. forcing the plot to stick around everyone being together. It could easily feel forced.

We're talking about Halo co-op. From Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 you can play the campaign with friends.

In order you have;

Halo: 2 player co-op.

Halo 2: 2 player co-op.

Halo 3: 4 player co-op.

Halo 4: 4 player co-op.

In the lore of the Halo 1-4 games you are the LAST Spartan. The story follows singularly Master Chief and yet you can play as 2 to 4 IDENTICAL (no skins like Dying Light) Soartan warriors all following the single narrative. And as stated above NO ONE ever complained about it because they were too busy having fun. In Dying Light you at least have DIFFERENT looking Cranes. It doesn't break the narrative or mean the Devs are lazy. With how different they look you won't even think about it once you get in there and start playing.

Also, female models means female voices which means a lot more money than just making a skin. I would rather what we have than generic skins popping in.

Even in Dead Island you sometimes had four Sam B's that looked IDENTICAL running around. Complaints then? None.

Borderlands there were times you had four Sirens running around or at least two. AND THEY LOOKED IDENTICAL. Complaints? None.

My point is, even games that take the time to make these changes it often times doesn't matter. I'm glad the devs spent their money in other areas. As I stated with the image of the male models. At least the costumes for Crane make him look radically different.

That is a senseless topic. Who the hell care about the same character? Customize it by wearing what you like and play the damn game.

If everyone of you are a gamer you all should know the GOLD rule of the gaming: "It's all about the game"

That is a senseless topic. Who the hell care about the same character? Customize it by wearing what you like and play the damn game.

If everyone of you are a gamer you all should know the GOLD rule of the gaming: "It's all about the game"

The golden rule about gaming is "It's not Call of Duty? Then it is probably good."

Look to a degree you're right, It does not really matter that there can be 4 clones running around. It really is fine. But then you need to sit back and ask yourself for the fact that making everyone who is joining the game to have a random face and skin color is not really hard at all to do. This is playstation 4, oddities like this should not exist anymore.

But will this deter my liking or enjoyment of the game? no. Not at all. It is more of a disappointment factor towards the dev. Especially when you take a year delay on release to "polish". See where this comes from?

Look to a degree you're right, It does not really matter that there can be 4 clones running around. It really is fine. But then you need to sit back and ask yourself for the fact that making everyone who is joining the game to have a random face and skin color is not really hard at all to do. This is playstation 4, oddities like this should not exist anymore.

But will this deter my liking or enjoyment of the game? no. Not at all. It is more of a disappointment factor towards the dev. Especially when you take a year delay on release to "polish". See where this comes from?

New question, what would you rather have; Four of the same character with different outfits that drastically change the look of the character? One character and three random characters? Because unfortunately it would be a lot of time and effort to have both. On one hand you lose the ability to customize your character, but have a more cohesive narrative. On the other hand you get to customize the way YOU want your character to look and everyone's character still looks different even though they are the same character, but it SLIGHTLY takes away from the cohesive narrative.

I much prefer the customization over different character. To do both they'd have to alter the models, rig the models to all of Crane's animations and do it for each outfit as well. On top of that if they did a female they would have to spend more money doing voices for her, etc.

This is a new IP coming from a wary Publisher and fairly small Developement team. I'd much rather then spend their time and money on Gameplay, mechanics, and quests/story than random co-op models.

The skins make him different enough (refer to my male model post for clarification).

And many games (including games being made for 360 and Xbox One, refer to my Halo 1-4 post) have done this same thing and never got complaints.

I am going to love the game as will my friends, I just hate to think of other people not picking it up for such a silly reason.