Sign in to follow this  
Smokey_Badger

Devs Please Read

I see you are giving out the first two parts of the season pass for free to everyone in lew of the delay situation. What I want to know is what about people who payed $20 for the season pass? You are essentially selling me 1 dlc (the bozak horde) for $20, which to me, feels like a rip off. Unless season pass holders are compensated for the two dlcs you are now giving away for free then you are ripping people off and will likely see most season passes canceled, including mine. Any answer you have would be much appreciated, thank you for any response.

Which is me, and im in north america. Im getting ripped off lol I paid $20 for 3 dlc, now everyone is getting 2 of those 3 for free, so I basically paid 20 for 1 dlc

You must not be able to read... Not everyone gets the DLC for free, only ones that buy the physical edition, that has been delayed a month. But, if you feel ripped off, get a refund.

Edited by Rekalty

Thanks for clarifying smokey. Speaking business, it only devalues it in the markets where physical copies were delayed. I'm in the USA. No one is getting free dlcs here.

Are you speaking about individual markets?

in any game that goes online with other countries, the individual markets are irrelevant for things like this, I will be able to play with people from the EU just as easy as other americans, meaning I will still be playing in the same game as people who got the dlc I oaid for, for free. Which to me, devalues the dlc. Now, if EU and all of these other places were separate, then it would be different. But we all game together, therefore I am being slighted by the dlc being given to them for free, after all, why would I want to pay for something that some of my psn friends got for free?

in any game that goes online with other countries, the individual markets are irrelevant for things like this, I will be able to play with people from the EU just as easy as other americans, meaning I will still be playing in the same game as people who got the dlc I oaid for, for free. Which to me, devalues the dlc. Now, if EU and all of these other places were separate, then it would be different. But we all game together, therefore I am being slighted by the dlc being given to them for free, after all, why would I want to pay for something that some of my psn friends got for free?

Because unlike them you don't have to wait another month to play the game. The offset in value is nothing more than an apology. Your friends on PSN that got a digital copy will not receive the DLC free.

Edited by KainDracul

I understand your point, your paying for a pack of DLC's that everyone else is basically getting for free. A lot of people have been talking about his today. lol

How is it that people are not understanding EVERYONE IS NOT GETTING IT FOR FREE. Only the people effected by the delayed release date are getting it for free.

Because unlike them you don't have to wait another month to play the game. The offset in value is nothing more than an apology

why should I be punished for THEIR mistake, if u want to apologize thats fine, knock $ off the game or give more dockets, but to give something away for free that others pay for is a ripoff

How is it that people are not understanding EVERYONE IS NOT GETTING IT FOR FREE. Only the people effected by the delayed release date are getting it for free.

you just aren't getting it, if ANYONE gets it free, it devalues it for others, I can hop into a game with those who got what I paid for, for free. How do u not get it?

Because you played a month before them?

Market is still relevant. Eu and USA. Most USA will play with USA.

EU and USA can easily end up in the same lobby, it happens all the time dude

They are paying for

you just aren't getting it, if ANYONE gets it free, it devalues it for others, I can hop into a game with those who got what I paid for, for free. How do u not get it?

They are paying for it via an extended wait time. Think of it this way, a new theme park opens in Florida and offers transportation to the park from anywhere in the country. By some fault not their own the buses break down in transit. Instead of closing the park until they can fix the buses, they are allowing local people to come still. Now as a means to apologize for the inconvenience of an extended wait they offer the people taking the buses a discount for their trip.

OK..so you say I pay they get it free as an apology.....but you get it a month earlier ..bla bla bla...I didn't mess up the production..and what about the be the zombie "EXCLUSIVE"....everyone gets that to...so why did a LOT of people pre order for that "EXCLUSIVE"....go ahead and explain why bad business is OK..

OK..so you say I pay they get it free as an apology.....but you get it a month earlier ..bla bla bla...I didn't mess up the production..and what about the be the zombie "EXCLUSIVE"....everyone gets that to...so why did a LOT of people pre order for that "EXCLUSIVE"....go ahead and explain why bad business is OK..

Agreed. They lured you in to preorder with a feature not for everyone right away, then give it to everyone. However, the other side of the coin is locking large features behind preorder walls pissed people off too.

You have the opportunity to reevaluate that preorder decision based on what you're getting right now. And I'm sure techland has noted the opinions of people on this board. Good to speak up.

Edited by seanconnery

I like many others didn't just preorder for the exclusive mode, but also for the extras from the particular store of choice and to just have the game as soon as it released. I have never met a person in the thirty years of my life that preordered not because they wanted the game as soon as possible, but instead only because a few bonuses. If I felt as slighted as the noising minority on here do I would speak with my wallet and not buy the game. This is a much more effective way to show your disapproval of what you must obviously see as poor business practice than crying on their forums.

I like many others didn't just preorder for the exclusive mode, but also for the extras from the particular store of choice and to just have the game as soon as it released. I have never met a person in the thirty years of my life that preordered not because they wanted the game as soon as possible, but instead only because a few bonuses. If I felt as slighted as the noising minority on here do I would speak with my wallet and not buy the game. This is a much more effective way to show your disapproval of what you must obviously see as poor business practice than crying on their forums.

why you care so mutch about it.. if you are happy great... but every new topic about this just prooves your majority happy theory wrong... go play the new app.. its the only thign they got right today

Edited by NetoJON

first of all I'm almost 40 and am not crying on the forums.. I buy games that I want and if they offer a nice pre order I may opt to give them money early (ordered this game over a year ago) my point was if they offer an "EXCLUSIVE" which may sway if I buy now or buy later.  then they give it to all 3 days before release then yeah...people have a right to feel miffed.. I don't normally pre order games since most turn out to be chupacabra.. I was interested in this game and the "EXCLUSIVE" pre order gave me the extra nudge to jump onboard early...But it is still bad business and if we let any company (not just techland/WB) continue to do shoddy business where will it stop. the pre order did not make me buy the game but did help me decide to buy it early.... Still hope it is Awsome tho...:P

first of all I'm almost 40 and am not crying on the forums.. I buy games that I want and if they offer a nice pre order I may opt to give them money early (ordered this game over a year ago) my point was if they offer an "EXCLUSIVE" which may sway if I buy now or buy later. then they give it to all 3 days before release then yeah...people have a right to feel miffed.. I don't normally pre order games since most turn out to be chupacabra.. I was interested in this game and the "EXCLUSIVE" pre order gave me the extra nudge to jump onboard early...But it is still bad business and if we let any company (not just techland/WB) continue to do shoddy business where will it stop. the pre order did not make me buy the game but did help me decide to buy it early.... Still hope it is Awsome tho...:P

You're not wrong. It's like asking someone if they want a punch to the face or a kick to the ribs. But there was no winner here.

If they didn't open be the zombie up they were wrong, too. Hiding main game content behind preorder walls. Tons of people were pissed. Even boycott games that do it.

I believe we ended up with the lesser of two evils.

Smokey.. Analogy. Bobby gives a brownie to everyone in class who paid a dollar. Bobby steps on Toms foot. Bobby apologizes and gives him a cookie. Now you want a cookie, too. Bobby didn't step on your foot, nor promise you a cookie.

thats actually a really good analogy lol, I now get it, kind of. I still feel jipped, but I doubt it will be the last time I feel slighted in my life lmao thank you for the analogy

But, I still feel that giving away 2 parts of a 3 part paid dlc is just F***ed up, I mean c'mon, Analogy:Bobby comes into class and tells everyone, 20 for 3 cookies, then since he ran out of cookies tells everyone he will have more tomorrow and instead of 20 for 3, anyone who didn't already get cookies gets 2 for free and only has to buy the 3rd one for $2