Sign in to follow this  
Smokey_Badger

Devs Please Read

thats actually a really good analogy lol, I now get it, kind of. I still feel jipped, but I doubt it will be the last time I feel slighted in my life lmao thank you for the analogy

But, I still feel that giving away 2 parts of a 3 part paid dlc is just F***ed up, I mean c'mon, Analogy:Bobby comes into class and tells everyone, 20 for 3 cookies, then since he ran out of cookies tells everyone he will have more tomorrow and instead of 20 for 3, anyone who didn't already get cookies gets 2 for free and only has to buy the 3rd one for $2

You feel jipped? How does the person who doesn't get any cookies as promised feel? Like.. Maybe they need.. Oh.. Compensation?

You're sitting there eating cookies as they watch. ;P

Edited by seanconnery

I like many others didn't just preorder for the exclusive mode, but also for the extras from the particular store of choice and to just have the game as soon as it released. I have never met a person in the thirty years of my life that preordered not because they wanted the game as soon as possible, but instead only because a few bonuses. If I felt as slighted as the noising minority on here do I would speak with my wallet and not buy the game. This is a much more effective way to show your disapproval of what you must obviously see as poor business practice than crying on their forums.

Some of us who put our trust in Techland/WB Games and placed a non refundable pre-order don't have the choice to go physical or not anymore, neither did we have all the cards back then to make an informed decision, since they only give us the full story a few days before release (Is it yet full?). Now we're just stuck with content we paid for and that is being given away free of charge.

But at least it's a teaching experience, WB Games joined my alarmingly fast growing list of publishers I will not do business with. And to be frank, I'm not even excited to play the game anymore, and the only thing I have left is voice my disappointment here.

And if I may say, it's because people "voiced their concerns" that things moved along on the "Be the zombie" front (personally, I still think it's a good thing for Techland that everybody gets it right off the bat, but do keep in mind it was meant to be a timed exclusive), so it'd be nice of you to let people voice their concerns and not be that judgmental every time someone post something you don't agree with.

Now I hope people who feel the same way as me will get excited about the game we paid quite a bit for...

Edit: I would like to add that I am one of the suckers who went for the Ultimate or whatever edition for the season pass.
Edited by GRE

why you care so mutch about it.. if you are happy great... but every new topic about this just prooves your majority happy theory wrong... go play the new app.. its the only thign they got right today

I just want to point out, most vocal does not necessarily equal majority. (not saying you aren't the majority, but # of posts/topics on a forum are very skewed toward most vocal. ) 

On to the main topic

I personally don't mind that "be the zombie" became open to all. I would be a bit miffed if I had bought a season pass (especially if I bought it and pre-ordered physical in a delayed location) with 2/3 DLC being free for some right off the bat. I can see that being equaled to lost money. 

Over all, I am very pleased with how Techland is responding to their customers over issues that are not their own. Doing what they can to compensate their player base.

I can't fault either side as both have very valid points, but I think Techland is doing the best they can with the time they have left to make people happy. 

first of all I'm almost 40 and am not crying on the forums.. I buy games that I want and if they offer a nice pre order I may opt to give them money early (ordered this game over a year ago) my point was if they offer an "EXCLUSIVE" which may sway if I buy now or buy later.  then they give it to all 3 days before release then yeah...people have a right to feel miffed.. I don't normally pre order games since most turn out to be chupacabra.. I was interested in this game and the "EXCLUSIVE" pre order gave me the extra nudge to jump onboard early...But it is still bad business and if we let any company (not just techland/WB) continue to do shoddy business where will it stop. the pre order did not make me buy the game but did help me decide to buy it early.... Still hope it is Awsome tho... :P

So cancel your preorder keep your dockets and when you finally feel the game is at a value worth paying do so. You get free dockets for your inconvenience and you show the company you're angry at your disapproval by waiting until the game is being sold at a discounted rate.

P.S. the companion app is great. Ive been playing with it throughout the day.

So cancel your preorder keep your dockets and when you finally feel the game is at a value worth paying do so. You get free dockets for your inconvenience and you show the company you're angry at your disapproval by waiting until the game is being sold at a discounted rate.

P.S. the companion app is great. Ive been playing with it throughout the day.

companion app is badass for sureeee

How is it that people are not understanding EVERYONE IS NOT GETTING IT FOR FREE. Only the people effected by the delayed release date are getting it for free.

I get... I was the first one to get it even before someone posted it on the forums, I was just telling him I understand how he feels about the DLC when I used the word everyone I was really referring to other countries physical copies.

I understand all of your opinions/statements, and I have a solution. Wait for it...we accept what happens and move on. I understand other people getting free stuff and not you sucks, but they do have to wait. ( though I believe just making the be the zombie mode free alone would have been enough). But at the same time it does again lol, suck to see others wit free stuff that you paid for. But it is only 3 outfits, 3 weapons and two hard core missions (a Lil sad about this one too). It could be worse though. They could have given everything away for free to just those people or in general..wait? Refund of 20 dollars and everything free?! Whyyyyy couldn't you have done that!!!!!! Lol jk, but seriously try not to worry too much guys if its too big a deal refund and just by the regular game/ or not lol. It is your decision on what's valuable to you.

Sorry for spelling mistakes lol.

Thanks for clarifying smokey. Speaking business, it only devalues it in the markets where physical copies were delayed. I'm in the USA. No one is getting free dlcs here.

Are you speaking about individual markets?

I live in Australia, which is one of those "markets" where there's delays on physical copies. I paid $126.45 to preorder the ultimate edition, and now anybody that buys the $99 regular edition will get virtually everything I got, but at a cheaper price. The only things I am left with that they won't have are the troublemaker outfit and the horde mode. Personally, I dont see one outfit and a horde mode as being worth $26.50 when I can buy another game entirely for that price (The Resident Evil remaster is $26.95).

The only reason I haven't cancelled my preorder is because I am hoping that they have the good sense to find a good way to make it up to those of us that paid for the content that they are now just giving away. And for the record, more outfits and dockets are not a good way to do that.

How are you still using a flip phone when smart phones have been out in the market for about 8yrs? <_<

well beacause i don't text etc so i don't need all the extra stuff that comes with it :o . All i need is a phone that i can use just in case i nedd something or help B).

Edited by Uncle Pappy

I live in Australia, which is one of those "markets" where there's delays on physical copies. I paid $126.45 to preorder the ultimate edition, and now anybody that buys the $99 regular edition will get virtually everything I got, but at a cheaper price. The only things I am left with that they won't have are the troublemaker outfit and the horde mode. Personally, I dont see one outfit and a horde mode as being worth $26.50 when I can buy another game entirely for that price (The Resident Evil remaster is $26.95).

The only reason I haven't cancelled my preorder is because I am hoping that they have the good sense to find a good way to make it up to those of us that paid for the content that they are now just giving away. And for the record, more outfits and dockets are not a good way to do that.

So...you could cancel and wait a month for $99. Or you could wait a year and get it much cheaper. My point is, playing first costs more overall. Games devalue over time. So what's your point here?

They're giving content away because they're late. If you have digital and play it on time, there's your own reward. 

The real question is, do you care enough to play now, or later? Pay according to that.

So...you could cancel and wait a month for $99. Or you could wait a year and get it much cheaper. My point is, playing first costs more overall. Games devalue over time. So what's your point here?

They're giving content away because they're late. If you have digital and play it on time, there's your own reward. 

The real question is, do you care enough to play now, or later? Pay according to that.

You know what I'm getting as my reward for preordering a digital copy the most expensive version of the game? I'm getting screwed, that's what.

First they have an issue with physical copies of the game.

Okay, no problem, I'l pay $126.45 for a digital copy the Ultimate Edition and can still play it on launch day.

Second, they've given away almost all of the content that I paid extra for leaving me with one costume and a horde mode for my extra cash.

Third, the Xbox Live Marketplace still lists the game as launching on the 30th, which will cause issues if we try and play it on the actual launch date in 12 hours from now.

The Xbox One launch of this game, in Australia at least, is completely screwed up in almost every conceivable way. The only way it could get worse is if, when we do finally get to play the game, it causes all of our xbox's to explode.

Could be worse. Some guy from techland could fly over and beat you up in the middle of the night and tweet pics ;)

Or loading the game inadvertently begins the terminator skynet....

That I can live with, as long as I get to play the game I purchased.

Edited by shadow_walkerOZ

I know I mentioned Driveclub in a couple of my posts yesterday, but for anyone who has played it and experienced the online problems at launch, they will have guessed where I am going with this. Tthe devs (Evolution Studios) chose a similar path with regard to compensation for the problems the players experienced. They offered the first two DLC packs for free - however, those who had the season pass already, would get two extra packs at the end of the cycle (July in this case.)

Now my point, this didn't happen immediately, so maybe Techland will be offering those season pass holders in the territories affected by the delayed physical copy release something similar.

Time will tell.