Sign in to follow this  
seanconnery

Be The Zombie Free To Everyone, Physical Preorder Gets 2 Dlcs

Just wanted to post this for everyone to see more clearly, not inside of a thread:

http://playerschoicegames.com/2015/01/23/dying-light-zombie-mode-goes-free-but-big-delay-for-uk-release/

From Dying Light's FACEBOOK:

Dear fans,

We know that over the last few days there has been talk about the delay of the physical release. We want to say a few words and explain what it is that we want to do to rectify the situation. First up, the facts about the release:

Dying Light will have a worldwide digital release on PC of January 27, 2015.

In North and South America, the digital release and physical copies for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be available at the same day.

In Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia, Dying Light will have a digital release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One of January 28, 2015. Physical copies of the game will be released in these territories on February 27, 2015. As a way to say sorry for the delay to those that pre-ordered our physical game, all of the physical pre-ordered versions will include two DLC packs - Cuisine & Cargo and Ultimate Survivor Bundle, free of charge.

We have one more announcement to make in a few hours, so stay tuned...

So to clarify further, only the physical copies delayed will get 2 DLCs free. All other preorders who signed up with dockets will get "more" as I understand from these links..

And of course there is this other announcement coming..whatever that is.

I'm a little disappointed that right away the "Be the Zombie" mode will be free right away, I mean I wish there was a bit of a wait for players who didn't preorder.

yeah.. it is kinda not very fair to us...

yeah.. it is kinda not very fair to us...

I get that. But on the bright side, we get to play it up to a month earlier than others, and get more dockets so far.

(And for the folks getting physical will get 2 DLCs for the wait)

Add to that the huge amount of complaints on Be the Zombie being behind the preorder wall, and I think it was a good thing, overall.

Sure, initially I felt the same, since I didn't get what I was promised. But I didn't preorder for the perks. Simply because I'm excited about the game and it does look good.

I get that. But on the bright side, we get to play it up to a month earlier than others, and get more dockets so far.

Add to that the huge amount of complaints on Be the Zombie being behind the preorder wall, and I think it was a good thing, overall.

Sure, initially I felt the same, since I didn't get what I was promised. But I didn't preorder for the perks. Simply because I'm excited about the game and it does look good.

yeah.. me too.. but still.. =/ 

No I totally agree that it should be a preorder and that only preordered members got it, I just feel it should be a wait if you didn't that's all. I definitely don't think it should be exclusive just early access for pre orders.

I dont have facebook so I cant read that post from devs.

So if you pre-ordered from Steam you will get only Pink Queen crowbar as bonus from now on? If that is true this is a very bad move. It's 4 days before release and that is a huge difference between what was promised and what we will get on launch. Am I right that only physical copies will get DLC's?

Im very happy that everyone will get Be the Zombie for free  instead of paying for it after few weeks or one month. But I feel like I was decieved.

Edited by Oleola

I dont have facebook so I cant read that post from devs.

So if you pre-ordered from Steam you will get only Pink Queen crowbar as bonus from now on? If that is true this is very bad move. It's 4 days before release and that is a huge difference between what was promised. Am I right that only physical copies will get DLC's?

Im very happy that everyone will get Be the Zombie for free from instead of paying for it after few weeks or one month. But I feel like I was decieved.

I totally agree, it's not that I even want it to be an exclusive just an early access pass to use it for a for months. Now the Punk Queen is sweet looking it's a little disappointing.

It is going against their word, and why some people preordered. So, I do see that. So Warner Bros/Techland took that loss in exchange to save face in these two aspects:

A. Huge confusion and delays of physical copies. Something had to be done.

B. Backlash over Be The Zombie preorder exclusive (plus they did really want everyone to have it I'd imagine)

At this point there really was no perfect winning. Just keeping the collateral damage to a minimum to sell.

Edited by seanconnery

NOT COMPLAINING! I just want to know that after the changes, what is the advantage to preordering now?

Lesson learned Techland and Warner Bros? How long does it take to manufacture a release amount of physical discs? 1 Week, 2 Weeks? When you think the game SHOULD be finished, add 3 MONTHS for beta testing to find and fix bugs and glitches. That's because even if you don't need the FULL 3 months you will have extra time for disc manufacturing, and IF you finish early you could do the thing that A VERY FEW games have done...... Changed their release date to a earlier one AND come out without server problems, bugs, and game breaking glitches. I know Dying Light moved it's release date up from February.

Look at maybe some good from waiting for Feb 27.... You will have customers, (probably close to if not over a million) players that will give you real feedback if the game is good, complete, needs patches, and it WILL be completely fixed by the time Feb 27 comes around.

Edited by FireNative

NOT COMPLAINING! I just want to know that after the changes, what is the advantage to preordering now?

You get your preorder exclusive promised by your retailer - like on Steam I'm getting the Punk Queen crowbar.

On top of that, if you registered with dockets.dyinglightgame, you will receive an additional 4 dockets. (and non preorders will have no dockets from what I understand as well)

Edited by seanconnery

Everyone will get 4 extra dockets. Existing accounts will be updated but I need a little time to prepare for that...so be patient. :P

WOOT! :blink:

We get 4 extra dockets?? :o

Wowsers,that means I'll have 9! ;)  Shweet <_<

PS.Everyone gets something for the delay.

Just goes to show Techland/WB actually do give a damn about their player base.

Edited by Zombie-Hunter

advantage to preordering is still weapon dockets, skins and exclusive weapons.....I think this is a win for everyone!

I pre order it from xbox box store... the digital deluxe version... so before I was getting the be the zombie mode for pre ordering it.. now I got.. well... nothing... it IS disturbing for me