Sign in to follow this  
seanconnery

Be The Zombie Free To Everyone, Physical Preorder Gets 2 Dlcs

This has annoyed me as i have cancelled my Amazon order and re ordered the cheaper version without the Be The Zombie Mode.

Amazon has just put up the season pass today with no price, but it would seem that Techland are giving us the contents of that season pass (Thank You very much and this is very much appreciated).

I actually booked next week off work (much to my sadness now) to enjoy playing the game which i won't be doing now as i will have to wait another month unless i shell out for a digital version from Ps Plus which i refuse to do.

Wow this forum is full of a s s holes, its Astonishing how little people care about their hard earned money. I wouldn't be suprised if those calling people whiney had their mom/dads credit card to foot the bill. Im seriously considering leaving this forum due to the recent flood of ill informed, ignorant, a s s holes.

Oh don't forget arrogance because I've seen that by the truckload as well

Be the Zombie was a pre-order bonus for every platform and retailer you chose to go with so it's not that big of a deal that it's being given away without pre-ordering the game. It's not like you paid extra money for the mode when you pre-ordered. It's also not impossible to cancel your pre-order, but why would you do that? If everyone who pre-ordered the game was no longer getting the mode, then there would be a problem, but that's not the case. Everyone is getting it now. Cheers to Techland.

Be the Zombie was a pre-order bonus for every platform and retailer you chose to go with so it's not that big of a deal that it's being given away without pre-ordering the game. It's not like you paid extra money for the mode when you pre-ordered. It's also not impossible to cancel your pre-order, but why would you do that? If everyone who pre-ordered the game was no longer getting the mode, then there would be a problem, but that's not the case. Everyone is getting it now. Cheers to Techland.

Actually some people had to in other countries.

based on your comments, I assume you purchased the game/season pass with mommy and daddys credit card? Ya pretentious douche

I understand you're upset but don't be rude.

Actually some people had to in other countries.

So people who pre-ordered physical copies in other countries had to pay extra for the BtZ mode? I mean, that's weird, but if it's true, then I feel for them. Looking on the bright side, at least they will be getting 2/3 of the DLC's for free.

Sooo, I got the physical copy in the US. Since it wasnt delayed here, will I still get the 2 DLC's for free?

I don't believe so. Only the people who are getting their physical copies delayed till Feb 27th will get the 2 DLC's for free. If you pre-ordered in N.A. then you would be getting 4 extra weapon dockets and whatever bonus came with your retailers pre-order.
Edited by PastaTsunami

So people who pre-ordered physical copies in other countries had to pay extra for the BtZ mode? I mean, that's weird, but if it's true, then I feel for them. Looking on the bright side, at least they will be getting 2/3 of the DLC's for free.

I don't believe so. Only the people who are getting their physical copies delayed till Feb 27th will get the 2 DLC's for free. If you pre-ordered in N.A. then you would be getting 4 extra weapon dockets and whatever bonus came with your retailers pre-order.

:(

They said that EVERYONE will get the 4 extra dockets. Beside that, i don't see much a problem with the "Be Zombie" game mode. The game got some problems, delay, delay and more delays... but at least they patched it up to save the world.. Yes i understand all the angry behind that, i had to delete my physical preoder too like many, because to me would have meant to wait 40+ more days... time that i can't afford to wait for a lot of reasons..

Now, i'm happy for those that will keep the physical preorder and will get rewarded for all the delays. I'm also sad that i can't take the physical copy because i LOVE to collect the games i like a lot.

That said, i don't care, really, i just would hope some things:

First: I hope they will give some bonus code (that does NOT run out of time, i mean a lifetime promo code) that can cut down a bit the DLCs prices to everyone who was on the delayed country (me too).

Second: I hope everyone will get the extra dockets, because there has been a problem, a serious one. EVERYONE, who's going to play in a couple of days and who is still waiting.

Third: I hope we can pre-download the game. Yes as said on my other topic... I WANT IT NAO!

I agree with you Kain, it's sad really.

Seems a lot of people are misinterpreting the situation. The dlc we that got the season pass bought is not rendered less expensive by the fact it is being used to compensate players that now must wait another month.

In really simple terms, think of it as techland discounting the people that must wait another month for their preorder physical copy $10. Techland is simply giving that discount compensation in barter currency rather than cash.

I thought this community was pretty good in here, but damn has it turned hostile.

I also apologize to Techland on behalf of gamers, we are not all petty and selfish.

Thank you techland for making a game I know will be great, and thank you for making a profit cutting gesture to those people missing launch date, even though the issue wasn't your fault.

Yeah,we really see the true nature of some when money is involved.

Techland seems considerate in compensating those for the delay.

I reckon other devs would just post a "sorry the game has been delayed" message on their forums.

lol I know right.... they got what they wanted.. yay.. now the idiots that spent the money to get it will just stay as the idiots that pre ordered... now  The be the zombie was not the only rreason but it sure helped my decision... at least from me, no more money for techland anymore... resident evil is still the greatest zombie game anyway... I wont miss this company

lol..

How can you even compare any zombie game to Dying Light when you haven't even played it yet?

And say that this or that zombie game is the greatest? WTF?

Does not make sense at all.

Edited by Zombie-Hunter

I'm not going to say it's right to change a preorder exclusive( they were marketing to get more preorders) and open it to everyone at the last minute....

BUT....now that you know it's for everyone, you have the option to change your buying decision to preorder! If you so choose, based on what you're getting for the preorder as stands, you may cancel or keep the preorder.

I'm keeping my preorder. I support the game and still thinking I'm getting enough preorder content with my dockets and weapon. If it were about money I'd wait a year to buy it. And I don't need to feel elite having a mode not many others have. Others feel differently. And that's perfectly fine.

Just keep in mind Techland/Warner Bros. just had a huge issue with timing. They're just trying to keep the most people happy/yes keep the money rolling in. It just so happens the happy people have shifted. For every one of you unhappy there is probably 100+ people that will be happy about this. Doesn't make it right. But you can't please everyone all the time.

Yeah man,I feel the same and keeping my pre-order.

For me,it ain't a deal breaker and let's be honest,shite happens in life(and in Techland/Wb case,the delay) but it's how we deal with it and move on.

I mean,if anyone's not happy with the current circumstances,they can always cancel the pre-order,no biggie.

Like i've said in a previous post,Techland are being considerate in compensating those that have to wait a bloody month to play the game,but it seems some can't see the good of this. 

based on your comments, I assume you purchased the game/season pass with mommy and daddys credit card? Ya pretentious douche

lol..no need to resort to name calling.

Edited by Zombie-Hunter

he is the most anoying kid in this forum... he just wont quit messing with things he was not called

Yeah,we really see the true nature of some when money is involved.

Techland seems considerate in compensating those for the delay.

I reckon other devs would just post a "sorry the game has been delayed" message on their forums.

lol..

How can you even compare any zombie game to Dying Light when you haven't even played it yet?

And say that this or that zombie game is the greatest? WTF?

Does not make sense at all.

omg if you dont know how classic and historically important resident evil is in the gamming world.. then just dont talk to me .. pls... and yes I Know this game wont come near to resident evil... it is a good game... but it will never become an immortal classic as resident evil is....

this game is in the fun level... resident, silent hill,,, and others are on f***ing awesome and perfect lvl

Edited by NetoJON

All of the physical pre-ordered versions will include two DLC packs - Cuisine & Cargo and Ultimate Survivor Bundle, free of charge.

We have one more announcement to make in a few hours, so stay tuned...

Anyone know what exactly those two DLC packs actually give?

And did we ever get the second Announcement?

Since I have Dyslexia and reading through all of the replies would take me forever, I'd like some clarification.  It is said that everyone will be getting the "Be the Zombie" mode.  I get that.  What I don't understand is who will be getting the 2 DLCs and the 4 extra dockets.  Is it only those who will experience the delay or to everyone who pre-ordered a physical copy?  I ask because I live in North America and will not experience a delay in the physical copy.  If I'm going to get the 2 DLCs, then I won't need to buy the season pass, but if I don't get the 2 DLCs, then the season pass would be an effective buy again.

So does North America recieve all these extras or only the locations experiencing the delay in the physical copies?

Since I have Dyslexia and reading through all of the replies would take me forever, I'd like some clarification.  It is said that everyone will be getting the "Be the Zombie" mode.  I get that.  What I don't understand is who will be getting the 2 DLCs and the 4 extra dockets.  Is it only those who will experience the delay or to everyone who pre-ordered a physical copy?  I ask because I live in North America and will not experience a delay in the physical copy.  If I'm going to get the 2 DLCs, then I won't need to buy the season pass, but if I don't get the 2 DLCs, then the season pass would be an effective buy again.

So does North America recieve all these extras or only the locations experiencing the delay in the physical copies?

The extra DLCs are for Europeans who preordered the physical version. The Be the zombie mode is for everyone.

The difference between this and a bait and switch is that you as a preorder customer are still getting said promised content.

The promised content was an exclusive game mode. Not just a game mode. That's simply a difference.

One is making people pre-order. The other does nothing.

If you so choose, based on what you're getting for the preorder as stands, you may cancel or keep the preorder.

You can't cancel a pre-order you received as gift or traded for on Steam. That's how I got the game. So I can't do anything here. Techland devalues my purchase but keeps the full amount of money.

Oh, but hey! I get 4 dockets. Something that doesn't cost them anything and has an unlimited supply. Seems fair after backstabbing me.

It's not like you paid extra money for the mode when you pre-ordered.

Maybe my pre-order wasn't more expensive but I still paid more money.

I pre-ordered  because of that "exclusive". If it weren't exclusive I wouldn't have pre-ordered it and instead waited for a price drop. Surely this game will cost 20€ or less within a few months. On PC at least. Console versions are always stupidly expensive.

Edited by emanresu

Hello, first let me say i don't intend to offend anyone with my question, i read the whole thread, and i am a bit puzzled: Why do people complain so much? I could understand it if you had no way of getting your money back, but as with all pre-orders you can cancel it (for example it take 10 second on steam to get your refund)(unless you bought from a grey market unsupported website/or through trading&getting a cheap key from another region which means you can only blame yourself as this out of steam/techland/WB hands)so what is the problem?

I had this game for years on my steam wishlist, i didn't pre order right away because that's not something i usually do and as avid gamer i have plenty of other games to enjoy. That said thanks to an ok discount on a legit retailer i decided to pre order it recently. I didn't pre order for the bonuses but i can understand some did, but my question remains why make such a fuss about it when you can simply get your money back and purchase the game a latter date at a much cheaper price? Thank you in advance for your answers :) and enjoy the game!

EDIT quote from the post above:

You can't cancel a pre-order you received as gift or traded for on Steam. That's how I got the game. So I can't do anything here. Techland devalues my purchase but keeps the full amount of money.

Oh, but hey! I get 4 dockets. Something that doesn't cost them anything and has an unlimited supply. Seems fair after backstabbing me.

I am sorry but how is anyone else responsible that you got your pre order through an unsupported mean? You choose to trade, if i go buy a second hand product i can't complain to the company who made it, take it to the guy who traded it to you.

Edited by Fen_

Hello, first let me say i don't intend to offend anyone with my question, i read the whole thread, and i am a bit puzzled: Why do the people complain so much? I could understand it if you had no way of getting your money back, but as with all pre-orders you can cancel it (for example it take 10 second on steam to get your refund)(unless you bought from a grey market unsupported website/or through trading&getting a cheap key from another region which means you can only blame yourself as this out of steam/techland/WB hands)so what is the problem?

I had this game for years on my steam wishlist, i didn't pre order right away because that's not something i usually do and as avid gamer i have plenty of other games to enjoy. That said thanks to an ok discount on a legit retailer i decided to pre order it recently. I didn't pre order for the bonuses but i can understand some did, but my question remains why make such a fuss about it when you can simply get your money back and purchase the game a latter date at a much cheaper price? Thank you in advance for your answers :) and enjoy the game!

I am sorry but how is anyone else responsible that you got your pre order through an unsupported mean? You choose to trade, if i go buy a second hand product i can't complain to the company who made it, take it to the guy who traded it to you.

As I said.. I want to play it day one on xbox... soh I wont cancel my pre order... I just want some justice about what they promissed and what they are actualy giving me

Hello, first let me say i don't intend to offend anyone with my question, i read the whole thread, and i am a bit puzzled: Why do the people complain so much? I could understand it if you had no way of getting your money back, but as with all pre-orders you can cancel it (for example it take 10 second on steam to get your refund)(unless you bought from a grey market unsupported website/or through trading&getting a cheap key from another region which means you can only blame yourself as this out of steam/techland/WB hands)so what is the problem?

Some people are just a little disappointed that they aren't getting what they prepaid for. Some people spent more money and they still want the game but they are a little saddened by the fact they didn't get what they preordered it for. Exclusive content.

Some people are just a little disappointed that they aren't getting what they prepaid for. Some people spent more money and they still want the game but they are a little saddened by the fact they didn't get what they preordered it for. Exclusive content.

Oh i completly get that, like i said in my post :), but some are really overreacting in which case instead of throwing insults on a forum they would be better off getting their money back and buy the game cheap on a future sale, best way to express disappointment. For example your posts were very civil all the time, and i definitly empathize with you! :)

Oh i completly get that, like i said in my post :), but some are really overreacting in which case instead of throwing insults on a forum they would be better off getting their money back and buy the game cheap on a future sale, best way to express disappointment. For example your posts were very civil all the time, and i definitly empathize with you! :)

Oh now I get what you were saying lol, yeah it's stupid, some people are on here just to mess with other community members, slightly annoying.