xionstorm

Companion App Is Here

Crashes after ALMOST ever mission. Please work on a patch for stability.

Leagoo Lead 1

Android 4.4.2

They're supposed to be working for a fix for Android. No clue when it's done, and no clue why they seem to have not bothered testing it for Android at all, seeing it's crashing for a ton of people.

Here's the iOS link just in case as well:

Dying Light Companion by Techland

https://appsto.re/us/_ILZ4.i

-

First I would like to say that you use your WB login (same one you used to get your dockets) to login.

It uses your Docket login... yes, but your Docket login is not your WB loggin...

I made a new account on the Docket website... and used that account to log in to the app...

However, after reading your post I tried to log into the Docket site with my WB account that I used with all Batman games... it does not work.

So, basically... what ever email you use in the creation of your Docket... is the email for the mobile app.

It uses your Docket login... yes, but your Docket login is not your WB loggin...

I made a new account on the Docket website... and used that account to log in to the app...

However, after reading your post I tried to log into the Docket site with my WB account that I used with all Batman games... it does not work.

So, basically... what ever email you use in the creation of your Docket... is the email for the mobile app.

That is very strange. I used my WB account to log in to the Docket Site. I never created a new account. I also used my WB account to log in to the app and it worked fine. Any chance we can get some clarification on this Bart? Also, thank you for everything you've done!!

I will update my first page post when we get more info!

That is very strange. I used my WB account to log in to the Docket Site. I never created a new account. I also used my WB account to log in to the app and it worked fine. Any chance we can get some clarification on this Bart? Also, thank you for everything you've done!!

I will update my first page post when we get more info!

Most likely it's an option to use this account because Warner Bros. (I am sure that's what you're talking about lol) is the publisher of this game so they will want more traffic too.

I have a Nexus 4 with Lollipop, and it will not work.  Crashes when I enter my email or my password.  If I type REALLY slowly (2-3 seconds between each keypress), I can usually get through both and click OK.  But then it crashes anyway... So... not having much luck, there.

My fiance, however, has a Moto G with KitKat, and I can run it on there with no issue.  So, I like the app, but hate having to monopolize her phone to get my stuff!  Hopefully an update that addresses all of the issues with Android will be coming soon!

Cool app, though!  look forward to further updates and how it integrates with the main game!

Cheers!

I have a Nexus 4 with Lollipop, and it will not work.  Crashes when I enter my email or my password.  If I type REALLY slowly (2-3 seconds between each keypress), I can usually get through both and click OK.  But then it crashes anyway... So... not having much luck, there.

My fiance, however, has a Moto G with KitKat, and I can run it on there with no issue.  So, I like the app, but hate having to monopolize her phone to get my stuff!  Hopefully an update that addresses all of the issues with Android will be coming soon!

Cool app, though!  look forward to further updates and how it integrates with the main game!

Cheers!

Yeah, it seems odd that so many people are having issues with it, they must have skipped a lot of testing.

Unfortunately Android is a VERY fragmented platform. It's hard and expensive to test it on a ton of Android devices. Especially for a free companion app. It's more Android's fault than anything. You have a million different phones and a good handful of different versions. Then you also have jail token custom android builds and what not.

It's why even using a lower specced processor iPhones run more efficiently than Android devices with double the specs. Companies are getting better about it now, but it still leaves a lot of room for error.

I'm not saying iPhones are better than Android. Android has the ability for a ton of features that iOS doesn't. But even with a good amount of testing it's hard to know how a release is going to go. Where on an iDevice if it works on the 4s it will work on every other iPhone ahead of it.

Does anyone know if this app would work under Bluestacks?

I sadly know very little about smartphones (unlike my computer :D) and a friend gifted me his Galaxy Ace 2. But while i can access MMS on it i have never been able to use the android market through a wifi connection, apparently the phone needs to be updated but whenever i do that it crashes, looked around a bit and it seems linked to a root/unroot issue and i couldn't be bothered to spend time to learn about it (my fault :P). So i use Bluestack on the computer to emulate androïd but i can't find the app, if anyone found it and could tell me how it would be wonderful :D

Does anyone know if this app would work under Bluestacks?

I sadly know very little about smartphones (unlike my computer :D) and a friend gifted me his Galaxy Ace 2. But while i can access MMS on it i have never been able to use the android market through a wifi connection, apparently the phone needs to be updated but whenever i do that it crashes, looked around a bit and it seems linked to a root/unroot issue and i couldn't be bothered to spend time to learn about it (my fault :P). So i use Bluestack on the computer to emulate androïd but i can't find the app, if anyone found it and could tell me how it would be wonderful :D

Most likely it will work through Blue Stacks but I dunno :P

Works perfectly on both my android devices (well, a little odd at the end of missions, on my phone).  I love when devs actually have a good correlation between the companion app and the actual game.  Having supplies to send to Crane is a wonderful example of that.  Now I just have to NOT spend too much time getting resources for myself.  LOL

For people with the crashing problem (which i have too), i found a temporary solution:

Use "Andy the Android Emulator":

http://www.andyroid.net/

The app works just fine there without any crashes :)

Thanks man,it works!

Not sure how all the loot you've found(on pc) will transfer over to the app on your phone(once it's working) though?.

For anyone with probs login in with their phones,do try this(if you can't wait for a fix).

Thanks man,it works!

Not sure how all the loot you've found(on pc) will transfer over to the app on your phone(once it's working) though?.

For anyone with probs login in with their phones,do try this(if you can't wait for a fix).

Progress seems to be saved online, though the account, I got the app running though Andy and it had saved what little progress I managed to make on my tablet, before the crash-crash-crashes started happening. Andy runs pretty sluggishly, but seeing as there's nothing you need to react quickly to, it works out all right, until Techland fixes whatever is making it crash so much on Android.

Has anyone that can use the companion app on their phone tried it with that android emulator if so I would like to know if your progress/items or whatever are they same signed in using the emulator as you have on the phone app. I would like to mess around with this app but my phone is to old school apparently lol its galaxy something version 2.2.2 or something like that but would be kinda a waste if it is infact separated somehow.

Has anyone that can use the companion app on their phone tried it with that android emulator if so I would like to know if your progress/items or whatever are they same signed in using the emulator as you have on the phone app. I would like to mess around with this app but my phone is to old school apparently lol its galaxy something version 2.2.2 or something like that but would be kinda a waste if it is infact separated somehow.

What little progress I managed to make on my tablet was saved and carried over to the emulator, so it seems it's stored on your online profile, you use to login with.

I would Quote but for some reason it never lets me... Anyways that's cool I might look into that then cause its a pretty cool concept and could be handy on release day to send yourself some supply drops of stuff at the beginning (I believe I read that you can do that).