xionstorm

Companion App Is Here

I don't understand some things..

1) Are we going to get ALL the items they are looting INSIDE our game? Since it require our accounts i guess it's saved somewhere and the game will ask for the account info.

2) If the first answer is "YES we are going to keep all the loot and you are getting it ingame", i would ask: HOW we get it? I saw there is a "send packet" feature.. do we have to use it to send the loot INGAME or it's automatically sent?

3) IF the loot is automatically sent to our ingame storage.. WHAT is the "send packet" feature?

I don't understand some things..

1) Are we going to get ALL the items they are looting INSIDE our game? Since it require our accounts i guess it's saved somewhere and the game will ask for the account info.

2) If the first answer is "YES we are going to keep all the loot and you are getting it ingame", i would ask: HOW we get it? I saw there is a "send packet" feature.. do we have to use it to send the loot INGAME or it's automatically sent?

3) IF the loot is automatically sent to our ingame storage.. WHAT is the "send packet" feature?

From the description of the app in the app store.

Components, supplies, and gear that your scouts find in the Companion App can be transferred to your character in the Dying Light game when it's released

I take that to mean that we will send it to our character.

Well that didn't help a lot, i already understand that we will get the loot, i'm asking more direct and precise questions.

1) are ALL the items looted on the app going to be ours INGAME?

2) If 1 is "Yes All Items", are the items automatically sent? If 1 is "No, Only Some", WHICH items are sent and still, are they sent automatically?

4) If 2 is "Not Automatically", WHAT is the "send packet" feature, Is it that is used to send the items INGAME?

5) If 2 is "Yes Automatically", WHAT is the "send packet" feature?

Well that didn't help a lot, i already understand that we will get the loot, i'm asking more direct and precise questions.

1) are ALL the items looted on the app going to be ours INGAME?

2) If 1 is "Yes All Items", are the items automatically sent? If 1 is "No, Only Some", WHICH items are sent and still, are they sent automatically?

4) If 2 is "Not Automatically", WHAT is the "send packet" feature, Is it that is used to send the items INGAME?

5) If 2 is "Yes Automatically", WHAT is the "send packet" feature?

Why would they put in the option to send a "Package" into the app if the items were "Automatically" sent to your in game character. Also why would you want all the items sent to you in game. There are components that I am sure are useful for in game use. But there is also items you need in the app to do missions. "Automatically" sending items would impede your progress in the app. 

Also we won't know if there are items in the app that  are not used in the game and vice versa. But when it says "Components, supplies, and gear" I assume that means all items in the app are used in the game. The ones that are not then you used them in the app only. 

Why would they put in the option to send a "Package" into the app if the items were "Automatically" sent to your in game character. Also why would you want all the items sent to you in game.

Well, didn't you got in consideration that there may be a special feature behind it? I mean, a sort of "big payment" if you sacrifice a part of the loot to send it to the "community" inside the city?

That is why i'm asking...

A altruistic component that doesn't directly benefit the player is a novel idea. Not bashing it, kinda like a virtual community chest.  Just I assume, and we all know what happens when people do that. That since the game has random care packages that drop that you use to get random supplies. The package in the app is for your character only. Maybe using the wording "Send to Character" would have been better since the word "Package" can be interpreted to mean "Gift"

Brings up i haven't seen anything about trading, the game is RNG  and we all know how frustrating that can be. 

It is basically so you can create an Air Drop and send the Supplies and Items into your game, they come in via plane and then you go collect it. You choose what to put in the package, but space is limited. You can't send everything at once.

I don't think it will comes ingame as an airdrop, i think it's more of a transfer to your warehouse. That said because, how are you supposed to know WHICH one is your airdrop? I saw into a lot of videos that sometimes there are multiple drops...

I don't think it will comes ingame as an airdrop, i think it's more of a transfer to your warehouse. That said because, how are you supposed to know WHICH one is your airdrop? I saw into a lot of videos that sometimes there are multiple drops...

I assumed it was an Air Drop because the picture in the app looks just like the Air Drop box (This has been proven wrong, you go to the Quartermaster).

Edited by BeyondSpectrality

I assumed it was an Air Drop because the picture in the app looks just like the Air Drop box.

Yep, i got it, but still, IF happens to be multiple airdrops as i saw on a lot of videos, how do you know which one is yours? That would be a problem..

Here's the Android link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.techland.dyingLight.CA

Here's the iOS link just in case as well:

Dying Light Companion by Techland

https://appsto.re/us/_ILZ4.i

-

First I would like to say that you use your WB login (same one you used to get your dockets) to login.

It tracks your total cash, then it also looks like the "Map" tab gives you a general map of both "The Slums" and "Old Town" and boy do they look HHHUUUGGGEEE!!!!!! The map also shows you the progress of a current Scout mission in progress!!

On top of that it gives you a "Missions" screen So you can send Scouts on missions to get supplies. It also gives you some sort of inventory screen and says "Companion Items" and "All Supplies Found"

Lastly, it gives you a "Scouts" screen lets you check the Scout's stats after you send them on missions to collect stuff for you o_O;

-

More Info:

Just like the game your characters can level from Agility or Strength only difference is whichever you level raises the overall Survivor level in the app.

In the mission description you can see how much of each stat the mission will give your characters. For example Guerrilla Warfare gives you 20 strength points so if your character needs 0/30 points to level their strength after completing the mission they will be at 20/30. This means they will only need ten more strength points to level. The same idea goes for agility.

You can also spend cash (not real money) to instantly finish a mission. The amount of cash depends on how much time is left before the mission is complete. For example a mission with one minute left is $60 (in game cash).

When a character levels up they gain full health back. The only way to heal a character is by paying cash (not real money) or leveling up.

The higher your Squad Power versus the required Squad Power needed, the less chance for damage/casualties.

You also gain new Scouts randomly at the end of missions. The max amount of survivors is 20.

I hope this info helps some people manage their characters more efficiently!

Cool!!!

Posting this here for people who have already read the first page, but may have read the updates and are reading the updates.

Guys, I'd like to let you know, that we're working on an update for Android.

I'll let you know when it is ready.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to being able to run the app for more than 3 seconds before it crashes.

@DanteYoda - the in-game currency is displayed at the top-right corner, maybe it was covered by the options bar ;)

Yeah it was thanks i turned off the sound people were looking at me strangely, i didn't realise the button needed to be hit twice.

One thing on My Samsung S2 i cannot close the app down after logging out, i must close the running apps through task master :/ logging out is not an issue, the actual closing of the app wont close through the phones buttons.

Edited by DanteYoda

It will come as an air drop it may be looted if ur not quick enough

Nope, items are not deliverd as an air drop.

I'm gonna have to trust what Bart says, considering he's from Techland, and all.

Eh, dat wait, hope they manage to fix whatever broke it for Android, really want to play the app while waiting for the game to come out.

Edited by Rekalty