Sign in to follow this  
Morphin

Online Play

I know I am in the minority, but I have absolutely no desire to play online games with people I do not know. To me, video games are to relax and sadly, that is not what you get when you end up playing with an uninvited person in your game. Most online players are fine, but the jerks I have dealt with from Xbox online play has forever soured me. This is why I like the open world games like Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

So I just read that any player have a human controlled hunter enter their game. This is not something that remotely interests me. Can the game be played offline? 

I was planning to buy a PS4 this weekend so I can play this game; however, I will pass if this is a component of the game that cannot be controlled.

Thanks for the help.

I know I am in the minority, but I have absolutely no desire to play online games with people I do not know. To me, video games are to relax and sadly, that is not what you get when you end up playing with an uninvited person in your game. Most online players are fine, but the jerks I have dealt with from Xbox online play has forever soured me. This is why I like the open world games like Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

So I just read that any player have a human controlled hunter enter their game. This is not something that remotely interests me. Can the game be played offline? 

I was planning to buy a PS4 this weekend so I can play this game; however, I will pass if this is a component of the game that cannot be controlled.

Thanks for the help.

You can turn off Invaders from entering your game simply with the command. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the help.

I feel you man some people can me asshats. But by the power of grayskull you have the power to turn all of that off.

I don't mean to be a bummer but no matter what system you decide to play on xbox/playstation/PC those people will always seem to find you. Best thing to do is find friends be it in real-life or somewhere like this forum and put your game on invite only. I play on xbox and know exactly what you mean about some people but it is not limited to just xbox live. Personally when I finally get my hands on this I will be doing coop in a invite only game with invasion turned off until we all get a grasp on everything and are prepared to deal with being invaded.

Personally when I finally get my hands on this I will be doing coop in a invite only game with invasion turned off until we all get a grasp on everything and are prepared to deal with being invaded.

This is the way I plan on playing. Although I have prob 8-10 people on my friends list getting the game, the question becomes who will I play with ??

Get a hat and draw names haha, depending if they all live in your area or not it may not be that big of issue if people have different schedules. I never really asked but I have people on my friends list from all over the world who knows who will actually be getting the game. For games like this though id try and find the ones that have the same mindset as you to go after first.. then you don't have someone all the way on the other side of the map cause he wanted to do something specific while y'all are getting eatin.

Get a hat and draw names haha, depending if they all live in your area or not it may not be that big of issue if people have different schedules. I never really asked but I have people on my friends list from all over the world who knows who will actually be getting the game.

I live in Orlando, some live in Michigan, I have a couple in England, and one in the Netherlands who will be playing. With the time differences, there will always be someone on to play with. Which is great! We all have the same mindset, teamwork. I've been playing with these  guys on xbox live since .. black ops 1. Not too worried about them. Plus, I don't put everyone I meet on my friends list. It's fairly lucrative. Not meaning that in a narcissistic way, it's just in the 6 years (in march) that I've been on xbox live, I played with a ton of people. They come, they go. I add people to my friends list that I meet in game. Limited requirements: A. Have to have a mic. B. Don't be an idiot. I'm older than most on here (Late 30's) and just don't want to listen to all the stupid chupacabra you hear from most people. I won't waste my time on it. I just want to play a game and have fun. Lastly, If I don't hear from someone for  a couple of weeks, I just take them off. I keep my friends list pretty clean.  It is what it is .. 

Ha ha I hope you have a fun little venture with your family but who's going to be the fourth player?

I have multiple people I convinced to preorder this game simply by having them watch videos and stuff. For this reason and with all the great people on these forums I will never have a shortage of people to slay with.