So anyone know how to 3D model and texture a weapon? I know this might sound a bit off topic but I tend to play a bit of Garry's Mod TTT and was wondering if by any chance would make an amazing model of this weapon:

punkqueen.png

It would be super amazing spectacular and awesome all in one for a model. And if you want to take it a step further you can give it special effects such as Fire/Electical/Toxic/ Whatever else it comes out with. It would make an awesome T weapon, D weapon or Donator weapon. Just saying it would be sweet and would love for someone to upload this to the Steam Workshop :D

Not saying I will do that (for lack of time), cause I'm pretty sure I'll be "sick" starting Monday some time in the evening, but what kind of file does Garry's mod TTT? Is there a Mac OS compatible plugin for Maya (to export in whatever format that I guess isn't native to Maya)? What's the usual poly count for a usual weapon? Texture format and size?

If someone else can do it quickly, they'll need some info ;-)

Not saying I will do that (for lack of time), cause I'm pretty sure I'll be "sick" starting Monday some time in the evening, but what kind of file does Garry's mod TTT? Is there a Mac OS compatible plugin for Maya (to export in whatever format that I guess isn't native to Maya)? What's the usual poly count for a usual weapon? Texture format and size?

If someone else can do it quickly, they'll need some info ;-)

Lol I'm not asking just wondering if anyone is advanced enough to do it (Advanced or not lol) Honestly I am not sure but I know it's coded in Lua programing and Mac compatible with Maya. I am pretty sure it would run with Valve Texture Format https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Texture_Format but honestly I don't know (Sad isn't it) but hopefully one day. :)

Lol I think I totally misread your statement. Sorry I'm not so sure about anything to do with coding or 3D modeling, hopefully in the future :)

That isn't terribly difficult, it's a pretty simple object. The mesh is a matter of an hour maybe, UV mapping would be annoying to me cause I hate that, and I'm sure the auto mapping wouldn't do anything good. And personally, I don't do textures, I'm not artistic for that.

But now it comes back why I didn't make the weapons I want for L4D2, that was because I needed the Source SDK for that, and there's no OS X version, so I said FO!

But I'm not entirely clear on what you're actually asking, are asking if someone would do it for you and add it to the Workshop? Or are you asking if someone is able to do it?

That isn't terribly difficult, it's a pretty simple object. The mesh is a matter of an hour maybe, UV mapping would be annoying to me cause I hate that, and I'm sure the auto mapping wouldn't do anything good. And personally, I don't do textures, I'm not artistic for that.

But now it comes back why I didn't make the weapons I want for L4D2, that was because I needed the Source SDK for that, and there's no OS X version, so I said FO!

But I'm not entirely clear on what you're actually asking, are asking if someone would do it for you and add it to the Workshop? Or are you asking if someone is able to do it?

Well I'm asking for anything really, if they would make it, be able to make it or what they thought of a workshop item for Garry's Mod with these capabilities or just the model itself. Anything about this weapon and Garry's Mod basically lol.