Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Hellraid Developers.

I saw on the Hellraid forum on Steam this conversation regarding whether the player could maximize the skill tree.

Question: Will you be able to max out the skill trees or will you be limited in your choices?

Answer: That is something we are still debating, so no solid answer just yet.  ("questions for Hellraid developers", page 15)

Please don't allow each character to achieve absolutely all points into each skill. This would mean all max level characters will be absolutely identical in all skills. So when you team up with someone else, you have identical skills. Each character is equally a master magician, master archer and master fighter. Sounds a bit boring to me.

I think one reason why you might consider allowing people to achieve all skills is so a player can try all skills without having to start a new character. That can be a good thing, but maybe we could allow characters to get back all (or half) of their skill points through some means and then spend them again. That is, maybe a character has spent all their skills in melee and ranged combat, but now they want to re-spend their points into melee and magic.

How could a player get to re-spend their points? You could have a special rare item you find that can reset your points (you could make it a glowing blue crystal or something). Players would have to search for it. Some games let you just spend money to respend your points, this is a inexpensive and easy way, maybe too easy. Some games allow skill resets for free (like Diablo 3) and some games make it too hard (like Path of Exile). It'll be interesting to see if you guys allow skill resets at all.

Have a great day.  :wub:

I saw on the Hellraid forum on Steam this conversation regarding whether the player could maximize the skill tree.

Question: Will you be able to max out the skill trees or will you be limited in your choices?

Answer: That is something we are still debating, so no solid answer just yet.  ("questions for Hellraid developers", page 15)

Please don't allow each character to achieve absolutely all points into each skill. This would mean all max level characters will be absolutely identical in all skills. So when you team up with someone else, you have identical skills. Each character is equally a master magician, master archer and master fighter. Sounds a bit boring to me.

I think one reason why you might consider allowing people to achieve all skills is so a player can try all skills without having to start a new character. That can be a good thing, but maybe we could allow characters to get back all (or half) of their skill points through some means and then spend them again. That is, maybe a character has spent all their skills in melee and ranged combat, but now they want to re-spend their points into melee and magic.

How could a player get to re-spend their points? You could have a special rare item you find that can reset your points (you could make it a glowing blue crystal or something). Players would have to search for it. Some games let you just spend money to respend your points, this is a inexpensive and easy way, maybe too easy. Some games allow skill resets for free (like Diablo 3) and some games make it too hard (like Path of Exile). It'll be interesting to see if you guys allow skill resets at all.

Well, it IS a dungeon-level based game, I see no harm in being able to respec. in between levels or at any time you're not actually playing.

But I agree, having each character be able to max everything is boring. I'd perfer more of a limited skillpoint system where it becomes a balace between competence and versability.

Hi there!

Sorry my english not so good and i didn't read all 8 pages of sugestions so maybe i'll be repeating someone.

1) Just finished Risen 3, must say i really liked level design there. I really like levels shown in videos of Hellraid, so please make lots of levels, with your new graphic engine every scenery is like a work of art.

2) Considering difficulty, if you aiming for both casual and hardcore players, corresponding game modes is a must, like in diablo with normal and hardcore.

3) Someone wrote about changing difficulty for levels just to get better loot. If you consider to implement this in game, how about to change ability set of enemies with higher difficulty? For example elite and boss monsters get 1 new ability each time you add difficulty. Complex bosses composed of group of enemies, perfect for co-op.

4) Would like to see some interesting magic spells, not just your typical fireball or lightning. For example spell that creates strong wind affecting all projectiles in area of effect, rain which affects fire magic, rotting spells which will rot either flesh or armor/weapons of enemy depending on mage specialization, time magic for example mage should be able to create chronosphere drasticaly slowing everyone inside even his allies(i think friendly fire is a must, or it could be an optoin for hardcore mode), there are lots of possibilities for interesing mage gameplay and if you intend to make tons of weapons for fighter/ranger like characters, making tons of different and fun spells for mage should do the trick. I personally think mage needs 25% of fighting spells and 75% utility spells which will be usefull in co-op.

Edit: Look at Lichdom battlemage and Skyrim for mage mechanics, maybe you'll find something interesting, also crystal gauntlet from risen 3 could be a good weapon for magic fighter and yes i don't see a problem taking good ideas from other games and making them even better in your game.

5) different arrowheads for archers ( look at divinity: original sin) which will be strong but limited and should be used in really pressing situatons.

Edited by Tetsuryu

Developer of the Hellraid, I ask you!

I beg something if it ever has space and time to do. Something of personal goal and pride I carry through all skill games.

I-of all things, I would play your game because there is some sort of skill based gameplay of fighting. I accept facts that a much higher level characters than of lower will lose no matter the case. This I agree.

BUT! And I will not burden myself with something I shy to ask. I want to be so good at this game that I will earn some kind of recognition. Perhaps for being one great parry user? Or greatly skilled in fighting multiple players at once. And I want to have something that makes me proud like a sword, axe or spear or even a dagger, and crossbow. To feel my earnings, to help myself play and encourage myself, at least something that marks me. For example, how would it feel if I beat the hardest boss you faced and get a sword. This sword is called "Great Longsword" colour coded to symbolize its legendary status.

Wait!  Where is my earning? Where is the pride is having thousands of other people using the same exact sword called "Great Longsword"? How does it feel to use this sword that cannot be personalized to yourself after using it for weeks to months and possibly years?! How is this immersing myself to make me play anymore? It will feel nothing. People create emotional attachment to what they were given, I for example sometimes keep the first weapon I've ever used in a game. Games cannot be called "just a game" to me. As a gamer ever since from kindergarden, I have grown up to feel passion for games. I want to strive and feel.

So at last I ask you at least one thing, renaming our weapons so that we can feel unique out of others. That is not all I want but it's all I ask. Maybe we can rename our weapons after a certain amount of kills which cannot be simply reached by farming. Maybe after killing a boss, 1000 skeletons, 500 undead, 100 players. Then we can rename our weapon. This way, it prove our pact towards a weapon we hold dear to and not just farm. 

I ask this as a very passionate and competitive gamer who tries to best all others.

My request description is finished.

(Sorry for how I write, I've created a habit in historical writing that I can't change)

Edited by KozWanderer

Hi guys. I've got an idea that is probably very hard to implement now as the game is too far into development but I'll propose it anyway. Since you talk a lot about old games like Hexen and how Hellraid is meant to be more of a hack'n'slash than RPG I think it fits very well and isn't really changing mechanics as much as it seems at a first glance. So hear me out.

What I have seen from the gameplay videos you've got a set amount of mana that decreases while using spells and fills up slowly over time/instantly when drinking potions. I think I've also read somewhere that mana won't refill over time so maybe this refill was only for the demo, idk.

What I would like to see is to have mana as something similar to ammo in shooters. So you start with let's say 100 mana, and it doesn't fill up automatically, but instead mana doesn't have a cap so every potion adds to the amount. With proper potion placement this IMHO would make much more sense for this classless system where everyone can use every weapon from the start. Warriors can have ocassional fun actually using relatively strong spells ( they just use up mana much faster than mages) while mages can, instead of hiding behind the rock wating for mana to refill, be sporadically forced to use a weapon and hack through a few enemies ( not often though to not make it tedious, since loot is random you can make it so if a mage is low on mana next enemy will drop a potion, also skills that make spells use less mana, but these are surely already in game). Mana potions would be of course used on pickup since it doesn't make sense to carry them so you also have a free RB button you could use for something else too :)

I think this system would make for much more dynamic combat where you actually use everything at your disposal. It fits IMHO with what this game should be about, and it is not making a cookie-cutter build with 500DPS, but slashing, freezing, burning, exploding and bashing skeletons in 1001 ways.

Also many people are speaking about healing potions. In my opinion they work best the way they are now. Animation/delay when using them will only force players to avoid enemies while health regenerates. If I can only refill a small amount of health at a time, big battles where I get hit a lot instead of being epic turn into a hide'n'seek when my health slowly regenerates and it sucks.

As I said these may be hard things to change as you've already got and balanced a skill tree around the current mechanics but I think it would be worth the trouble.

What I have seen from the gameplay videos you've got a set amount of mana that decreases while using spells and fills up slowly over time/instantly when drinking potions. I think I've also read somewhere that mana won't refill over time so maybe this refill was only for the demo, idk.

What I would like to see is to have mana as something similar to ammo in shooters. So you start with let's say 100 mana, and it doesn't fill up automatically, but instead mana doesn't have a cap so every potion adds to the amount. With proper potion placement this IMHO would make much more sense for this classless system where everyone can use every weapon from the start. Warriors can have ocassional fun actually using relatively strong spells ( they just use up mana much faster than mages) while mages can,

it should be passives from skill tree that differentiate warrior, mage and ranger in potion aspect, like warrior could get more health from health potion, mage could get more mana from mana potion and ranger could get some bonus mana from health potion and some bonus health from mana potion (or just find potions more frequently)

Also i think that if mage will have such limitations as not auto refilling mana, then  he should be doing N-times more damage than same level warrior/ranger, otherwise why would someone play mage if they can be warrior (which through his skills surely will do a lot more damage than mage with same melee weapon) but won't be limited by mana and have more health and better armor.

Edited by Tetsuryu

Hi!

In another post I saw a guy that told to you an idea for implement 2-3 sec animations for drinking potions.. I'm agree with him, I think animations are fundamental on today's games.. when I see in videos at characters getting potions, money, treasures, whatever, and I see static hands.. I hate this.

I want to my character can GET the objects and MOVE his hands to open a cheast, open a door, take a shield, a potion...

If I press a button, I can't see how the objects are being added to my inventory automaticaly, I want see an animation..

So my request is: implement animations for the character, please.

Edited by The_breaker

I love 3D Vision too, I have an Asus 27" 3D Vision BUT... when I tried Oculus Rift.. I though "3D vision isn't ANYTHING compared whith this".

I posted it a few months ago, and I say this one more time: please, oculus rift support. It's the future

I love 3D Vision too, I have an Asus 27" 3D Vision BUT... when I tried Oculus Rift.. I though "3D vision isn't ANYTHING compared whith this".

I posted it a few months ago, and I say this one more time: please, oculus rift support. It's the future

maybe yes, but i dont have oculus - i have 3D Vision

Many people said that potion drinking needs an animation sequence but I have mixed feelings about it.

I still think that "stunning" the player while drinking potions are not a great idea. OC you need to balance the potion spamming, but thats not a very good way.

I hate when I stuck in games or it takes away the control from me. Cooldown could be a good answer here. 

1. Like the player can't drink the same potion again for like 10 seconds (depends on the game flow). The player is free to move, won't die in a stupid lockdown but he/she can't spam the potions,
  2. Also, the potions can be categorized. Like buff potions, healing potions, removal potions, etc. and add a cooldown to a category. So the player can drink something like strength bonus and a healing potion too. This is a better way because the player don't feel that he/she's limited that much. 
  3. You can also add different subtype of potions like combat or non combat potions. Like a healing potion that ticks health over time but it can be interrupted by taking damage.
  4. OR Add a potion sack. Limit the number of potions the player can carry. This should differ from the inventory. (this is not that player friendly)

I've been following the discussion about the potion-drinking for quite a while now, and you make some very good points. Right now, there is no natural health regeneration (outside of a skill on the skill web that isn't that easy to reach), so potions are very important. They are your 'OH ****' button. Adding more restrictions on them would be a huge change to game's balance. However, the balancing is something we'd like to work out with you guys during Steam Early Access. If after playing the game this piece of feedback about healing potions persists, we will consider other solutions (like the aforementioned animation).

i guess i would still have to say would like to see more variety in animations for the magic, and more ranged combat like maybe regular bows, throwing things etc

Ranged combat (outside magic) is still a work in progress, but we're looking to make it into a viable 'third option' beside melee and magic combat. And new animations will be there, the gameplay demos we showed so far had a limited range on them, since we'll be adding new ones all the way through Early Access and towards the release.

You touch on two very important subjects - level cap and respeccing. There has been no final decision yet, we'll see what you guys prefer during EA. Now, if we decided to remove the level cap, it would be a nod towards 'grinders', since we'd set a 'soft-cap' (say, level 50), after which new levels would take a looooot of XP grinding (and maybe some farming of special items that would be required for each level above the 'cap'). As for respeccing, it's also something to consider. Personally, I'm a fan of static builds, with no respec options, but that does seem to be rather unpopular nowadays. Again, topic for Early Access, no final decision here yet.

@Tetsuryu

Regarding difficulty, we're reluctant to tie in loot drops and XP gain with difficulty levels, since very often it doesn't feel like rewarding better players, it feels rather like punishing more casual ones. However, the specifics of difficulty levels will be discussed further into development. Now, the Hardcore mode that a lot of you wanted to have in the game will for sure be separate from normal characters.

@KozWanderer

Loved the writing style :) That is a cool idea, seems like something we'd like to implement.

Regarding 3D Vision and Oculus Rift/Morpheus support, I cannot make a final statement yet, we're exploring various possibilities for Hellraid.

Thank you very much for your feedback, the team really appreciates the feedback, a lot of your questions, passed on by Michał Napora, have sparked some really good discussions. It feels like our team is way bigger than what you see at the office :)

Thank you Pawel, for providing us with valuable insight into what's going on behind-the-scenes at the office!

This is my first post in this thread so be gentle with me folks.

I noted when I was watching one of the demos for Hellraid on youtube, that there's an epic execution animation for at least one boss in particular.

More execution animations:

What I'm hoping is that for *almost* every enemy you encounter, even the weaker skeleton mobs, there will be at least one unique execution animation for each weapon variety in the game. I would love it if I went in to thrust my 1-Hand Sword through the rib cage of a skeleton warrior, and the blade got stuck between its ribs, prompting a kick to free the blade, which sends the skeleton backwards and falling to pieces. Say for another example, I'm about to finish the same skeletal warrior off with a 1H Axe + Shield, so the animation starts off with an overhead chop into the skeleton's skull but the Axe gets stuck so I shield bash it free, etc. I'm hoping that there would be only a small chance of this animation triggering, and that the animation wouldn't take more than 2.5-3 seconds, so it wouldn't completely ruin my situational awareness or get too repetitive.

Thank you Pawel, for providing us with valuable insight into what's going on behind-the-scenes at the office!

This is my first post in this thread so be gentle with me folks.

I noted when I was watching one of the demos for Hellraid on youtube, that there's an epic execution animation for at least one boss in particular.

More execution animations:

What I'm hoping is that for *almost* every enemy you encounter, even the weaker skeleton mobs, there will be at least one unique execution animation for each weapon variety in the game. I would love it if I went in to thrust my 1-Hand Sword through the rib cage of a skeleton warrior, and the blade got stuck between its ribs, prompting a kick to free the blade, which sends the skeleton backwards and falling to pieces. Say for another example, I'm about to finish the same skeletal warrior off with a 1H Axe + Shield, so the animation starts off with an overhead chop into the skeleton's skull but the Axe gets stuck so I shield bash it free, etc. I'm hoping that there would be only a small chance of this animation triggering, and that the animation wouldn't take more than 2.5-3 seconds, so it wouldn't completely ruin my situational awareness or get too repetitive.

There are plans for Hellraid to have finisher moves for all enemy types and weapon setups. The team is working hard on those animations,  though not all of them will be ready for EA.

I noticed that there are several weapon types:

1.) One-Handed Weapon

2.) One-Handed Weapon + Shield

3.) Two-Handed Weapon

4.) Elemental Staves

5.) Ranged Weapons

This is really just a One-Handed weapon question/suggestion:

Seeing how there currently aren't any plans to implement a dual-wielding system (At least not for One-Handed Weapons,) or the use of staves in the off-hand, I'm curious if there's going to be anything separating 1.) One-Handed Weapon and 2.) One-Handed Weapon + Shield. I guess what I'm really asking is if there's going to be any perk designed for players who wield One-handed weapons and forgo the use of a Shield?

At first glance, it seems if you don't use a Shield along with your 1-H weapon, you're kind of an idiot. I don't want that to be entirely the case. Seeing how one huge selling point of Hellraid is advanced customization of your character, the skill tree should welcome and accommodate as many diverse play styles as it can.

Suggestions:

1.) Passive ability (A.K.A. "The Lazy Route"):

IMO, Shields are heavy so maybe in the Agility Tree, if a player uses a 1-Hand weapon (without a Shield) their attack speed would be like +10-15% faster and/or gain +20-25% stamina regeneration - something along those lines.

2.) Active ability (Interchangeable with suggestion #1):

Most likely in the Agility Tree. Perhaps instead of the passive bonus route, they could get an active, lunging thrust attack (with swords, obviously; axes and hammers could get a lunging power strike) reminiscent of a fencer? (Note: I don't see how a Shield would hamper a player's movement to the point where they couldn't pull these moves off, but whatever. Perhaps it could be an active ability for all 1-Hand weapon combinations, or maybe all melee weapons in general.) IMO, this attack should have a slightly higher change to trigger an execution animation.

3.) Hybrid ability (The *Ideal* Mechanic):

Another suggestion is the ability to switch between One-Handed grips and Two-Handed grips on a One-Handed weapon. This would most likely find itself in the Strength/Combat Tree. Two-Handed grip mode would slow down the attack speed by say, -15-20%, but grant +20-25% extra damage per swing.

- - -

Personally, I think the addition of options #2 and #3 would be what's best concerning this dilemma. Well, that, or make dual wielding an option or DLC feature lol.

Edited by SkeeSilentT

I noticed that there are several weapon types:

1.) One-Handed Weapon

2.) One-Handed Weapon + Shield

3.) Two-Handed Weapon

4.) Elemental Staves

5.) Ranged Weapons

This is really just a One-Handed weapon question/suggestion:

Seeing how there currently aren't any plans to implement a dual-wielding system (At least not for One-Handed Weapons,) or the use of staves in the off-hand, I'm curious if there's going to be anything separating 1.) One-Handed Weapon and 2.) One-Handed Weapon + Shield. I guess what I'm really asking is if there's going to be any perk designed for players who wield One-handed weapons and forgo the use of a Shield?

At first glance, it seems if you don't use a Shield along with your 1-H weapon, you're kind of an idiot. I don't want that to be entirely the case. Seeing how one huge selling point of Hellraid is advanced customization of your character, the skill tree should welcome and accommodate as many diverse play styles as it can.

Suggestions:

1.) Passive ability (A.K.A. "The Lazy Route"):

IMO, Shields are heavy so maybe in the Agility Tree, if a player uses a 1-Hand weapon (without a Shield) their attack speed would be like +10-15% faster and/or gain +20-25% stamina regeneration - something along those lines.

2.) Active ability (Interchangeable with suggestion #1):

Most likely in the Agility Tree. Perhaps instead of the passive bonus route, they could get an active, lunging thrust attack (with swords, obviously; axes and hammers could get a lunging power strike) reminiscent of a fencer? (Note: I don't see how a Shield would hamper a player's movement to the point where they couldn't pull these moves off, but whatever. Perhaps it could be an active ability for all 1-Hand weapon combinations, or maybe all melee weapons in general.) IMO, this attack should have a slightly higher change to trigger an execution animation.

3.) Hybrid ability (The *Ideal* Mechanic):

Another suggestion is the ability to switch between One-Handed grips and Two-Handed grips on a One-Handed weapon. This would most likely find itself in the Strength/Combat Tree. Two-Handed grip mode would slow down the attack speed by say, -15-20%, but grant +20-25% extra damage per swing.

- - -

Personally, I think the addition of options #2 and #3 would be what's best concerning this dilemma. Well, that, or make dual wielding an option or DLC feature lol.

Those are all good ideas, we also don't want the shield to be a no-brainer. From things implemented right now, we have a few skills that support a more agile warrior with (higher attack speed with no shield, higher crit chance, etc.), and we consider quite a few active skills to add into the mix. Another obvious one is the weight of the shield to consider. Even during our Gamescom demo we showcased a fight where dropping a shield vs an enemy with unblockable attacks allowed to speed up our dodges.

The changing grip mechanic, while interesting, might be a bit too complicated to implement properly and differentiate from two-handed weapons to make its way into the game, but we will consider it (there's quite a lot of questions associated with that - should two-handed passives work with a one handed weapon held in two hands? If we want those weapons to be somewhere in between pure one-handed and two-handed, should we make two-handed weapons even slower and more powerful to compensate? Etc.).

As for adding dual-wielding in the future, who knows? :) No plans now, though.

Really glad to see active PR here on the forums, you guys answered a lot of my questions in this forum. Thanks and keep up the good work!

(From one CM to another, you guys are doing awesome  :wub: )

Really glad to see active PR here on the forums, you guys answered a lot of my questions in this forum. Thanks and keep up the good work!

(From one CM to another, you guys are doing awesome  :wub: )

Yeah, I'm really impressed with Pawel for investing so much time and energy into the community at large. I too, am impressed with the development team for providing him with the time required in order to answer the questions we've posed both realistically and honestly. So far, every single one of my questions has been answered and I really appreciate that level of transparency in a game development company. It's good to know that a development company with a genuine passion for making quality games, along side its community, still exists. I'm falling in love with techland :wub:

Edited by SkeeSilentT

Are there any plans to implement random enemy spawns and variations on the story mode dungeons to aid with replay value? Maybe certain events could play out differently whether your character is in the position make that choice or not?

Really looking forward to this by the way. Will be testing the hell out of the game come early access!

Are there any plans to implement random enemy spawns and variations on the story mode dungeons to aid with replay value? Maybe certain events could play out differently whether your character is in the position make that choice or not?

Really looking forward to this by the way. Will be testing the hell out of the game come early access!

Story mode will not be random, most of it is hand-crafted to allow us some nice story-telling mechanics. The only variation in Story mode will be co-op and difficulty scaling. However, the Mission and Arena mode throw a lot more random spawns into the mix, with random objective, enemy and loot spawns, so expect your 'hack'n'slashing' to be centered around those.

As for the CM love, awww, thank you guys!  ^_^

I also don't want to be able to max out most/all skills. What's the point in choice if by the level cap there is no choice? It would be so very boring to have everyone you meet capable of everything. That boredom will obviously reduce the life span of Hellraid.

Also please include respecs, even if they are hard to earn. One of the few things I didn't like about Dead Island was the lack of a respec option. Spending say 100 hours with a character and realizing that you should have picked different skills, with no option to change them would be heartbreaking. People get attached to their characters. I couldn't imagine no respecs in City of Heroes (R.I.P) or Borderlands for example. Respecs add to the fun.

@Tetsuryu

Regarding difficulty, we're reluctant to tie in loot drops and XP gain with difficulty levels, since very often it doesn't feel like rewarding better players, it feels rather like punishing more casual ones. However, the specifics of difficulty levels will be discussed further into development. Now, the Hardcore mode that a lot of you wanted to have in the game will for sure be separate from normal characters.

I just don't want to see higher difficulty as simple as increasing enemy HP, attack strength or quantity. What I want to see is more different styles, formations, behavior and abilities from the same enemy i already defeated in easier difficulty.

It be cool if every enemy type in the game had their unique hidden skill tree, so when i choose higher difficulty it'll be like my enemies leveled up and unlocked new skills, both passive and active, and it would be even better if every enemy from one type could level up his abilities at random, so for example 1 skeleton has more agility and move faster and 2 skeleton has more health and can take more punishment. I think it is far more interesting than just do +100500 additional hits to same enemy on higher difficulty, just to get better weapon to do less hits on even higher difficulty.

I remember how i was so addicted to Blade and Sword, Blade and Sword 2 (Diablo 2 clones), just because of their game mechanic, unlike diablo there were blocks, dodges, different enemies with different behavior and the game required not just stats from your character but actual skill.

Edited by Tetsuryu

The problem with the vast majority of user suggestions in this thread is that they take time, and devs aren't willing to invest proper development time in their games anymore. I think this thread is great but we will see what, maybe 1% of the great ideas implemented in the final product. I have a hard time being excited for a game that won't even allow you to dual-wield while all the attention is on combat. Also, I find it very odd that Hellraid has RPG elements but the loot is only limited to weapons and armors. Why not go all the way in? Nowadays what I see are developers that don't take risks, that don't push their games to the limits. I'm not sure how many millions Techland invested in Hellraid, but you won't make me believe adding a PVP mode would push back the release date. And this is just an example. I have no clue how many levels, monster types, items, etc there are now in your semi-final build, but I'm sure you can do more, more, more. It's simple really; players want content. They want flexibility. Yet you already have the wrong idea and brushed aside any chance at a mod community. Why not be open minded for once?

I feel like this thread is just free research for Techland. But honestly I'm tired of seeing poor excuses for not adding what I consider basic features. About PVP, you answered you'd need to overhaul the entire game balance (item stats, skills and such). Again, a bad attitude. Why not ask yourself: how can we add this mode for our fans? It doesn't have to be balanced. I don't understand devs that think everything must be flawless. Create an arena map shaped like a square, add two spawn points for players and let them hit each other. There, PVP. Will it be balanced? Of course not. But is your goal to create a competitive MOBA? I don't think so. I know it takes time to code features, I'm not dumb. But outright saying "no" to things everyone want leaves a sour taste in my mouth as a designer.

I can already feel the fans readying their pitchforks, but really, game developers of our generation are often greedy and/or not ambitious enough. I don't know personally the guys at Techland and I'll be the first to say that communicating with the fans is already better than what the vast majority of other devs do with their franchises. However, I feel this thread will shoot everyone's expectations too high when they'll realize all their great (or not-so-great) ideas have only been considered. It kinda reminds me of Diablo 3, where we needed to wait more than a year for a half-assed PVP (at least we got it). I guess we will see soon enough with the Early Access (EA) just how Techland really takes the pulse of its community. It is essential not only to listen, but also to act.

All of these should be there day one on top of the already confirmed features, with no DLC, no pre-order modes (wtf Dying Light, seriously Techland) or exclusive chupacabra:

- Dual Wielding (give me a real reason why not)

- Basic PVP (doesn't have to be balanced or just do like Destiny and have all weapons maxed to a certain level)

- Gender choice (unless there is a VERY important story reason why not)

- SDK / Steamworks enabled (PC games NEED to embrace the mod community)

While I'm at it, let me give you a few ideas for Hellraid. The problem though is that you should have asked for these BEFORE, I feel it's too late:

- Champions: have some monsters with various auras like in Diablo. These more powerful foes drop better loot and give more experience points. They have higher attack stats and devastating powers. For instance, you could have the Vampiric Aura, which allows a monster to heal whenever it deals damage to you. Monster glows green in that case. Or the Inferno Aura, which leaves a trail of fire wherever the monster moves, dealing high amounts of damage. These are just basic examples, but you get the idea.

- Champion bosses: dunno how many bosses you plan for the final build, but have a variable somewhere that allows for them to be Champion versions with buffed stats and new behaviors. Could also be featured only in Hardcore, Coop or special runs. Champion bosses would have something like 1/5 chance of spawning.

- Random events: particularly aimed at coop runs, random events (or public events) happen in the game world randomly. For instance, if you need to go rescue a princess in the village, there could be Undead attacking a house, triggering a random event. If you defeat them all before they invade the house, you get XP, treasure and a temporary buff (speed, attack, etc). Random events could also be global, meaning one game you'd play and a lot more monsters would spawn (to the engine's limits), monsters would be more aggressive, etc. Thee possibilities are endless, from the small events to the big ones.

- More loot: I feel like weapons and armors are just the tip of the iceberg. Go all in. Add amulets, rings, gloves, capes, you get my drift. I know itemization takes a lot of effort. But the more content, the more successful the game will be. Players love loot, but if it's only weapons and armors, I'm not sure that's enough.

- Bounties system: in your central HUB (dunno what it is really), have a board with bounties. These bounties vary in difficulty and give something besides the campaign to accomplish. Have some of them be very unoriginal (slay 10 Necromancers), but offer challenges too, like kill 100 Skeletons in under 10 minutes, slay boss X at Y place (and said boss is a champion), etc. Bounties could also tie in with PVP: players that kill you get a bounty on their heads, when you slay them you get the points. Points are then used to buy exclusive gear.

- Social features: Dunno what is planned, but basic chat is a most especially on PC. Some kind of emotes could also be fun (/dance anyone?). Leaderboards are planned AFAIK, but go further: add an Inspect button, for instance. Trade items, too.

- Boss Rush Mode: this is a mode where you fight every single boss the game has to offer in quick sucession. After each fight, you are awarded with a treasure chest. The further you progress, the better the loot becomes. Reach the last room for a stupidly big chest full of goodies.

- Legendary items that matter: add game-changing abilities to some items. Triple jump? Possibility to dash infinitely? Infinite endurance? The possibilities are endless

- Endless mode: this is you (or you and your friends) against an endless number of mobs. Get treasure chests depending on how long you survive. Have it that after a certain amount of time it becomes nearly impossible to survive.

- Impossible mode: in this mode only available to true champions, every single monster kills you in ONE hit. But you also kill them in one hit (except bosses) and they have a greater chance at dropping the best items in the game.

- Gobbler: a rare monster that roams the lands in search of valuables. When you find one of these big-belly horrors, slay it for a special reward.

Sorry if I flamed a bit earlier, I'm just tired of games that don't embrace their full potential anymore *cough* Destiny *cough* despite having big budgets.

Edited by Hellfire

I've given the respec idea some thought. I know someone from Techland made a post here saying they're a fan of static builds, but for many people that actually reduces replay value. The main issue with a 'no respec' game is that prior to choosing a skill you don't actually know if you'll end up wanting to keep it. I love Dead Island but many hate the fact that their characters are stuck with skills they don't want, forever.

So to get to the point I propose a partial respec system.

For example your character has skills 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, you decide you absolutely hate skill 5 and its got to go. Clicking on your respec button below the skill trees will enable you to respec up to 5 of your skills. You can get rid of skill number 5, replace it with something you actually like and then continue enjoying your character a hell of a lot more.

This system has more than one advantage for Hellraid. First of all this system still encourages players to make multiple characters, because they are unable to just take a level capped hero and change his play style completely whenever they choose. This not only prolongs the life of your game, but it enables players to enjoy their characters more, never having to put up with a choice they forever regret!

Secondly this system makes for an easier way for players to experiment with builds. Done this way even level capped players wont get access to all skills whenever they choose, so there is no danger of players experiencing all skill combinations right away and getting bored with them too quickly.

I believe this to be the perfect compromise between static builds and full respecs. I really hope you consider this feature as I believe it would double the fun of Hellraid.

Edit: Royal Palms Resort has mentioned this earlier as well. Its worth looking into.

Edited by aXe

As with everyone here, I am very much looking forward to this game.  I played D&D as a kid, and also played Heretic and Hexen back in the day.  I've been awaiting an online multiplayer rpg that would translate the richness of a tabletop campaign into a fast-paced FPP experience.  I am hoping that Hellraid will provide such an experience.  Specifically though, to that end, will the skill set permit party support/healer specced players?

I also may be getting ahead of myself, but I would love to see future rpg campaigns as DLC.