Paweł Modliński

Ideas And Feature Requests For Hellraid Developers.

Maybe you could make a mode where players can make there own maps and place enemies and traps and stuff like that

This would be pretty good for end-game content. Either a player who controls traps and monster spawns or just a map editor that lets people make their own custom dungeons.

Well if you watch those speed paintings on youtube you can see there are total of 8-10 hours of work / picture. And thats the execution. 

An artist has to desgin the look of the character, or the "skin" if we are talking about different textures or model variants. Thats a rly hard and time consuming work. Then make some of them into concept arts from sketches. And then finalize the arts. After all this stuff, you have to make textures from them which is rly time consuming. And then implement them into the game. All the instances, and rules and other stuff and so on...

And I'm taling about reskin existing models. So yeah you rly need few liter of coffee for this work.

Even many AAA big budget games cannot afford that many variants of stuff. 

i agree with you, i know how to animate and model, i don't know how to make textures but i know that skinning even a basic model takes forever, can't image what it would be like for enemy models this advanced.

This game really caught my atention, I'm looking forward to playing it. Some questions:

1) Will enemies respawn?

It'd be a little disappointing if as we progress through the story the game became empty and boring. Also, many players like to have fun with their newly acquired strenght. It's important to have in mind that gamers usually want two diferent types of experince: hard and rewarding challenges and easy challenges meant only to provide some fun.

2) Will damage based spells stagger the enemies? A fireball certainly should cause a little staggering.

Some suggestions:

1) Implement mana regeneration: in most RPGs mages are weak not only because enemies barely take damage from spells (better to just hit them with an axe - it causes more damage and it's faster anyway) but also because it's very easy to run low on mana. If you play as a warrior, your weapon will always be with you as long as it is equipped and not allowing mana regeneration simply prevents a player from having fun with a spell based character.  

2) While a good story is important, it would be nice to allow the player to roam freely between places and kill enemies that respawned (after a certain time has passed, of course).

Sorry for any English mistakes.

Hello! Just wanted to start off saying that Hellraid is sounding better and better the more I hear about it. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

1. Female Demon Slayers:

Now, I know this particular question has already been addressed, but I wanted to reiterate the importance of having female characters in the game. Simply having the option would do wonders for the role-players who are going to eat up this game. And for the actual female gamers out there, it would be much less alienating if they were allowed to make a character they can have an easier time relating to. In any game with character customization, this is a feature I greatly look forward to. I just hope that the team can find the time and resources to make it happen, with the main release preferably. Speaking of customization...

2. Character Customization:

When it comes to building our characters (aesthetically), what kind of depth are we talking? For example, in The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, the players were given great freedom in making their characters with sliders for nearly every aspect, for better or for worse. In Skyrim, the devs decided to take away some of that freedom and instead allow players to choose from presets which they could mix and match to build their characters. I'm just curious which version Hellraid aligns itself more closely with. Both can be good, but the latter definitely relies on the devs ability to make cool, interesting, and aesthetically pleasing decisions which are ultimately decided by the individual player. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He he, now wouldn't it be cool to fight THE Beholder? Or a version of it anyway. Darn copyrights...

3. Weapon Functionality:

This is kind of my personal pet peeve when it comes to RPGs, or any "progressive" game really. Will my weapons be outgrown and discarded for newer deadlier, tools of destruction, or will I be able to keep that rusty dagger for my whole playthrough? "Old Faithful never let me down, because I never put 'er down." I would certainly hope that I can keep any weapon I've grown attached to, but I would also anticipate the need to upgrade them as I progressed as well. More often than not I'll find a sweet looking gun or sword, only to have to throw it away because it doesn't scale as well as Top Teir over there. Don't get me wrong, I think we all enjoy finding the God Guns and the Demon Blades in our loot bags. It feels just like Christmas! But I like to show my signature weapons some love, too. They carved me a path to said loot, after all. I'll draw one last comparison to Skyrim. When I play it, I prefer to use "normal" weapons that I've enchanted and named, as opposed to the Deadric artifacts (usually). I like to think that my character is going to make a name for their self, and it's only fitting that their weapons might one day be regarded with the same mythic value. This is just my role player perspective, and I realize not as many players go that deep. Still, it would be nice to keep my favorite weapon for the entire game if I so desired. My last weapon question...can I please name it? Already have a few ideas in mind...if it's a boy, "Stormbringer". He'll be my greatest asset and disadvantage.

4. Testing:

Are there any plans for a beta to hit the consoles? I heard about the Steam early access, unfortunately for me, I game purely on the consoles. It would be super cool if we had the chance to test Hellraid out, too. :)

Thanks for listening to the fans, keep up the good work!

Hey guys!

Heaps of solid ideas and good questions from the community - let me see if I can answer some of them.

I created an account purely to post my thoughts above of what I'd like. Now I'm confident enough that ideas are being seen, lemme just exercise the braining muscles.. I will say though, I'm quite content with how the game is looking currently, I want this cool first person gothic dungeon crawler, these are just things I can dream of to go with that.

[HEAPS OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS IN HERE - Michal Edit]

Numbers and tech and stuff:

An official offline or browser based calculator - With customisable builds, multiple classes and a large assortment of items, I'd like an official Hellraid calculator to fiddle around with, offline would be ideal for messing around on the go if you've got no net, maybe even for IOS too?

Funny non-important stats - Since there's a leaderboard system, I wouldn't mind a not-so-serious stats page, be it personal, between friends or online. Things like Most Steps Taken in a Map, Most Attacks Missed in a Map, Total Times You Have Been Gored by a Minotaur, Highest Repeatedly Killed Necromancer Revived Enemy, Most Failed Attempts on a Single Map.

Blimey that was a lot, sorry if it's too much all in one post.

Hi Beet, 

Thanks for signing up, and flexing that brain muscle of yours - some really good ideas there that I'll pass on to the team. 

You mentioned an official offline/app based calculator - I like where you are going with this. Couple of questions just so we are on the same page. Is that a tool that you want to use to calculate and see stats for each class/weapon, ie if I have the "Sword of Hell", that will give me 15 attack, but my attack per second is only 0.54 (stats and name purely from my head), and see how that compares to, say, a bow. Is that the type of thing you're thinking about? Do you maybe have an example of an app like that? Everybody else - what are your thoughts on a companion app like this? Would you like to see it? Anything else it should have in it? I like this idea...

Funny stats are cool - they always put a smile on your face, and break the serious tension. I'll see if we can put that in. I'll have a chat to the devs (no promises though)   

To start off, I just want to say that the game looks great.  It's been in the #1 spot on my steam wishlist since the game showed up on Steam.  Needless to say I'm looking forward to the launch of early access so I can finally get my hands on this game.

I read through the entire thread and the one suggestion that jumped out at me was to have the player's weapon be able to get stuck in enemies (or objects in the gameworld, such as doors, bookshelves ect).  I really like this idea as it makes attacking accurately even more important.  But you could also try and have your weapon get stuck on purpose.  So, when you rip it out it deals even more damage to your enemy and causes them to bleed (if they can of course.  I don't know about you, but skeletons bleeding always bugs me.). This could lead to some interesting and dynamic combat.

Now then, I have some questions of my own.

1) Will it be possible to wield all melee weapons with one hand or two hands? 

2) Will you be including staff-type melee weapons?

3) Is it possible to disassemble weapons that I find? And then take the parts that I want and make them into a new weapon or upgrade one that I have?

4) How are you handing the camera work with combat maneuvers that could be disorientating?

Hi Xaelon, 

It seems that the "weapons getting stuck" mechanic is getting quiet a few fans here. The problem is that this type of mechanic might be a bit hard to implement from a coding/development perspective. I'll definitely mention this to the devs and see if they can have a look into it, but no promises.

Now, to your questions:

With crafting, weapons, and combat - we will be revealing more details closer to the release of Early Access, so please stay tuned. With the camera work, we are making sure that not only does it feel natural, but still feel like "you know where you and your enemies are". Don't worry, you will have full control of what's going on :) 

A non-direct homage to the Wraithverge from Hexen would be brilliant, that's more a luxury than anything else, though.

Interesting. I'll see if we can work that in the game somehow.

I hope the game not be a "secondary game" for Dying Light, I hope it will be a  very big game.

I think this screen is awesome:

Can I walk on this world? I say; that I look it's explorable? It would be amazing if I can walk over this world and I can arrive to the castle.

Other idea is destruction for the escenary. If you throw a giant fire ball and it impact on the wall, the wall would be destructed or burn trees with fire..

A very important thing I think is the enemies models: In a lot of games I can see many IDENTIC enemies. This is something that I HATE, and it isn't inmersive. If I see two times the same enemy, ok.. if I see three times, ok.. but when you see ten times the same enemy... it's very very annoying.

I think you should make differents models for enemies, for example:

- "Zombies" : Model A, Model B, Model C, Model E...

- "Bloodhunter" Model A, Model B, Model C, Model E...

Ten different models for enemy class.

If it's too much for you, you can change minimum things, the face, the arms, taller or smaller enemies.. but see the same enemies it's very annoying.

Oh, for the last, I hope you will make a GOOD PC Version on ultra settings!! Dying Light looks great too!

What do you think?

Hello again The_breaker,

Yes, there will be an outdoor scene that is similar to the image you posted. 

With the destructible environment part of your post - yes, we are trying to make the environment as real as possible, ie destruction etc. We made a video about it a while ago about destructible objects - have a look at it here:

In terms of multiple models of the same enemy: I agree, variety definitely adds a more to the game. Thing is, doing a lot of versions of one enemy is very time consuming. We will aim to add as many variations as our time will allow, but ten for each might be pushing a bit :) 

Maybe you could make a mode where players can make there own maps and place enemies and traps and stuff like that

Hi Cameron, 

At the moment, we don't have plans for supporting any player generated content. If things change though, we will let you know.

Hello! Just wanted to start off saying that Hellraid is sounding better and better the more I hear about it. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

1. Female Demon Slayers:
Now, I know this particular question has already been addressed, but I wanted to reiterate the importance of having female characters in the game. Simply having the option would do wonders for the role-players who are going to eat up this game. And for the actual female gamers out there, it would be much less alienating if they were allowed to make a character they can have an easier time relating to. In any game with character customization, this is a feature I greatly look forward to. I just hope that the team can find the time and resources to make it happen, with the main release preferably. Speaking of customization...

2. Character Customization:
When it comes to building our characters (aesthetically), what kind of depth are we talking? For example, in The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, the players were given great freedom in making their characters with sliders for nearly every aspect, for better or for worse. In Skyrim, the devs decided to take away some of that freedom and instead allow players to choose from presets which they could mix and match to build their characters. I'm just curious which version Hellraid aligns itself more closely with. Both can be good, but the latter definitely relies on the devs ability to make cool, interesting, and aesthetically pleasing decisions which are ultimately decided by the individual player. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He he, now wouldn't it be cool to fight THE Beholder? Or a version of it anyway. Darn copyrights...

3. Weapon Functionality:
This is kind of my personal pet peeve when it comes to RPGs, or any "progressive" game really. Will my weapons be outgrown and discarded for newer deadlier, tools of destruction, or will I be able to keep that rusty dagger for my whole playthrough? "Old Faithful never let me down, because I never put 'er down." I would certainly hope that I can keep any weapon I've grown attached to, but I would also anticipate the need to upgrade them as I progressed as well. More often than not I'll find a sweet looking gun or sword, only to have to throw it away because it doesn't scale as well as Top Teir over there. Don't get me wrong, I think we all enjoy finding the God Guns and the Demon Blades in our loot bags. It feels just like Christmas! But I like to show my signature weapons some love, too. They carved me a path to said loot, after all. I'll draw one last comparison to Skyrim. When I play it, I prefer to use "normal" weapons that I've enchanted and named, as opposed to the Deadric artifacts (usually). I like to think that my character is going to make a name for their self, and it's only fitting that their weapons might one day be regarded with the same mythic value. This is just my role player perspective, and I realize not as many players go that deep. Still, it would be nice to keep my favorite weapon for the entire game if I so desired. My last weapon question...can I please name it? Already have a few ideas in mind...if it's a boy, "Stormbringer". He'll be my greatest asset and disadvantage.

4. Testing:
Are there any plans for a beta to hit the consoles? I heard about the Steam early access, unfortunately for me, I game purely on the consoles. It would be super cool if we had the chance to test Hellraid out, too. :)

Thanks for listening to the fans, keep up the good work!

Hi TimeLordDelta, 

Thanks for writing your thoughts down - much appreciated.

When it comes to character customization, we will reveal more details closer to the release date. And thank you for letting us know your thoughts about female characters. 

With your weapon functionality, once again, more details to be revealed later on, but I do like your idea about being able to name your weapon. It doesn't seem like a very difficult thing to implement - I'll chat to the devs about it, and see what we can do (no promises :) ).

And unfortunately no plans for a beta to hit the consoles TimeLordDelta. Sorry about that.

Thanks heaps to everyone that dropped their thoughts, and keep those suggestions and ideas coming! 

Hello Techland. From what I have seen so far, I can not wait to play the games you intend to release. They are exactly what the gaming community has been waiting for so many years. Kudos for that. A couple ideas I would love to see in effect would be:

1. Gauntlet. One player, one awesomely choosen boss type mob by the Devs. One victor. Upon victory, you go to the next stage (which could be a different enviroment from one of your beautiful levels for each stage). Each stage would have a different boss, different variations such as more traps or minions to deal with. Each gauntlet stage would have one boss to beat. Each stage becomes more and more difficult as you increase in levels. If you die, you have to start over from the beginning. Each boss/stage completion can provide a chance at (from a large pool of loot) a good loot prize. Small chances of getting the epic loots, higher chance of getting regular type Gauntlet gear. I would love to see this gear be exclusive to Gauntlet and not obtainable through other game functions. With this system, you could also implement a ladder for players to compete on. No random monster/bosses on each stage. The amount of stages of Gauntlet can be limitless really, with the Devs deviant ideas on making it harder and harder as the Gauntlet continues. I would also love to see a save function in the sense that, if I was able to get to Stage 8, but needed to go to sleep for work in the morning, I can come back tomorrow and continue from Stage 8 until I die in the Gauntlet.

2. Skill + Magic chains. For example: I would love to see a Might spec'd player have a fire shield cast upon him by his teammate with his Magic spec'd and if they Might spec'd player does some other skills. You could see some fire effects and damage from that fire shield. Another example would be two Magic spec'd characters using two different types of magic (say one uses a Cone of Coldness and other uses Lava Burst) these spells could meld, IF close enough together, into a earth type magic causing blunt damage. We all know skeletons hate that blunt stuff. Another example could be, one agility character, one magic character and one might character combining a Hyper slash(agility move) with a Massive Blow(might move) causing a different elemental type attack for bonus damage... lets say... Wind damage.... that a magic spec'd character can cast, if quick enough, a wind elemental spell causing a higher burst in magic damage. These spells or skills are just names I am using as an example and in no way hinting they are in the game. :)

I have a few other suggestions that I will be posting in a couple of days. I feel if these changes could be placed into effect (I understand coding and time frame complications) this would change an anticipated, fantastic game into an industry crushing video game to make such an imprint on the community for years to come.

PS. Let me know if your company is hiring :P

Pls make the weapon system like in borderlands 2.

Add open world

Add the arena changing i evry wawe...

Add horse riding on open world

Add summoning

Add scrolls

Add As much as types of weapons possible

Add limited open world (chupacabra you comlete the storyline the more world you will have to explore or as bigger your lvl is the more world you will have)

Add shelter where you can keep your loot

Dont do the weapon jamming like in dead island (atleast not that much)

Add friendly npc

Dont add too op enemies like the thu in dead island (by too op i mean that you need special combat style to defeat it ×this dosent affect bosses× )

Be ware of sprint laggs (dead island,call of juarez...)

Add JUMPSCARES

Add auras

Add LIFESTEAL

ect like from mobas and stuff

Add when point staff that it shows you the keys to activate spells (not like stopping the game and opening the menu in skyrm)

DONT DO THE SKYRIM LIKE MENU-WHEN OPEN INVENTORY (ect..) THAT THE GAME PAUSES (like you in battle-stop the game drink 2380128318 health potions=Done)

Add that the caracter can have special scrools to unlock attack speed,atack dmg whit special kind of weapons,increased special school of spells (ect...)

Take somehins from the game Mortal Online

Add that you can toggle special graphics

Add that you can add special textures (like i make a texture throw it in a foler [like in minecraft] )

A small feature, but I think a Bestiary would be an awesome inclusion in the game. An empty almanac filled with blank pages and slots. Then after each dungeon and new encounter with an enemy that page or slot fills with information on that particular demon/beast/boss like it's backstory, history, mannerisms, stats, ranking in demon society or threat level, as well as will an animated picture of said creature similar to a gif. It would just be nice to be able to pause the game at times and admire the artwork of the enemies in motion, as well as realizing our character is also taking notes on each monstrousity he faces, and learning more about them. Like I said not a major feature, but still nice and it would be on the pause screen either after encountering the creature or defeating it. Just pause the game, scroll to the Bestiary/Almanac past the options or skills tree or whatever and admire.

A small feature, but I think a Bestiary would be an awesome inclusion in the game. An empty almanac filled with blank pages and slots. Then after each dungeon and new encounter with an enemy that page or slot fills with information on that particular demon/beast/boss like it's backstory, history, mannerisms, stats, ranking in demon society or threat level, as well as will an animated picture of said creature similar to a gif. It would just be nice to be able to pause the game at times and admire the artwork of the enemies in motion, as well as realizing our character is also taking notes on each monstrousity he faces, and learning more about them. Like I said not a major feature, but still nice and it would be on the pause screen either after encountering the creature or defeating it. Just pause the game, scroll to the Bestiary/Almanac past the options or skills tree or whatever and admire.

Yeah, a detailed bestiary that gives a bit of lore background on enemies would be cool. You'd need enough creatures in the game to make it worthwhile anyway. Just having a short list of monsters and calling it a 'bestiary' would be pretty disappointing.

Hey everyone totally psyched about this game can't wait!

Anyways I have few things that I would love to see,

1) I know it's been mentioned before but dual wielding. Would be awesome to be able to dual wield like in Skyrim would open up a lot of fun for playing mixed skill characters, Magic in one hand and weapon in the other. Or maybe just even add dual swords or sword/dagger or axe/axe as weapon types.

2) Seen people mentioning combo spells, mixing spell effects would be interesting(grease+fire anyone?). Would also be nice to see mages enchant elements onto other peoples weapons someway. Maybe hit an ally with a spell to charge their next few attacks with that element(ie a freeze spell might add a chill effect to peoples weapons and so on). Along with possible buff spells like extra armor or movespeed and healing this would be a nice way to have people work together.

3) Shield focused abilities. Something like a shield charge or bash. Maybe you might even be able to knockback with the shield and use it toss allies for some extra damage? Maybe a charge ability in general that gains a bonus with shields?

4) Spiked shields. Can I dual shield?

5) I know people mentioned possibly taking aggro on monsters so how about a taunt ability for the more tankier focused players. You're passively more likely to draw monster attention(Chance when hitting a mob that it focuses only on you?). Or maybe you can actively taunt with an ability and that mob focus' only you for a certain duration and while you are focused all damage by other players deal increased damage to that mob? You might even mix in abilities for other talent specs like passively reduced aggro(blinding shot, chance for enemy to temporarily lose sight of you when you hit it in the face?) or say flashbombs that make you temporarily lose all aggro from mobs(ninja smoke bombs away!) for all those rogues that don't want attention. Maybe a channeled confusion spell for mages, target enemy target nearest object(person/mob) until spell is stopped being cast.

Still on aggro you might also look into having monsters pick aggro by highest damage, modified by talents(only deal 75% of aggro or 150% etc) along with a taunt/cower ability that auto sets you to the top/bottom of the aggro tree? I know very MMOish. Don't think this would affect single player much but in Multiplayer might be helpful.

6) Trap type abilities or spells? Place spell/ability on floor and lure enemy into location. I know there will be environmental traps but for single and even group play would be nice to be able to set up your own traps at chokepoints. Maybe a wall spell(solid, fire, ice, etc)? Bear traps, enemy steps on and get stuck(some enemies might be more resist? stuck for less time?). Maybe timebomb effect skills/spells, you place the spell/skill on person/place/object and after so long it detonates, you could potentially place spell//skill on an ally and have them charge in.

7) Hardcore gamemode. Possible character deletion on death. Maybe team damage as part of hardcore or just a seperate option? I'm not too much into these but I know theres a big niche for it escpecially if you add a ranking system too it such as longest survived character, highest difficulty completed so many times, highest level,  etc.

Well thats all that comes to mind at this time, hopefully I didn't mash things together too much. Anyways keep up the work things are looking good so far.

-Ifrit

Edited by Ifrit

Sorry if you already thought of this haven't watch all trailer's but my thoughts are world interactions(to use items around you to your advantage) we say if you see a barrel/crate stuff like that you can pick them up and throw it at the enemy to knock them down to the ground and add in a kick feature to like kick enemies off a cliff (if you are playing anything outside) these suggestion's come from a game called "Dark messiah: Might and magic" you can watch a gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oFAWo4A2dY and you understand what i mean 

Edited by GhostPepperBreakfast

Sorry if you already thought of this haven't watch all trailer's but my thoughts are world interactions(to use items around you to your advantage) we say if you see a barrel/crate stuff like that you can pick them up and throw it at the enemy to knock them down to the ground and add in a kick feature to like kick enemies off a cliff (if you are playing anything outside) these suggestion's come from a game called "Dark messiah: Might and magic" you can watch a gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oFAWo4A2dY and you understand what i mean 

Yeah this idea was implemented long ago in the game, before its recent upgrade to the next gen systems even. You already have the ability to kick your opponents, staggering them, etc. And you already have the option to use numerous environmental objects to your advantage like luring your enemy to a certain location then dropping a chandelier on them, or picking up a giant pot and throwing it at the enemies knocking them back, or if the pot carries some explosive ingredients inside acting as a giant fiery grenade.

I think you are going great techland. Dead island came from nowhere, and you delivered. A really great game with nice item upgrading, effects etc. So, just based on that, I know hellraid has potential. The only thing I felt a bit off on the trailers was the staff. Something is not right yet, doesnt seem fun to use a staff, its too static.

This is my contribution, ive been following since 1 year or more, and will get this on a deal for sure. Now I wont play "escape", the imac version, but I understand you would try that market, I'am just not a mobile gamer.

Btw I also loved in dead island that once you end the game you can restart it keeping level and weps.

Edited by Razor

Hi Techland,

Just a simple question.

Have any of you at Techland tried the game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare? 

It's a first person sword fighting game that handles Melee exceptionally well and has by far the most skill based Melee system I've ever come across.

I think Hellraid would learn a great deal more about first person melee through playing this game.

Give it a go! You won't be disappointed in what you will learn.

Can't wait for Hellraid to come out!

Hello Techland! I can't wait for your game!

I have 1 simple question.

Will there be random customized weapons, kinda like borderlands?

That is all :)

Thank you for reading my question.

Edited by Sleepy

Im aware that there is a crafting system for weapons in the game, although Im not sure how well it extends. Like if its simply you craft whole weapons out of small components or whatnot. But a suggestion I would like to add is what if a rare drop was blueprints for specific higher tier crafted weapons. Also if there were crafted weapons that were actually a combination of 2 already whole weapons. Ex: I have this axe I obtained/crafted and I also have this claymore, and this recipe calls that I combine both for some better. Or combining 2 staffs together.

Also having a reason to double back in levels would be cool. Say you get further in a dungeon and you find a key in some room, looted from some crate or dropped by some enemy. You remember that gate/door/locked chest a couple ways back. Then you have to go back all the way to that part of the dungeon, possibly dealing with any enemies that may have respawned just to find out what was in that mysterious location, if it was even worth it. Or using some of the more heavy instruments in the games like the giant pots, any explosives, or heavy melee weapons to crack open a loose wall or piece in the ground. Venture into that hole in the wall or ground to find a mysterious room ripe for the picking with glorious loot. Or possibly find a note that leads a hint to a part of that level that holds a secret area with some kind of special loot.

Hello Techland. From what I have seen so far, I can not wait to play the games you intend to release. They are exactly what the gaming community has been waiting for so many years. Kudos for that. A couple ideas I would love to see in effect would be:

1. Gauntlet. I would love to see this gear be exclusive to Gauntlet and not obtainable through other game functions. With this system, you could also implement a ladder for players to compete on. No random monster/bosses on each stage. 

2. Skill + Magic chains.

Hi Archavias, 

1. I like your idea there about Gauntlet exclusive weapons. We will have an Arena mode, which is similar to what you describe as Gauntlet, but the idea of obtaining specific weapons from the Arena mode really stuck out. It could help make Hellraid more replayable, and it would encourage players to try out the different modes. Every one else - how do you feel about mode specific weapons? Would you like to be able to use those mode exclusive weapons in other modes? Let me know what you think.

2. A few people have mentioned combo chains, and I'll pass on the info to the devs. Thanks for the suggestions as well - those are always appreciated.  

LIST OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS - Michal

Thanks for the extensive list DisArmer - the more suggestions, the better (especially your suggestions on menu/game pausing).

With open-world, it's too late to change the design. However, open world doesn't always mean that the game will be better. We felt that a level-based system would work really well for Hellraid, and I hope you will feel the same way too. 

It's a small feature, but a good one - I like it a lot.

This one is going to the devs! No promises on final implementation though :)

Hey everyone totally psyched about this game can't wait!

Anyways I have few things that I would love to see,

1) I know it's been mentioned before but dual wielding.

2) Seen people mentioning combo spells, mixing spell effects would be interesting(grease+fire anyone?). 

3) Shield focused abilities. 

4) Spiked shields. Can I dual shield?

5) I know people mentioned possibly taking aggro on monsters so how about a taunt ability for the more tankier focused players. 

7) Hardcore gamemode. 

-Ifrit

Hi Ifrit, 

1. We are really happy with our quick-slot system, which allows for very efficient weapon/spell swapping. Once you try it out, that dual-wield itch will be gone :)

2. Good examples of combo chaining there - I like it. Keep them coming if you have more on your mind.

3 & 4. We will reveal more on shields closer to the release date. And you won't be able to dual-shield.

5. I like your taunting idea there - really useful in co-op. You would really need to work as a team if one player is taking on the damage, and it would add another layer to the co-op game mechanic. What do the rest of you think about this idea?  

7. There has been quite a lot of comments and requests about a hardcore, permadeath mode. I know that the devs are looking into it, but nothing is confirmed at the present moment.

Hi GhostPepperBreakfast,

Trust me when I say that there will be a lot of environmental interactions in Hellraid. You won't be dissapointed. 

I think you are going great techland. Dead island came from nowhere, and you delivered. A really great game with nice item upgrading, effects etc. So, just based on that, I know hellraid has potential. The only thing I felt a bit off on the trailers was the staff. Something is not right yet, doesnt seem fun to use a staff, its too static.

Hi Razor, 

Glad you shared your views on the staff - this is what this forum is for. What exactly didn't you like about it? Just that it doesn't "move" much and doesn't seem too much fun? If you were a mage, how would you use a staff? Let your imagination run free - would love to hear your thoughts.

Hello Techland! I can't wait for your game!

I have 1 simple question.

Will there be random customized weapons, kinda like borderlands?

That is all :)

Thank you for reading my question.

Weapons and weapon crafting details will be released closer to the release date, so stay tuned!

Im aware that there is a crafting system for weapons in the game, although Im not sure how well it extends. Like if its simply you craft whole weapons out of small components or whatnot. But a suggestion I would like to add is what if a rare drop was blueprints for specific higher tier crafted weapons. Also if there were crafted weapons that were actually a combination of 2 already whole weapons. Ex: I have this axe I obtained/crafted and I also have this claymore, and this recipe calls that I combine both for some better. Or combining 2 staffs together.

I like the idea of rare blueprints for weapons. This idea is going to the devs.

Also having a reason to double back in levels would be cool. Say you get further in a dungeon and you find a key in some room, looted from some crate or dropped by some enemy. You remember that gate/door/locked chest a couple ways back. Then you have to go back all the way to that part of the dungeon, possibly dealing with any enemies that may have respawned just to find out what was in that mysterious location, if it was even worth it. Or using some of the more heavy instruments in the games like the giant pots, any explosives, or heavy melee weapons to crack open a loose wall or piece in the ground. Venture into that hole in the wall or ground to find a mysterious room ripe for the picking with glorious loot. Or possibly find a note that leads a hint to a part of that level that holds a secret area with some kind of special loot.

Secret areas - who doesn't like them. I like where you are going with this, and yes, there will be secret places to discover and venture into. It's going to be heaps of fun as well.

As always, great comments and ideas coming from this thread.

Keep those posts coming!

I have more ideas!

Add More kinds of range weapons then crosbow and bow (that i think will be in the game)

I sugest beasts like jumping from the tops of buildings and around you (like somekid of swift things)

Dont add instant flames,in the way the instantly when the enemy ets in the fire it started burning (which is common in games)

Whit fire and other enchants dont add like the flames around the enemy like ive seen in the trailer,it would be better like a melting animation from the place that u hit...

Add cool effects when u hit an indiistructible thing like a wall or something (i know i lot of lame effects when u hit the wall or flor whit spell or something like in skyrim)

Add some kind of clue that im hurting the enemy like wounds,ripped clothes ect

I rly hate the skeleton exploding stuff (like in the trailer)

Add Repeatitive boses like we hurt one boss and he flees and we need to kill him again but stronger later in the game

Add sword backpacks (like a backpack whit like some slots to automaticly change a weapon,not to go in the menu)

Add blood splattering on the sword and on the walls

ADD THAT PLAYERS CAN TOGLE REALY BAD TEXTURES (for lower pc-s)

Add a cool movement animation

Add that when u pull a sword that you look at that direction (if its on the back you turn and catch it ect....)

Add mission traveling,what i mean is when u get to higher lvl you can go back whit the same lvl and items to any mission in the game (but monsters to be on your lvl)

Add that any class can use any weapon but the picked one has more skills whit it

DONT ADD PERKS LIKE IN SKYRIM (thats the most anoying thing ever!)

Add that you can get loot in arena and that u can use that in game

Add checkpoints not saving ! (becouse someone almost kills the boss and  saves the game and retrives from the half killed boss to try again (or something like that )

Add Spike knuckles

If not open world add a special gamemode in that u have open world but whit locations to explore and as much as you explore and "clean up the areas" u get more free space

Add weapon possitioning like the angle where from is that weapon going to strike

ADD ARENA DESIGN! That u can create arenas whit monsters of lvl that you choose and area that  chose (but that that arena dosent affect gameplay)

###ADD ALOT OF BORDERLANDS 2 STUFF LIKE LOADS OF LOOT AND WEAPONS

Add a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Story whit lots of lvls 

DONT ADD A MAIN VILLIAN 

Why you ask?

Cuz if the game is focused on killing one guy it will be pointless

Add hardcore mode like in fallout new vegas

I will play the game BUT IM SOOO SAD THAT ITS NOT OPEN WORLD!

Add large more player  arenas like  10 guys on 4823480 monsters and stuff

Add in arena RANDOM MONSTER SPAWNING!

Add comlicated character behavior

Add dodgeing strikes but not like in dead island or Call of juarez: GunSlinger

Dont add arenas like in call of juarez the gunslinger those where DUMB!

#

#

#

THE BEST IS FOR LAST: ADD A SPECIAL KIND OF SEMI OPEN WORLD LIKE TRAVELING IN THE PAST MISSIONS AND DOING STUFF THERE BUT NOT REPLAYING THEM JUST HAVING FUN!!!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Thanks <3TECHLAND<3 AND HURRY UP WHIT IT MY EYES WILL POP OUT!

Hi guys. Thank you Techland for making great games. I'm a huge fan. Played the Dying Light demo at E3 and loved it.

I have 1 idea and i hope that you guys can consider making it a reality  :D

An angry spirit that has a small chance to appear during co-op with 3-4 players.

It can possess a player character. Once possessed, you lose control. The player character will aggressively hunt down the closest party member and attack them. Other enemies in the map will aid this possessed character when they are nearby.

The angry spirit can only be driven out by getting the chupacabra beaten out of it by the other party members. Once the player is near death, the possession will end and the player will regain the health that he lost.

1. The player that is the furthest away from the other players will be targeted for possession.

2. Possession is 100%  and cannot be stopped.

3. It cannot happen near/during boss fights.

4. A scary face will appear and scream before it takes possession of the player character.

5. Has a low/rare chance of occurring in any map.

I believe that this can create some very memorable co-op sessions. It will definitely spice up the players co-op experience.

Thanks for listening

Edited by Korrupt

I personally just hope the story/campaign last at least a substantial amount of time and holds a decent amount of sub bosses and actual bosses.

Also what I just want to make a suggestion that really doesn't impact adding anything into the game as of yet. Have expansions planned. This definitely looks like a game I could come back too easily so themed DLC would be awesome, especially a Halloween themed level at one point with Jack o lanterns, etc.

**Amended: Originally for the last piece of text I had in this post I asked if it would be digital only or have a retail also version with a possible steelbook case limited edition. But I recently dig some more digging and found out this will be a digital only title lol. That answered my question.

Also I just want to say keep up the work guys, and that I appreciate what you are doing. Most games offer a "cooperative campaign" and make it seem forced, like Im expected to play with friends to have a good time. I like how this game so far feels like I will be able to enjoy a good single player experience and have a nice co-op one as well if I feel like it.

Edited by IzzyOtaku

Okay so everybody knows there are basically 3 modes to this game: Story, Mission and Arena.

Story is basically the core and I'm hope it will last a good 6+ hours.

Missions seems like basically you replay stages you've already done in story but for scores now.

Arena is basically survival where you defeat waves of enemies.

I read somewhere on here before someone suggesting that you unlock weapons as rewards in Arena depending on the waves you beat. I forget where I saw it but I like that. I also want to add that you do it to Mission Mode as well. To me, it seems like Mission Mode would be like a side quest option variant. Ex: I unlock _____ dungeon after beating it in Story and now I can play it in Mission. I currently have 2 different quests I can play in that stage and each offer a reward of some sort whether money, armor (which hasn't been discussed much actually), weapons, etc. I play more Story and unlock new stages to play in Mission but as well more quests unlock in the old previous stages for me to go back and replay to reap rewards, also they have difficulty levels to them. These quest could be anything from kill x number of whatever creatures, find a treasure, grab these components to this weapon like in the trailer, etc. To some it may seem tedious but I think it would add some nice replayability to go back to especially if done right.

Edited by IzzyOtaku