Smokey_Badger

Guns Guns Guns, Ehh

I've heard talk of the ability to play dying light as a "gun game", what is everyones opinion on this? Personally I feel it would not only be kinda silly to choose to go shooting guns everywhere (due to the sound) I find it kind of ludicrous to think that in a quarantined city, during the apocalypse, guns are somehow readily available, maintained and have an ample supply of ammunition.

Well...Player choice ;-), and if the gun play is fun, the shooting feel right - im all for it , Hitman-Absolution is and awesome shoother - many people did not like that...so they dident like it...because they where not looking for that kind of game - But it was geat to mix up the gameplay once in a while with shooting that felt good!!

and the guns available thing...depends on the country, city and people ;-)

I've heard talk of the ability to play dying light as a "gun game", what is everyones opinion on this? Personally I feel it would not only be kinda silly to choose to go shooting guns everywhere (due to the sound) I find it kind of ludicrous to think that in a quarantined city, during the apocalypse, guns are somehow readily available, maintained and have an ample supply of ammunition.

You can but they will draw all the virals (which are the ones which can climb and run) because of the noise so there is still an emphasis on using melee weapons.

You can but they will draw all the virals (which are the ones which can climb and run) because of the noise so there is still an emphasis on using melee weapons.

I can see useing guns dureing the day. But when night hits use bows or  bats knifes etc.

I still don't see them being a realistically viable option, especially in the "middle east", where guns are not as prevalent as for example, the U.S., not to mention most guns would be gathered by the elite and powerful, whatever guns were left around would likely be exposed to the elements and such, and idk about any of you but I know from experience a filthy weapons system (gun) is nearly worthless

Not to mention ammo is limited, creating an issue,lack of ammo, and its not like all of the guns you would find would be all the same caliber, shotguns would be most common and shotgun shells are the most weather sensitive

Is probably use a gun on a big enemy during the day only and I'd aim at the head. I'd also use a gun to shoot an explosive canister from far away.

The pistols I want are any that use .45 ACP and a 9mm such as the Beretta Px4 Storm.

Edited by Nasty_Freak

I still don't see them being a realistically viable option, especially in the "middle east", where guns are not as prevalent as for example, the U.S., not to mention most guns would be gathered by the elite and powerful, whatever guns were left around would likely be exposed to the elements and such, and idk about any of you but I know from experience a filthy weapons system (gun) is nearly worthless

Not to mention ammo is limited, creating an issue,lack of ammo, and its not like all of the guns you would find would be all the same caliber, shotguns would be most common and shotgun shells are the most weather sensitive

What about ak47 revolvers RPG etc?.

Dude puru is near the amazon rain forest and is station to 2 marine corps supply depots chalked full of munitions in the middle east I found a 8 year old boy with a Russian makerov hand gun who had been apart of alkaida.

Guns are prevailant in both countries. As to using them... I can't give details but I've been on enough paramilitary expeditions to know discharging a gun in this kind of quarantine zone would draw even the night time baddies in broad daylight.

In short while yes you can run through the streets shooting like its high noon at the okay corral it would likely get you and anyone around you killed.

Edited by kyroila

Ah I heard it was supposed to a ficticous city in Peru. Well terky has a lot of guns but its in the hands of the Turkish military so... there would be plenty of guns but little ammo by that point.

The guns I have seen so far, in gameplays, are the DB shotgun, American 9mm pistol, German 9mm pistol, police rifle, and military rifle. The only other gun was a revolver, but that was in a pic a year ago. Im pretty sure those 5 weps (and maybe the revolver) are the only guns in the game. There could be more, but, I think that's all.

Dude puru is near the amazon rain forest and is station to 2 marine corps supply depots chalked full of munitions in the middle east I found a 8 year old boy with a Russian makerov hand gun who had been apart of alkaida.

Guns are prevailant in both countries. As to using them... I can't give details but I've been on enough paramilitary expeditions to know discharging a gun in this kind of quarantine zone would draw even the night time baddies in broad daylight.

In short while yes you can run through the streets shooting like its high noon at the okay corral it would likely get you and anyone around you killed.

I don't think gunshots would draw the night time zombies because the daylight would hurt them.

If you watched the live steam of the developers playing the game they say they wanted to give it a more of a Middle-Eastern European feel. They chose the fictional city to be near or in Turkey because of the geography and how there are less guns, one thing is that they didn't want to put it in the US is because it would be easier to get guns and they wanted a more of a melee game and it wouldn't be fun with the ability to just blast yourselves away from the Zombies.

If you watched the live steam of the developers playing the game they say they wanted to give it a more of a Middle-Eastern European feel. They chose the fictional city to be near or in Turkey because of the geography and how there are less guns, one thing is that they didn't want to put it in the US is because it would be easier to get guns and they wanted a more of a melee game and it wouldn't be fun with the ability to just blast yourselves away from the Zombies.

this guy gets what I mean lol

Its based off of istanbul in turkey.