Smokey_Badger

Season Pass

Just read about the upcoming dlc for dying light

#1(feb 2015) Cargo & Cuisine, new missions in heavily infested areas sealed during the earliest stages of infection.

#2(TBA)Ultimate survival bundle,4 unique outfits (all of the pre order bonuses I assume) plus new blueprints and weapons

#3 (TBA) The Bozak horde, Players are challenged to survive waves of brutal infected in a stadium run by an unknown psychopath, also adds new story elements.

Im just gonna leave this here fir discussion

If the Ninja Outfit or any outfit that covers the playable character's face (to the point where females can wear the same outfits and be questioned if the character is male or female) available in the game then I won't get the season pass.

Edited by Nasty_Freak

I actually found the article myself and think it sounds pretty sweet:

• Cuisine & Cargo -- Available first for Season Pass holders, these two hardcore missions let players put their skills to the ultimate test. Investigate buildings sealed off in the very first days of the outbreak--with the infected inside. Explore ominous corridors of once the most famous restaurant in Harran, and employ both stealth and combat to ransack a zombie-filled loading bay at an abandoned railroad yard.
  • Ultimate Survivor Bundle -- Players will receive seven unique in-game items that will bring fighting zombies to a whole new level. Grab three special outfits and four blueprints for over-the-top weapons to make your survival in the quarantine zone a good bit easier.
  • The Bozak Horde -- The final Season Pass drop will deliver a new map and gameplay, playable in either single-player or co-op. Go inside the Harran Stadium, the most famous landmark in the city, and test your combat know-how against relentless hordes of the Infected. Fight increasingly stronger and larger enemy waves as you oppose a mysterious psychopath called Bozak.

The first one sounds awesome, getting to play a few extra missions that are harder then the game to really give you and your character a real challenge for when you really max out your character with all of the skills. Now for the second I am always a little sketchy with harder things and easier things, sometimes I love a weapon with a bit of a kick in it to really power up your killing, other times I like it when it's hard and you get a good challenge. One thing I do like though is how the outfits will come in to play, because in-game when you play with friends it's going to be all of you as the same player, Kyle Crane, which is not bad don't get me wrong but I'd like to be able to tell the difference between me and my friends in Co-Op mode unless they already have something installed for this to happen. And now for the last DLC I think this sounds like a terrific idea! I have always loved playing horde style games with my friends to defend are selves against wave after wave of opponents and it would add a bit extra story which is always fun. :)

I actually found the article myself and think it sounds pretty sweet:

• Cuisine & Cargo -- Available first for Season Pass holders, these two hardcore missions let players put their skills to the ultimate test. Investigate buildings sealed off in the very first days of the outbreak--with the infected inside. Explore ominous corridors of once the most famous restaurant in Harran, and employ both stealth and combat to ransack a zombie-filled loading bay at an abandoned railroad yard.
  • Ultimate Survivor Bundle -- Players will receive seven unique in-game items that will bring fighting zombies to a whole new level. Grab three special outfits and four blueprints for over-the-top weapons to make your survival in the quarantine zone a good bit easier.
  • The Bozak Horde -- The final Season Pass drop will deliver a new map and gameplay, playable in either single-player or co-op. Go inside the Harran Stadium, the most famous landmark in the city, and test your combat know-how against relentless hordes of the Infected. Fight increasingly stronger and larger enemy waves as you oppose a mysterious psychopath called Bozak.

The first one sounds awesome, getting to play a few extra missions that are harder then the game to really give you and your character a real challenge for when you really max out your character with all of the skills. Now for the second I am always a little sketchy with harder things and easier things, sometimes I love a weapon with a bit of a kick in it to really power up your killing, other times I like it when it's hard and you get a good challenge. One thing I do like though is how the outfits will come in to play, because in-game when you play with friends it's going to be all of you as the same player, Kyle Crane, which is not bad don't get me wrong but I'd like to be able to tell the difference between me and my friends in Co-Op mode unless they already have something installed for this to happen. And now for the last DLC I think this sounds like a terrific idea! I have always loved playing horde style games with my friends to defend are selves against wave after wave of opponents and it would add a bit extra story which is always fun. :)

To me it seems like i'm not geting enough bang for the buck. I really want big story DLC.

#2(TBA)Ultimate survival bundle,4 unique outfits (all of the pre order bonuses I assume) plus new blueprints and weapons

On the pre-order through gamestop, there are blueprints and outfits that come as a bonus without the season pass. If the outfits and blueprints are the same as the season pass, I will feel duped out of money. Hopefully they are going to be two seperate sets of blueprints and outfits ...

Am I the only one here to thinks this is revolting? The game isn't even out yet and they are asking us to pay one third of the price of the game for basically 1h gameplay and a few items. This combined with the fact that you now have to pay to unlock the "Be the Zombie" gameplay that doesn't even look that much fun really, makes you feel robbed even before buying the game. I don't understand how a game that (as much fun and innovating as it might be) only promises 50hrs of story and side-quests can allow itself the luxury of being worth +90€. Is no one else bothered by this?

Am I the only one here to thinks this is revolting? The game isn't even out yet and they are asking us to pay one third of the price of the game for basically 1h gameplay and a few items. This combined with the fact that you now have to pay to unlock the "Be the Zombie" gameplay that doesn't even look that much fun really, makes you feel robbed even before buying the game. I don't understand how a game that (as much fun and innovating as it might be) only promises 50hrs of story and side-quests can allow itself the luxury of being worth +90€. Is no one else bothered by this?

Most games that cost +90E are usually only 10-20 hours. 50 hours for a base game is a really decent length. It's not too long to create boredom (I'm looking at you pokemon) and its not too short.

For awhile now game makers have been doing this it has become the norm. And will be in the future.

Well, I guess it shouldn't be too bad to get the Ninja Costume earlier when it comes out as DLC along with the season pass because I get other extra items and missions.

My only question now: When I buy the season pass, will I get all 3 packs of DLC?

That's the way how I thought about it and please tell me if I'm right or wrong about it.

Edit: I asked GameStop if all 3 packs will come if I buy the Season Pass and they told me they will come gradually. Therefore, I'll most likely wait until the Ninja Costume comes out. I can also probably buy the other things later on (the missions specifically) after story mode. If I'm gonna still wait for the Ninja Costume for about a month even with the season pass, I'll just wait until then WITHOUT the season pass. Infact, I may start playing story mode when the costume comes out because I'll also be busy with Resident Evil HD REmake. I pre-ordered the game because of the weapons only.

Edited by Nasty_Freak

Well, I guess it shouldn't be too bad to get the Ninja Costume earlier when it comes out as DLC along with the season pass because I get other extra items and missions.

My only question now: When I buy the season pass, will I get all 3 packs of DLC?

That's the way how I thought about it and please tell me if I'm right or wrong about it.

Edit: I asked GameStop if all 3 packs will come if I buy the Season Pass and they told me they will come gradually. Therefore, I'll most likely wait until the Ninja Costume comes out. I can also probably buy the other things later on (the missions specifically) after story mode. If I'm gonna still wait for the Ninja Costume for about a month even with the season pass, I'll just wait until then WITHOUT the season pass. Infact, I may start playing story mode when the costume comes out because I'll also be busy with Resident Evil HD REmake. I pre-ordered the game because of the weapons only.

{offtopic} i will being geting resident evil gamecube remake when it comes out with a disk. No digital download for me.