clemo81

Uk Pre-Orderconfusion With Be The Zombie Dlc

I have pre-ordered my xbox one copy of Dying Light for some time, as stated on your website the be the zombie dlc was a pre-order incentive. This has been on order for a while and have now noticed uk website like amazon have displayed another version with the be the zombie pre order sticker on the main cover and a little bit more expensive. i want to clarify that now there seems to be 2 preorder versions of this game. i and i believe many others thought that if you preordered this game before its release date meant you would have access to the DLC. 

will this DLC be available separately to purchase also in the near future. i am sure i will purchase the season pass as well.

many thanks

Actually i don't know if i'm getting it or not, because on our Italian gamestop there is only ONE version of the game... so i would like to know if i'm going to get it or not... and what i have to do to get it later...

Same issue here clemo.

Can someone from Techland please sort this out as soon as possible as you will have a lot of unhappy pre order people.

They were already looking into this. And i'm pretty sure they'll make sure to get you the DLC you were promised. ^^

Heres the thing, when you pre order online, the be the zombie dlc will be emailed to you. As for the preorder through a local retailer, you will have a code printed on your receipt that you then have to redeem and voila! The zombie yours. I hope this helps :D

I am from the UK and that generally means the royal chupacabra job from dlc to the ridiculous exchange rate.

Anyways I enquired on a few websites regarding this and they just got back to me this evening. They said that they (tesco) did not take part in the exclusive dlc mode. This means that the UK is not a pre order exclusive like the USA so I can either use amazon.co.uk which is £45 or pre order on xbox.com which is £55. I wanted to use tesco as i had rewards to make this £30 so unsure now to which way I go. I want the dlc but is it worth £15 extra

I am from the UK and that generally means the royal chupacabra job from dlc to the ridiculous exchange rate.

Anyways I enquired on a few websites regarding this and they just got back to me this evening. They said that they (tesco) did not take part in the exclusive dlc mode. This means that the UK is not a pre order exclusive like the USA so I can either use amazon.co.uk which is £45 or pre order on xbox.com which is £55. I wanted to use tesco as i had rewards to make this £30 so unsure now to which way I go. I want the dlc but is it worth £15 extra

I checked with Game here in the UK today, and the only pre order bonus they are offering (as of today) is three extra character outfits, and three weapons. In store and on their website, there is no mention of the Be The Zombie pre order bonus...

Of course, this may well change, but we are only two weeks from launch...

Rich

Its a massive inconvenience having to research different versions at different outlets - and looking at lots of comment sections and forums..and its still not clear which edition offers what.I pre-orderd the digital complete edition,only to read that people have been having trouble redeeming dlc stuff with digital pre-orders on psn - pre-order canceled.Looking at game.co.uk,its got the outfits and weapons,and theres a bundle deal with a season pass (sp for £15.99) But no be the zombie mode.Looking at amazon.co.uk, be the zombie mode editon for  Â£44.99 (no outfits or weapons.and no cheap season pass) the vanilla version - which may or may not have the be the zombie mode,from what i've read on various sites.So if i get amazon be a zombie edition with a separate season pass that'll be a total of £64.98,only a fiver cheaper than the digital version i wanted in the first place -except psn store is broken apparently! and uh,i cant remember what pre-order bounus's that version is supposed to have or not.And i'd rather not get the game.co.uk version if theres no be a zombie mode.I'm very tired.Techland please tell us all plainly whats going on with all the stuff and things.Thanks.

Well when I checked on the xbox one the pre order editions being the normal and the one with the season pass is both included with the be the zombie dlc. If you pre order you get the dlc zombie with the bundle. Make sure it's the pre order version as there's 2 normal editions and only the pre order included the zombie dlc. I've seen the same on psn. Only amazon is doing the uk retailer with zombie dlc. Which is crazy as the USA gets it with every pre order game in all retailers websites and stores. Doesn't bode well for us limeys

I've pre ordered it from tescos anyway. I've paid £30 and decided £15 extra at Amazon wasn't worth the dlc which is only about 200-400mb anyway. I'm sure it will become available for everyone soon enough whether free or paid for Then again we all remember watch dogs was boasting about being able to invade people's campaign and look how that turned out in the end

Not that i don't trust you Techland, but i screen shot all the original pages when you state that when we pre order we will get the BE THE ZOMBIE MODE.

Now it would appear that you have changed the main page to say *Only from certain retailers.

I don't think so. You made us all a promise, and i for one would like you to kindly stick to it.

You cannot release one version, then closer to the time start releasing other versions with the content changed and blatantly lie to us. Even your spokespeople on here have said we would get this mode.

I think we would all like to know if you will be providing us with a code to unlock this and it can be tied to our weapons docket receipts.

Remember the days when you all could buy the same game. No extras. They were great. I love dlc and will buy ones that are value for money and good quality.

It's just bad practise to let your consumers who are interested in your game. Who have pre ordered to have to research whether or not we get the mode that sounds like a lot if fun and may very well keep your new ip interesting and maybe have you make a sequel. Very strange tactics considering it's a new franchise.

I do know that unless you pre ordered this from amazon or on xbox.com or psn you won't get be the zombie mode. It's only with them

Yes, And I did order from Amazon, but all of a sudden, they now have a version with be the Zombie along with the original one I bought. So all of a sudden there are now two versions on Amazon and I did not order the new be the Zombie version as I ordered back in August the first version that is still there.

Not happy Techland as you guys have been very rude and are just unwilling to answer our queries. Very very bad customer service.

To clear up this confusion both pre orders will have the {Be The Zombie} DLC the only reason the other one is $20 more is because it comes with the Season pass. So that way all future DLC for Dying Light will be free to download.

To clear up this confusion both pre orders will have the {Be The Zombie} DLC the only reason the other one is $20 more is because it comes with the Season pass. So that way all future DLC for Dying Light will be free to download.

I believe you are wrong.  It would appear that there is a Be the Zombie version on Amazon.co.uk which means you will not receive it as a Pre-Order bonus at least from Amazon.  Really for all the confusion Techland have produced it should be give to everyone who has an order placed before the release date.  Especially as they also cocked up the boxed version release.

I believe you are wrong.  It would appear that there is a Be the Zombie version on Amazon.co.uk which means you will not receive it as a Pre-Order bonus at least from Amazon.  Really for all the confusion Techland have produced it should be give to everyone who has an order placed before the release date.  Especially as they also cocked up the boxed version release.

So just looked it up i dont see what your complaining about yes these people get the DLC without pre ordering but how ever they are paying £44.99 which is $66.00 in US so what i see is no matter if it's considered a pre order bonus or not they are still pre ordering the game just without actually pre ordering. They are paying the exact same price as me or anyone else who has pre ordered the game to get the Be The Zombie DLC. Either way i am 95% positive that the Be The Zombie DLC will prob be released later on as a Xbox One,Ps4, and Pc add on. 

Edited by thereaper

Anyone have any ideas when the season pass will be coming to Xbox one? It appears to be a ps4 exclusive... But for how long is what I want to know cos that sucks a little bit.

The season pass for Xbox One should be available on release but of course i have bought the $80 digital version and have the game and all bonus DLC downloaded I just have to wait till the 27th to download the season pass and play the game.

Sweet cheers reaper, I am having to wait til I can get my hands on the hard copy whenever that's gonna be in the UK... But if its out release day I will get it, ready for when it finally turns up!

Sweet cheers reaper, I am having to wait til I can get my hands on the hard copy whenever that's gonna be in the UK... But if its out release day I will get it, ready for when it finally turns up!

I'm with you man. No hard copy no buy untell it gets one.