Sign in to follow this  
Bub

Playtest Feedback

Okay I think playtest is over for me now due the long matchmaking times. Waiting 5-10 minutes for a match which lasts about the same time is exhausting. I dont know what changed in this playtest, is it because lack of players or some matchmaking ranking parameter (im on lvl 18), but on last playtest lobbies filled up really fast. 

20 hours on this game is just scratching the surface, but anyway heres some thoughts:

- Bleeding is really lethal right now, imo its weapon mod should be more rare than others or just nerf bleeding effect speed. Bleeding caused by arrows is good and rewarding though.

- Add inventory system back. Most players who come from btz have been struggling with this alot. We like to keep inventory organized so theres no hassle with keybinds during the combat. Also weapon+item wheel was removed from newest build for some reason?

- The enemy warning system on normal mode. I kinda like it that no one dfa’s me out of nowhere when im fighting against zombies but now warning system is way too obivious and removes even the smallest element of surprise. I would atleast ditch the horn sound. Or even better, change it so that red warning zone on minimap would be visible only when survivor sense is used. Also camo would be nice for ambushing people, tho it would make collecting samples too easy.

- Duo and team modes. I get best experience of games when I play with friends, preferably on same side. With friendly fire on ofc, so combat needs to be organized.

- DFA range way too low. Right now you can dfa from height of a van and get relatively high reward for it.

- More nests and/or spread em out more; theres no any action going on at the edges of map right now.

- Increase the extraction time, about +10-20 sec. Too many times even if you start running to helicopter immediately when it arrives you wont make there before that lvl 5 guy flies to the sunset.

- Increase the match time. I like that BB's matches are fast and theres no that annoying long looting phase which BR's usually got. Still right now games can be really fast if theres experienced people who know exact nest locations and how to clean em from zombies in no time - and figuring out those things in current map wont take more than few hours from anyone. I'd increase the blood sample requirement slightly.

- Parrying feels weird. Im not sure whats wrong with it. Theres no proper feedback when you block enemy attack? I think atleast the melees hitting each other audio should be lot louder and sharper.

Theres still lots of good things in this game: combat works pretty good and its satisfying to get someone killed. Npc's are strong in right way so harvesting samples isn't always childs play. Map looks very nice with added flora.
I didn't have high hopes for DL turning into PVP in this form, but after playing it myself I have to admit that it seemed promising and I actually enjoyed it very much.
Edited by Bub

3 hours ago, Bub said:
Okay I think playtest is over for me now due the long matchmaking times. Waiting 5-10 minutes for a match which lasts about the same time is exhausting. I dont know what changed in this playtest, is it because lack of players or some matchmaking ranking parameter (im on lvl 18), but on last playtest lobbies filled up really fast. 

20 hours on this game is just scratching the surface, but anyway heres some thoughts:

- Bleeding is really lethal right now, imo its weapon mod should be more rare than others or just nerf bleeding effect speed. Bleeding caused by arrows is good and rewarding though.

- Add inventory system back. Most players who come from btz have been struggling with this alot. We like to keep inventory organized so theres no hassle with keybinds during the combat. Also weapon+item wheel was removed from newest build for some reason?

- The enemy warning system on normal mode. I kinda like it that no one dfa’s me out of nowhere when im fighting against zombies but now warning system is way too obivious and removes even the smallest element of surprise. I would atleast ditch the horn sound. Or even better, change it so that red warning zone on minimap would be visible only when survivor sense is used. Also camo would be nice for ambushing people, tho it would make collecting samples too easy.

- Duo and team modes. I get best experience of games when I play with friends, preferably on same side. With friendly fire on ofc, so combat needs to be organized.

- DFA range way too low. Right now you can dfa from height of a van and get relatively high reward for it.

- More nests and/or spread em out more; theres no any action going on at the edges of map right now.

- Increase the extraction time, about +10-20 sec. Too many times even if you start running to helicopter immediately when it arrives you wont make there before that lvl 5 guy flies to the sunset.

- Increase the match time. I like that BB's matches are fast and theres no that annoying long looting phase which BR's usually got. Still right now games can be really fast if theres experienced people who know exact nest locations and how to clean em from zombies in no time - and figuring out those things in current map wont take more than few hours from anyone. I'd increase the blood sample requirement slightly.

- Parrying feels weird. Im not sure whats wrong with it. Theres no proper feedback when you block enemy attack? I think atleast the melees hitting each other audio should be lot louder and sharper.

Theres still lots of good things in this game: combat works pretty good and its satisfying to get someone killed. Npc's are strong in right way so harvesting samples isn't always childs play. Map looks very nice with added flora.
I didn't have high hopes for DL turning into PVP in this form, but after playing it myself I have to admit that it seemed promising and I actually enjoyed it very much.

Thanks! I'm gonna let the devs know about this feedback