Sign in to follow this  
IzzyOtaku

Livestream Talk

Discuss likes and adjustments from the livestream.

For me

Pros:

Staff transfers magic to hand to shoot out. Its very unique and I like the concept of the staff converting mana into a certain magic element, and sending it to the hand for the attack.

Premium items glowing red. I wasnt even playing and I got bug eyed and gasped when Mike ran into a weapon that was glowing red. I dont know if all tier items that arent common/uncommon glow a certain color or if it was a very specific ones but it was a fantastic sensation just seeing it.

The damage meter. Just loved it.

HIDDEN PASSAGES!!

The environmental trap where he jumped on the chandelier.

The look of the weapons.

The varied toughness of enemies. Some skeletons took several hits, some took a couple of shots, and the one skeleton labeled "Brittle" that broke in one mighty swing.

Mike enthusiasm in the game.

Adjustment suggestion:

Drink animation. I like the drink sound clip, but if your character stopped for a split second, swapped out his weapons really quick to put his health/mana potion in his hand and gulp it down really quick I think it would really add to the "chupacabra, chupacabra, chupacabra" factor. You would have to really judge and make some time to use that potion.

EXP Meter. I know this game is still very early in development so I dont how much is planned to be added later. But I would like if like the Damage indicator showing up when you striked the enemies, if it showed how much EXP you gain when killing an enemy, or if there was an EXP bar somewhere to know how I was progressing.

In the video you mentioned each of the enemies in the game having an interesting backstory, and like Hircus I think it was being a tier 3 hell creature. Earlier I suggested a Bestiary or Almanac in the Ideas & Suggestions Topic, I think it would especially be cool if you guys added it in since you guys plan to give all the enemies backstories.

I think drink animation would be annoying. Especially if I have to stop for a moment.

EXP meter is one of the things I hated in COD4 and other games. I don't care about these things. It kills the immersion and the mood. So plz no flashy numbers this time, it's not Bulletstorm or Necrovision.

What I want to see how the game runs under the new engine. And more demons. I remember I read an early post about flying flaming skull things. Air type enemies are always good and they can change the gameplay. 

I think drink animation would be annoying. Especially if I have to stop for a moment.

EXP meter is one of the things I hated in COD4 and other games. I don't care about these things. It kills the immersion and the mood. So plz no flashy numbers this time, it's not Bulletstorm or Necrovision.

What I want to see how the game runs under the new engine. And more demons. I remember I read an early post about flying flaming skull things. Air type enemies are always good and they can change the gameplayI

Its made to add difficulty, because you have to stop in the middle of a fight and assess when is the best time to use the potion.

"Immersion" is different for everyone, and with that being said I would like the option to view my bar. It gives me a goal of whether to farm, or plow straight through.

Its made to add difficulty, because you have to stop in the middle of a fight and assess when is the best time to use the potion.

"Immersion" is different for everyone, and with that being said I would like the option to view my bar. It gives me a goal of whether to farm, or plow straight through.

Well options are fine as long as you can turn these features off. I'm not a farming guy I play the game as long as I like it. That's why I don't like the progression system in many games. Most of the time these are there just for keep the player in front of the monitor. OC there are many exception and I hope this game will be one of them. 

I'm still not sure about this potion thing. It's not good when the player feels stucked or blocked. Adding cooldown to the potions is better i think and has almost the same effect. You have to choose what potion you drink and you have to calculate when you can drink again. Plus you have your freedom.