Renfur

We are back on the 1/12 Update, temporarily.

Techland's PLS (their server)  is down apparently? We are all on the 1/12 update until they decide to send out the 4/5 files through PLS again. Enjoy the 20 second resource regeneration, 8 meter DFA, 15 Second Zaid Flares, etc. Not sure when exactly it'll be back to normal. This is why the developers need to send out official updates for BTZ, exactly as I stated on the feedback post from Pete.

Felt it IMMEDIATELY in game just a few minutes ago. Zaid flares leaving survivors hanging, survivors with much fewer drop attacks, and the amount of hunter spits/regen. I accused folks of playing 1/12 on purpose. Guess I'm the idiot then. :rolleyes:

And without people knowing what's happening, they have and will continue to blame the game, which is unfortunate.

19 hours ago, Pete Donnelly said:

Should be fixed now! ;)

Hey pete, like u said the PLS files for pvp are fixed, i've done some testing and it seems like looting the nest doesn't give the special rewards like before.
Is this normal? looting alcohol from nests only.

On 5/3/2018 at 6:45 PM, Pete Donnelly said:

Should be fixed now! ;)

Bump. Old patch is back again, not sure if devs are aware or not.

Edited by Renfur

33 minutes ago, Chickeninja said:

Because the Night Hunter should be feared again? I was in fact joking the other day, but like clockwork... apparently. :rolleyes:

Good luck to the island endeavors @ Drakorus btw.

Thanks Chicken :D you in our discord?

On 6/5/2018 at 1:43 PM, Drakorus said:

Thanks Chicken :D you in our discord?

I'm sure to check it out when I have a bit more time to play!

For now, 1/12 is starting to get dull. For all the understanding that the community keeps bringing up in terms of seeing that not everybody's wish list can be fulfilled: 1/12 is what it is. As a hunter, I am among those that feel forced to offer handicaps. And as survivor it's as ugly as watching bad play be rewarded excessively over and over.

Somebody held up a Digital Scapes quote, indicating that the game mode was broken and should be fixed, to which Digital Scapes supposedly replied: "I tried.", implying the impossibility of pleasing everybody. Be that as it may, nobody is asking for the moon here... and if people love 1/12 as an extra Nightmare mode or whatever: I'm cool with leaving the door open for that... And while it may indeed be mathematically impossible to please everybody, in retrospect some updates came a lot closer to the aim of providing enough breadcrumbs for beginners while maintaining a reason for more experienced folk to play.

Nobody demands perfection, but imperfection has a wide spectrum: one value that needs a tweak is a whole different ballgame from letting Hunters perform Katy Perry Fireworks with spits without consequences, 8 meter DFAs, HUD sluggishness, Zaid flare mechanism broken etc... for fans of the game mode to be merely standing around waiting for increasingly unskilled hunters to press q. I guess its summer vacation in Poland or something. :huh: 

7 hours ago, Chickeninja said:

I'm sure to check it out when I have a bit more time to play!

For now, 1/12 is starting to get dull. For all the understanding that the community keeps bringing up in terms of seeing that not everybody's wish list can be fulfilled: 1/12 is what it is. As a hunter, I am among those that feel forced to offer handicaps. And as survivor it's as ugly as watching bad play be rewarded excessively over and over.

Somebody held up a Digital Scapes quote, indicating that the game mode was broken and should be fixed, to which Digital Scapes supposedly replied: "I tried.", implying the impossibility of pleasing everybody. Be that as it may, nobody is asking for the moon here... and if people love 1/12 as an extra Nightmare mode or whatever: I'm cool with leaving the door open for that... And while it may indeed be mathematically impossible to please everybody, in retrospect some updates came a lot closer to the aim of providing enough breadcrumbs for beginners while maintaining a reason for more experienced folk to play.

Nobody demands perfection, but imperfection has a wide spectrum: one value that needs a tweak is a whole different ballgame from letting Hunters perform Katy Perry Fireworks with spits without consequences, 8 meter DFAs, HUD sluggishness, Zaid flare mechanism broken etc... for fans of the game mode to be merely standing around waiting for increasingly unskilled hunters to press q. I guess its summer vacation in Poland or something. :huh: 

Actually we're rebuilding it :) If you are interested in helping balance come join in! We're gonna get this to true esports level.