SPYmaps

effects and lights placing cause huge pauze, why?

When i watch DL mapping tut video's i see them place lights or effects just as easely as you can place a wall
or something. But when i do place a light entitie my editor freezes up for 10 secs or so, same with when i want
to place that entitie that makes it possible to place fire, explotions, etc. (forgot the name right now).
As soon asi placec that entitie the editor also freezes up for 10 secs or so, and, it keeps freezing up with each
thing i do. Say i change color from light, as soon as i click on the field were you can change color the editor
freezes up again. And in those video's this doesn't happen at all. Why is this happening to me?
My computer is powerfull enough for sure to handle the game and editor, so that is not it.

Hope someone can help me with this, because it makes it almost impossible to work with these entities.

Leon

it's normal behavior for me and other people. i think it's the way they published the tools for us non-techland office based newbs. it seems each time you add something the tools have to re-read stuff. idk. it happens to us all, i think.

just know in advance that will happen and think about what you're doing before, and have some patience :)

Thanks Doomguy, yourt right. Really odd, the text from topics and this that i write is almost white, very light grey. Can now sewe what i am doing here and had to select text to be able to read it.?!?!?!?!

3 hours ago, SPYmaps said:

the text from topics and this that i write is almost white

same thing happens here, it's some css rules techland messed up in the coding of the forum when making some changes or something. it'll probably be fixed

edit: change the text color from automatic to black when posting will solve the problem

Edited by doomguy

lets try indeed, well, when we then have to choose for a color, then i choose red, hahaha.

Good idea of you to change colors here, although this only makes the one you just are tying, And it

did go back to automaticly right away when i did something just now, had to choose red again.

Can't releave myself from the impression that Techland is doing this on purpose, why otherwise would

this happen. Then ofcourse is the question;WHY. The forums are already half dead, this will for sure

make them even more unused, (is that the purpose?)

Leon

i dont think its on purpose

its just typical techland mess-ups and time to fix them

unfortunately this is what techland chooses to be: comunity management is practically null, and technical support for their most famous game is also null!

Edited by doomguy

Yes, you could be right! So odd, a good community service and forum managment is these days a must!

And you could say they earned enough money with DL to hire some girl who at least handles the forum, but ok, no prolem.
Did read by the way in another topic, were someone did reply from Techland, that they didn't had much time to react here
and work on apps because they were working on 2 major new games, beside that DL new multiplayer bad, bad blood or something.
This comment was from last month, so good news! 2 new games. Hope a new DL and a new Call of Guarez?!?!

Tried to find that topic back but can't find it so quick, sorry.

Leon

i red that also, about bad blood. honestly, i don't know why they do another multiplayer, if BTZ has nothing but people complaining about cheating and OP sides.

not only that, but this is a not company i like to see; one that develops games, then slowly ignores a strong community and moves onto other games.

we could have techland in the forum, in the developer tools (fixing stuff, adding features for a game people still play and develop custom maps for) and techland making new games.

it looks like they only care about trying to make more successful games. i hope they don't shot themselves in the foot.

yes, dying light can take them so far in terms of money, but its still kinda disappointing that there's not one techland staff left behind (in forums and dev tools).

Edited by doomguy

I again fully agree with you, but i have to be honest and say that i am used to that kind of behavior of big developers/publishers.
I have been mapping with Half Life2 and the episodes 1 and 2 for HL2 the last 10 years or so, made by Valve. And Valve really
is the top when it comes to treading your game fans badly, considdered to Valve Techland really is not so bad yet. Because
Valve not only did not answer through forums, (although a few devs did sometimes answer personal mails in there spare time but
this only happened a few times in 10 years). But more important, Valve kept updating there tools systhem i believ 6 times in 10
years and each time it made that all mods didn't work anymore. I made 5 very large mods with it and i can't tell you how much times
in have had to go back in in those mods and fix all kind of stutt that worked fine before. And not only was it that alone, but at least
3 times it broke things for which was no fix known, also not by Valve itself. So the community had to come up with fixes themselves!!!
From my 5 mods i believe only my last mod, which was released 1,5 years ago, does work. All others are again, broken!!!
I believe Techland had released a update which made that released maps suddenly lost some assets, which made that houses that
before looked great now suddenly missed stuff. At least i have seen many such broken mods in the workshop, and somesaid it
came through a update. So you can imagine how awefull this is, and this techland update only caused some walls to disapear.

But as i said, i fully agree with you. It also keeps amazing me each time these thinsg happen, when companies move on to new games
and leave everyone behind without any support. But it seams that that is game land.

Leon