So, for the past two days ive been trying to get my generic USB controller to work with Dying Light and its giving me a hell of a time. Usually i use Xpadder but in this case i couldnt get the movement and cam right. Mapping keys works flawless but if you cant move and/or use the cam how you want it its pretty much useless. So i went for xbox360ce and after changing some steamcontrollersettings i actually got the game to find/recognise my controller and whats even better, the steering and cam are perfect for me! Problem solved right? Wrong lol. I simply cant get used to the games presets of the controls. I shoot when i want to jump, i throw my graplinghook when i want to crouch and if anyone knows where my "run" button is id love to hear about it cause i cant find it.

Jokes aside, im really getting frustrated over this and i was wondering why we can remap keyboard and mousecontrols but not the joystick ones? Is there a solution for this or do i have to forget about playing with a controller, all feedback is appreciated.

1 hour ago, Renfur said:

You can remap controls in Dying Light/DW/Data0.Pak/data/scripts/inputs/inputs_joystick.scr or something along those lines. 

I read 2 things about that, first was that you could only play co-op with people who had the same modification and second thing was that you could get banned for modifying files? Seem a little harsch for only remapping your controls but i didnt want to risk it anyway. 

You only get banned if you go in VAC Secure game. Techland doesn't ban anyone from the game. There are people out there who use dll files to bypass the game's anticheat. With that you could change the mapping and play with others online but I believe mods should stay offline, regardless of what they are.