Sign in to follow this  
moosedawg

Why can't straw be windrowed or picked up?!

Maybe I'm missing something or it has to do with the "My First Farm" scenario, but a windrower (called "rotary swather" in game) or the Metaltech Roto 10 (forage trailer) does nothing on straw. Why?! The only thing that will pick up straw is the baler (thank goodness something does). Cut vegetation on the ground should be able to be windrowed and picked up with a forage trailer regardless of what it is. If you're going to bale straw, why wouldn't you want to windrow it just like you do for grass (to make silage/haylage bales) and hay? Is there a legitimate reason for this, I certainly don't see one, and seems like a huge oversight.

I can't say why but the trailer seems to be only for grass to make loading the grass storage easier?  And the baler is for grass and straw

Well, the one and only windrower in the game is actually bad cause it will only windrow one row at a time. 

1 hour ago, gtasthehunter said:

Well, the one and only windrower in the game is actually bad cause it will only windrow one row at a time. 

Yeah, I don't understand why they put that in the game. Isn't very useful. 

22 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

Well, there is a real windrower like it or similar to it that seen one like it in a video. Not that long ago.

17 hours ago, gtasthehunter said:

Well, there is a real windrower like it or similar to it that seen one like it in a video. Not that long ago.

Its useful if your mower doesn't windrow but in Pure Farming the harvesters and self-propelled mowers dump in neat rows by default. One of the machines I've never purchased in the game.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:27 AM, cd_BE said:

Agreed, it's more like a tedder/kicker than a windrower imo. I sometimes harvest my fields in a circle for giggles, and I was hoping to put the straw into more manageable rows for bailing, which is how I found out it won't work on straw, which just makes NO sense to me.  So, no more crop circles for me, lol! ;)