To keep this short today during an invasion i noticed that some damage was under what it had previously been 2 days prior. When playing against  2 humans as the hunter a 2 handed attack would do 120 damage to me yet today i tested as both human and hunter in a 1v2 it only did just over 100 damage. So far i have noticed changes to damage from several attacks im not entirely sure what the old exact values were but from testing i found:

1 Handed weapons 42 damage , 1 Handed weapon thrown ~104 damage

2 Handed Weapon ~104 damage 

Tackle 24 damage 

These were the main changes i could see from a quick test, bows and crossbows seemed fine (taking into account the crossbow nerf) and even drop kick still did 51 damage which is hard to forget when you get drop kicked all the time in btz. Although the reduction isnt much it does effect the hits to kill amount when dealing with the hunter as for as long as i have been playing btz 3 hits from a 1 hander was needed to kill however 3 hits will leave the hunter with 24hp therefore requiring 4 hits now. Tackle doing 24 damage rather than the previous 30 would alone make several damage tactics fail such as throwing a 1 handed weapon then tackling which used to do a nice rounded 150 damage 120 from weapon and 30 from tackle but now it totals 128 damage or 2 handed swing then tackle which also used to do 150 total exactly the same as 1 handed throw tackle. 

I don't know if i just missed a patch but it seems weird that the damage was different from 2 days ago let me know if I'm missing something.

Edited by matt.colqhoun

They reduced damages in team matches last time at january. Yesterday, maybe at the same time you were playing, came newest balance patch but im not sure how it affects to damage values since I havent played it yet. According to patch notes they kept dmg untouched.

Keep in mind that heres atleast three really easy ways to block/bypass those online tweaks on PC. Humans get advantage by doing that since base damage without patch is higher. Also DFA range is much shorter. I’ve seen this few times and especially in team matches its hard to spot if someone does extra damage.

Though remember things like tackleslice/charged hits before suspecting anyone as cheater. Also DFA is still bit wonky: sometimes it wont trigger even if the drop distance and aim seems to be perfect. And sometimes dfa starts from 50cm drop even it shouldnt be any way possible.

I’d keep testing damages still now when we are sure that new patch is online. It may be that damages were tweaked bit yesterday.

Edited by Bub

4 hours ago, Bub said:

Keep in mind that heres atleast three really easy ways to block/bypass those online tweaks on PC. Humans get advantage by doing that since base damage without patch is higher. Also DFA range is much shorter. I’ve seen this few times and especially in team matches its hard to spot if someone does extra damage.

They patched this by including the update from 1/12 into the game files. 

Sadly, they decided to do the update via PLS again instead of an actual update so now if someone bypasses, they will have the damages from the 1/12 update and all of the Hunter buffs from 1/12. :v 

When I get home I will compare the damage mapping files from 1/12 and 4/5 and see all that they changed. Will edit this comment later with the changes once I do so  

Edited by Renfur
No Damage Mapping was changed.*

I just found out it seems no matter how many humans you are facing drop kick will always do 51 damage which makes absolutely no sense to me if everything else receives damage changes due to the number of humans then why does one of the easiest to spam moves not get lower damage?