Sign in to follow this  
XxKIA-RAPIDzZxX

Map Size?

We haven't really had enough information about the map size, I have seen two areas, a slum area and an 'Old Town' are both of these maps going to be in the game? Or just give us an idea of the size of the map. I hope its bigger than Dead Islands.

Edited by XxKIA-RAPIDzZxX

Hello Kia-Rapidzz,

That's a bit of a tough one to answer, but let me give it a go.

There will be two main areas where the gameplay will take place, and each of those is at least the size of the whole Dead Island game world. So pretty much, it is at least double in size of Dead Island. However, it doesn't stop there.

Because of our Natural Movement system (the "parkour"), the city becomes more accessible, ie rooftops, buildings, etc etc. It gives the map a further "vertical" factor (more places to run and be awesome), which is a bit hard to quantify. 

I hope this helps you out and gives you an idea of the world's size.  

Hello Kia-Rapidzz,

That's a bit of a tough one to answer, but let me give it a go.

There will be two main areas where the gameplay will take place, and each of those is at least the size of the whole Dead Island game world. So pretty much, it is at least double in size of Dead Island. However, it doesn't stop there.

Because of our Natural Movement system (the "parkour"), the city becomes more accessible, ie rooftops, buildings, etc etc. It gives the map a further "vertical" factor (more places to run and be awesome), which is a bit hard to quantify. 

I hope this helps you out and gives you an idea of the world's size.  

Thank you ever so much for the quick reply

Seems as though its going to be very big!

Edited by XxKIA-RAPIDzZxX

If the Map size is as big as they say, what about Underground levels? Is it going to be as big as the Surface maps? Like sewers and such. Oh and a quick. question

Will there be underground exploration in the game? And if so, How much can we expect to find and such?

Edited by Deadly_Jack

The different places in Dead Island had a loading screen that was fairly quick, but my question is that will the 2 main cities be separated in the same way or will they be accessible by free running there? It would be amazing to just go on a trip with your friends to the Old Town from the Slums.

I would love it if they expanded a lot on the underground element of the map. It would be interesting to see what they could come up with.

Pece