Sign in to follow this  
Mr Squealypig

Wish there was something I could do...

I'm having a lot of fun playing this game and I am really happy with a lot of the changes that have been implemented with the patches, but it seems this game has been cursed from the start with strange issues that don't make any sense (like how adding new vehicles could result in them spawning at some random part of the map all of a sudden).

You can tell the developers have been working very hard from release to improve the game, making hundreds of player-requested changes in the span of a few weeks while trying to fix all the resulting bugs. I've never seen so many changes to a game, even from publishers who probably have ten times the number of staff. It appears the team pulled an overnight shift to try and get things right for consoles and hopefully this new 1.03 will do the trick.

I would love to have a million games to choose from in my favorite genre, so I am hoping the black cloud hanging over this game doesn't close the door on Pure Farming becoming a regular series with many iterations to come. My last favorite game (Afrika for PS3) was also plagued by glitches and basically killed the idea of photography simulation games on console, so I hope enough people will continue to play this game to make it viable for Techland/IceFlames to continue working on it.

If there was something I could do to convince people to ride this thing out and give it a chance, I would!

11 minutes ago, Mr Squealypig said:

I'm having a lot of fun playing this game and I am really happy with a lot of the changes that have been implemented with the patches, but it seems this game has been cursed from the start with strange issues that don't make any sense (like how adding new vehicles could result in them spawning at some random part of the map all of a sudden).

You can tell the developers have been working very hard from release to improve the game, making hundreds of player-requested changes in the span of a few weeks while trying to fix all the resulting bugs. I've never seen so many changes to a game, even from publishers who probably have ten times the number of staff. It appears the team pulled an overnight shift to try and get things right for consoles and hopefully this new 1.03 will do the trick.

I would love to have a million games to choose from in my favorite genre, so I am hoping the black cloud hanging over this game doesn't close the door on Pure Farming becoming a regular series with many iterations to come. My last favorite game (Afrika for PS3) was also plagued by glitches and basically killed the idea of photography simulation games on console, so I hope enough people will continue to play this game to make it viable for Techland/IceFlames to continue working on it.

If there was something I could do to convince people to ride this thing out and give it a chance, I would!

The developers should have been working long hours, tirelessly on "Testing" the game on different platforms BEFORE the game was released. Then they wouldn't be having these problems. The game is broken and needs to be put out of it's misery. Here's what you do. Go get a can of lighter fluid. Squirt some fluid onto the game. Toss a lit match onto the game. Watch as your worries drift away in smoke. Your welcome.

You don't have to convince me. I'm stubborn and have hopes for this game to be successful because like you I want tons of games in this genre. To me it is evident they are trying hard to fix it. I just hope it doesn't take too long. 

I saw you mention your last favorite game in another post so I looked into it and have put it in my queue to rent. I can't buy it because I'm certainly not going to pay $50+ for a PS3 game which is the going price on Amazon. How playable it will be remains to be seen.