I just had the same issue with the sprayer when I tried using it on a field that was just sown, however on the ones that were grown it works no problem. Seems I have to figure out at what stage it works for the irrigating. Do you have any idea about that?

Sorry no, I’m still trying to suss out fieldwork (and workers) and still have loads of open questions myself! Not done a huge amount of it due to time passing so quickly and my greenhouses always need attention.

Is there an indicator for when the field needs plowing? When do fields need spraying? Is cultivating beneficial if you have already plowed? Also still trying to get a handle on the minimal colour coding.

Well, this is what I know so far -- a field can be ploughed directly after harvest; a field can be sprayed when its status is growing; personally I cultivate all my fields, even the wheat ones, I think it should be beneficial, otherwise why is there a percentage indicator for it (?).

When you say colour coding do you mean the change in a field's colour when you irrigate it, etc? If yes, I look at a field from a distance in order to spot missed patches of land easily, hope it helps.

Edit: Are you playing on PC or a console?

Edited by smoking_jay

The colour coding I’m talking about on the mini map - currently I’m remembering what I’ve done on a field but I’m presuming it’s offering me clues as to what the field status is, I just don’t know what they are.

I'm on PS4 but starting to wish I’d got it on PC.

9 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I'm on PS4 but starting to wish I’d got it on PC.

They will solve the console problems. We have to wait a bit longer, but just think they are beta testing on PC so they know what to do for the console farmers.

3 hours ago, cd_BE said:

They will solve the console problems. We have to wait a bit longer, but just think they are beta testing on PC so they know what to do for the console farmers.

The constant crashes were partly behind my comment but also mods and seeing the game in it’s full glory. Seriously tempted to get my next farming game on PC. I do just like the pick up and play of consoles though.

1 hour ago, FarmerJimbob said:

The constant crashes were partly behind my comment but also mods and seeing the game in it’s full glory. Seriously tempted to get my next farming game on PC. I do just like the pick up and play of consoles though.

Nooo!!  You must resist the power of the dark side. Do not get near PC games or there is no turning back. Besides, you will wish you stayed when you see how powerful the PS5 is going to be.

3 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

It's true that mods keeps a game a life. Sadly, I only have a mac environment and games on a mac is apparently not really done. 

I think you have to Irrigate before doing anything else or at least maybe before sowing? and the campaign only lets you use works on Field no.3 unless you buy your own fields cause on the fields #4 a #1 can't seem to get workers work on those fields till after the campaign at least on the ps4. 

I always irrigate the day after sowing. When the first crops pop out. 

you get green water droplets icons on the field. But I don't think crops yield more. Stays the same...

8 hours ago, cd_BE said:

I always irrigate the day after sowing. When the first crops pop out. 

you get green water droplets icons on the field. But I don't think crops yield more. Stays the same...

That is likely spraying with what would be pesticides but listed as fertilizer on PS4 for some reason, spraying isn't the same as irrigation.