Gabrielmpf

Crop suggestions

Hi,

One of the things I love most about the game is the variety of different crops and how they are tied to different locations.

Some of the crops I'd like to see in the game in the future:

Tea - As with coffee, possibly tied to a new region, maybe India.

Cotton - Possibly in China.

Banana / Pineapple - Here, it could be added to the Colombian map, since it's a tropical region.

Peaches / Apricots - Maybe linked to Italy.

Pumpkins / Carrots - For more greenhouse variety in the USA map.

Strawberry / Or any other Berry fruits - Also, maybe tied to the greenhouses in the USA map

Nut Tree Orchards - Walnut, Chestnut, Pine, Hazel, Almond... These would be awesome to have. Maybe in another Mediterranean map: Spain, Greece or Turkey... or Portugal, we do have them in here as well :)

Since several maps are already made and finding new areas for more orchards would be difficult, you could have a similar option to change orchard trees as the one you have for the greenhouses. That way, you wouldn't have to compromise on the map layout.

Hope you guys give these some thought and consideration.

To me, personally, I prefer this type of add-ons than just more machines. It's what gets me invested in this type of games.

Thank You, and Happy Farming!

Gabriel

Let them first focus on a farming experience for console gamers. We still have to wait for our first patch and then we can think about crop suggestions and the new machines that are needed to plant/harvest them.

But I like the Banana / Pineapple suggestion. Should we train monkeys to get the banana's out of tries? Or was that for coconuts. 

I'm a console gamer as well (XB1). I'm also waiting for the patch, especially for the Real Time feature.

But, it doesn't hurt to get them to notice that we'd like even more variety when it comes to new crops. As I said, I prefer new crops or maps than new machines.

I also like your coconut suggestion. No monkeys needed :). I'm sure they have machines for that :P. If not, they can have the same feature as the orchards, where the fruit is already in a box ready to collect.

Couldn’t agree with you more on the corn. What they really need to do is allow for placeables where you can add building and stuff so the game isn’t so vanilla. Maybe that way you could replace a field with orchard or an orchard with green house who knows. Also you could build your own farm with different structures. That way when you play your not playing the same boring map over and over. Depending on what you farm or how there is always a better way to design your farm around your needs.

just my two cents

I'd like to also have corn in the game, but since the competition already has it and I've dedicated well over 500 hours to it, I didn't mind it much.

But anything that expands on the already varied crop types, I'm up for it.

Placeables would be a nice touch to personalize our own game. I hope they will add them in the near future, maybe with mods, and hopefully on console as well.

11 hours ago, Gabrielmpf said:

I'd like to also have corn in the game, but since the competition already has it and I've dedicated well over 500 hours to it, I didn't mind it much.

Exactly my thoughts - what I really wanted from Pure Farming was new and different crops and therefore activities so I’m happy with what we got. 

Indeed. They didn't just tried to copy FS like some other farm clones did. Well, I only know two other games besides these two, but still...

They had their own ideas for the game, and I'm happy that, despite all the shortcomings, hopefully overcome in the next updates, the game is so much fun to play, even more so than FS in some areas, which is not easy to accomplish.

So, keep up the good work, guys, and keep the new crops coming! :D

On 3/23/2018 at 8:57 AM, Gabrielmpf said:

Hi,

One of the things I love most about the game is the variety of different crops and how they are tied to different locations.

Some of the crops I'd like to see in the game in the future:

Tea - As with coffee, possibly tied to a new region, maybe India.

Cotton - Possibly in China.

Banana / Pineapple - Here, it could be added to the Colombian map, since it's a tropical region.

Peaches / Apricots - Maybe linked to Italy.

Pumpkins / Carrots - For more greenhouse variety in the USA map.

Strawberry / Or any other Berry fruits - Also, maybe tied to the greenhouses in the USA map

Nut Tree Orchards - Walnut, Chestnut, Pine, Hazel, Almond... These would be awesome to have. Maybe in another Mediterranean map: Spain, Greece or Turkey... or Portugal, we do have them in here as well :)

Since several maps are already made and finding new areas for more orchards would be difficult, you could have a similar option to change orchard trees as the one you have for the greenhouses. That way, you wouldn't have to compromise on the map layout.

Hope you guys give these some thought and consideration.

To me, personally, I prefer this type of add-ons than just more machines. It's what gets me invested in this type of games.

Thank You, and Happy Farming!

Gabriel

This is a very good suggestions for the game hopefully they listen and put some in the next update...

Don't count on it. Based on recent updates and how "frequent" they are, this kind of content won't see the light of day for at least another 6 months.

I already stopped playing, and only a major content update will make me return, provided they get rid of all the major bugs.

So basically when that other farming simulator game is out they think they have fixed everything for console farmers... I wonder who will still playing this game in 6 months.

I think they should stop with this game for console, and start a new build for console for Pure Farming 2020. I gladly help them test it and write some sort of farmer story and quest to do.
I still think this game has potential, but the time it will take to fix this 
has a pernicious effect on Pure Farming 2018 :huh:

Yeah, that's exactly the thing. FS 19 is just around the corner and by the time it comes out, nobody will care about this game. They missed a great opportunity to make this game a real contender in the farming genre.

Now, they need go back to the drawing board and start anew. I've moved on.

But hey, seeing things from a different perspective, I got over 350 hours of game time out of this. In practical terms, that's more than the time I put into about 90% of games I get. So, in the end, I got my money's worth, so I'm not that upset. Pretty good for a mediocre game in terms of technical achievement.

This game was a great introduction to the genre for me, I’ve not played a farm sim before and spent a decent number of very enjoyable hours on it. I have switched to playing FS17 now as I got that on a great deal on psn, and wanted a bit more variety than PF is currently offering. That and the bugs. I’m keeping it installed and waiting for the next PS4 update though as I’m looking forward to see how it develops.