Sign in to follow this  
nma1985

World farming flaw

Ok so one of the perks I liked with this game was being able to farm in multiple locations right. Then you realize that workers stop when you leave and there’s no way to check on crops. I feel like if I’m farming in multiple locations I should be able to check on all locations in the tablet. What I hope is that with a future update, still waiting on the first, we be given the option to monitor workers and crops all over the lands we own. I should be able to start my workers sowing in Columbia and go to Italy to harvest my grapes/olives and the worker not stop

I think this is a MUST for world play... otherwise it isn't world play...its regional and you can only do things where you are...as opposed to having people do things for you while you are away

30 minutes ago, bostonjohnny1226 said:

Excellent idea. I didnt realize they stopped once you left. Sounds like my real job

With the time that flies by and the 6 hour to go from country to country it's good they stop or you lose money. 

^^ loss of money....not so sure... if they are plowing a field then stop when the field is complete I am not sure how it is a waste of money... they would have done the same whether I was there or not...

Honestly I would rather lose a little cash and them finish I mean seriously I went to Columbia while my worker was planting during the campaign and I came back to a field with the 3 strips of wheat he planted before I left grown and the rest of the field empty... I expected them to keep going lol

12 hours ago, farmguy said:

^^ loss of money....not so sure... if they are plowing a field then stop when the field is complete I am not sure how it is a waste of money... they would have done the same whether I was there or not...

I ment that my crops are overripe when I return home. And ripeness toward decay = loss of money. 

2 hours ago, cd_BE said:

I ment that my crops are overripe when I return home. And ripeness toward decay = loss of money. 

I think thats the farm management aspect of the game as was intended - you need to make sure you're in the right place at the right time. Admittedly this is difficult at the moment with time moving so fast - I can barely work 2 farms effectively at the moment and have to plan so that not too much is going on at any time. I think the tablet should offer a bit more help with reporting state of crop growth (across all countries) and some of the crop growing times could be slowed down a bit, although I'll wait for real time and see if I still have that view.

also as mentioned by others earlier... the tablet HAS got to give you more info on the fields worldwide if farming in 4 or 5 countries is going to work at all... it is an imperative... also not sure if I am missing it or not... but the tablet does not give growth status for orchards... should it not do that as well ?

5 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I think thats the farm management aspect of the game as was intended - you need to make sure you're in the right place at the right time. Admittedly this is difficult at the moment with time moving so fast - I can barely work 2 farms effectively at the moment and have to plan so that not too much is going on at any time. I think the tablet should offer a bit more help with reporting state of crop growth (across all countries) and some of the crop growing times could be slowed down a bit, although I'll wait for real time and see if I still have that view.

I agree. I fan of the farm management. But now I'm off to japan and sold everything in Montana. Now I'm working a farm in Japan, no more crashes so that's something. Also checked out the DLC map Germany the sheep are a nice touch but I thought it would be bigger.