Sign in to follow this  
SwEeT_PiCkLeS

Workers (Large Plow)

When worker is using "Large Plow"  he seems to struggle badly when using it. He does a good job when using small/medium plows except he sometimes leaves unplowed area when he's finished with the field.

1. Turning the "Large Plow" when at the end of the field.

2. "Large Plow" will hop up into the air or stay in the air as he plows, not touching the field.

3. Leaves random unplowed areas at each end of the field and strips of unplowed areas in the middle of the field.

I generally hate plowing but I actually enjoy it with the large plow in Pure Farming so don't tend to use workers to have experienced this issue. But I have noticed the worker has an issue with the large Great Plains seeder - the seeder takes an age to start working so the worker is normally halfway across the field before getting any seed in the ground. Ive also noticed they sometimes disagree with where you set them up for a field and they perform a 90 degree turn, while seeding, to run their way around the field.

To be fair the seeder does take forever to ready itself - I set off early a few times myself. Fortunately I discovered that the cog icon lights up only when it is absolutely ready to seed which is a better indicator than trying to assess visually or waiting until seed starts getting used.

4 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I generally hate plowing but I actually enjoy it with the large plow in Pure Farming so don't tend to use workers to have experienced this issue. But I have noticed the worker has an issue with the large Great Plains seeder - the seeder takes an age to start working so the worker is normally halfway across the field before getting any seed in the ground. Ive also noticed they sometimes disagree with where you set them up for a field and they perform a 90 degree turn, while seeding, to run their way around the field.

I agree, but these issues need to be fixed ASAP regardless of how you like to play. But leave the Ferti and Seeder setting(Worker doesn't use seed/ferti) Love it!

6 minutes ago, SwEeT_PiCkLeS said:

I agree, but these issues need to be fixed ASAP regardless of how you like to play. 

Absolutely, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I just haven't seen the issue due to my new found love for plowing! I will get bored of it at some point though and want workers to do it for me. The patch apparently has some worker fixes so fingers crossed this will quickly be resolved.

On 3/22/2018 at 5:11 AM, FarmerJimbob said:

they sometimes disagree with where you set them up for a field and they perform a 90 degree turn, while seeding, to run their way around the field.

Teleport to a field and where you end up seems to be where workers want to start from either that or from the same side or the closest corner!  Even if you start in this corner they might go to the other side and then back to the same corner and start over again if not lined up correctly!

Also, try to start a worker in center of a field and see where they head to.  maybe check different ways they are facing too.

On 22/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, FarmerJimbob said:

Ive also noticed they sometimes disagree with where you set them up for a field and they perform a 90 degree turn, while seeding, to run their way around the field.

I think that happens when you plow in different directions. I have the feeling they follow the plow path/direction. If you know what I mean.

45 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

I think that happens when you plow in different directions. I have the feeling they follow the plow path/direction. If you know what I mean.

You sir r correct. If your worker starts plowing in a certain direction, he will continue to plow in that direction. Even if you try to plow in opposite direction from where he started, he will go back to his original direction. Nobody how much money you pay your worker, he will do what he wants. :D:huh::rolleyes:     #Unionworkers