Sign in to follow this  
Mr Squealypig

PS4 Review

After playing the game a few days I think I have seen enough of what Pure Farming 2018 has to offer to come to a verdict on how much I like the game.

In short, I absolutely love this game and it is a real joy to play. It is not perfect, but having closely followed the development I have seen plenty of evidence that Techland/IceFlames truly do care about player feedback and complaints. Nearly all of the issues players have come across are being addressed in the first patch and they have done a great job giving detailed updates on what they are working on. Whatever you may think about the game, you have to admit that the developers are working hard to meet our demands.

So what makes Pure Farming so fun?

1. The locations.

-The devs have done an amazing job capturing the atmosphere of the locations in the game. Each one is truly unique and a pleasure to work in.

2. The variety of activities.

-Field farming, orchards, greenhouses, and livestock are all equally engaging and give you plenty to do to occupy your time.

3. The sound design.

-I cannot overstate how good the sound effects in this game are. It creates a very relaxing and upbeat tone that I honestly have not experienced since playing my favorite game of all time (Afrika on PS3). As someone who typically listens to music or youtube videos while playing games, I shut everything off when playing Pure Farming. I could fall asleep listening to the sound of fruits plopping into your trailer on a loop.

4. The convenience.

-The best description for this game is user-friendly. The mini map and full map, the tablet, the drone, the vehicle selection wheel, and pretty much every interface in the game is designed to make things easy.

5. The crops.

-The developers really hit it out of the park with the crop selection and gave us some unique experiences we may never have seen in other farming games. They did such a good job and I hope there will be even more to come as they have hinted at the possibility of new locations being added later down the road.

Now with all that said, this is an honest review and there are still some things that I would like fixed or changed in the future. I would personally really like:

-The farmer to have a flashlight

-All livestock to require feeding

-To be able to deliver bottles of milk to homes

But overall I am very happy with where the game is at and it will only get better from here on out. I'm really excited to see what will be added after they get through fixing bugs and this game could very well make it into my top 5 games of all time.

What do you guys think?

Edited by krd1749

Everyone immediately compares it to Giants Farming Simulator... all the naysayers on the Giants Forum who are critical of it and have an opinion without actually playing it.. say it's chupacabra... but to be perfectly honest I am finding it more engaging and actually prefer the gameplay thusfar to FS17.

To me Giants Farming Simulator has always been an endless grind for the sake of grinding to get more money and buy things without any actual goals....other than the trophies on PSN which took less than a month. Pure gives you things to do.

Pure to me is just so much more diverse and there are tonnes of things to do in 4 or 5 different countries which all have their own crops and crop specific equipment. The best thing is that you can switch maps at ANY time and if you want take some of your equipment with you.

That is all I have at the moment... kind of just a perview if anyone is thinking about it... some say the graphics aren't as good as FS.. I don't mind them.. I wouldn't say they are worse it's just a different gaming engine... I have seen the photos Giants have released for FS19 graphics and yeah they are pretty but if they do nothing to improve gameplay... its just putting lipstick on a pig.

As far as I am concerned the gameplay and farm management far exceeds that provided by Giants Farming Simulator and if anything Pure is more of a "farming simulator" than Giants Farming Simulator ever has been.. Giants version is just a farming equipment simulator... and nothing more ...

100% agree with all the above. I have played FS15 & FS17 for more hours than I care to admit but I totally appreciate what Pure Farming is and what it isn't and what it offers that the others currently don't. There's room for both games for any virtual farmer in my opinion so I really don't understand the people that criticise Pure Farming for not being a clone of FS or working in the same way, a lot of them are dismissing it out of hand which is bizarre as the competition will only make both games better in the long run. They seem to see PF as some sort of threat which must be quashed immediately or that admitting it is good would devalue their beloved FS in some way. 

I think much of what PF has brought (while a bit rough around some of the edges) over the other offerings is a leap forward for farming games and will likely shape FS19 in some respects. Kudos to the developers of Pure Farming for being bold enough to break new ground with this game rather than just churning out a clone. 

You guys hit the nail on the head. If you are a fan of farming games you should want as much variety and as many competitors as possible. I don't understand the mentality behind thinking that there can only be one game and anything else should be ridiculed for even trying to provide players with a different experience.

I know I will be playing both Farming Simulator and Pure Farming and maybe even another game if something like Farmer's Dynasty comes to consoles too.