Wescool12

Question about hiring workers

Doesn’t currently work on fields 1 or 4 in campaign mode and seems to work sporadically on other fields. On PS4 it’s triangle when you position at the field though sometimes it helps if you start the work off yourself.

I was amazed earlier when it gave me the option for baling but the worker did a really weird job and when I sacked him my game went crazy so won’t be doing that again. Not sure you can sell bales anyway so it seems pointless making too many of them.

12 hours ago, FarmerJimbob said:

Doesn’t currently work on fields 1 or 4 in campaign mode and seems to work sporadically on other fields. On PS4 it’s triangle when you position at the field though sometimes it helps if you start the work off yourself.

The fields in campaign mode you do in other countries have the same problem. Or maybe you just can hire someone to harvest coffee for you.

48 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

When you complete campaign mode and the game effectively reverts to a free farming game workers will work on the fields they didn’t in campaign mode (1&3).

Yeah, I notice that too. Sadly I didn't complete al the side quest in campaign mode... I payed to loan back to fast. 

22 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

Yeah, I notice that too. Sadly I didn't complete al the side quest in campaign mode... I payed to loan back to fast. 

*Spoiler alert*

Doh! I had a hunch that paying off the loan would be the end of the campaign and since no instalments were being taken daily for it I kept that loan until the very end. I did do a lot of the side quests before finishing Japan thinking that might be the end but of course it wasn't and the last side quest only popped up towards the very end - it was only by luck I was in the map and spotted the side quest option reappeared as I was doing the milk delivery.

And I have the feeling they are times. Not only when you do them but as soon as you spot them. I found one, didn't have the funds to complete it, so I didn't do it. And now it's gone. So if that's the case I have to start a new campaign... 

11 minutes ago, cd_BE said:

And I have the feeling they are times. Not only when you do them but as soon as you spot them. I found one, didn't have the funds to complete it, so I didn't do it. And now it's gone. So if that's the case I have to start a new campaign... 

Not sure about that - I turned down a lot of missions because I wasn't geared up to do them at that time but went back to them later. I left the plowing one for example until I had enough funds for the large plow and a tractor strong enough to pull it. Fortunately I didn't fail any but I did accept a couple not realising I would have to hustle to grow the crop in time to get the job done.

2 minutes ago, FarmerJimbob said:

Not sure about that - I turned down a lot of missions because I wasn't geared up to do them at that time but went back to them later. I left the plowing one for example until I had enough funds for the large plow and a tractor strong enough to pull it. Fortunately I didn't fail any but I did accept a couple not realising I would have to hustle to grow the crop in time to get the job done.

That's why it's necessary to have crops in storage so that when the need is there, you can fill it. 

I'm currently saving to buy some pears orchids for a restaurant...

2 hours ago, cd_BE said:

That's why it's necessary to have crops in storage so that when the need is there, you can fill it. 

I'm currently saving to buy some pears orchids for a restaurant...

I should have been clearer when I said crop, it wasn't a grain - it was the same as your scenario, I needed tomatoes I think so had to buy a greenhouse, get it set up and wait for some to grow.

1 hour ago, FarmerJimbob said:

I should have been clearer when I said crop, it wasn't a grain - it was the same as your scenario, I needed tomatoes I think so had to buy a greenhouse, get it set up and wait for some to grow.

Luckily when you don't accept the task you have more time to grow the necessary crops.