Sign in to follow this  
AnxiousShadow

Absolutely unplayable on PS4, save data corruption

My first save lasted 20 hours or so, the game freezes every 20 min so it's no surprise it got corrupted

I shook it off, started a second file, no more that 5 hours it corrupted.

So I guess I am done for now, is this even being addressed?

DYuiCzCWAAEj8V3.jpg

Please make sure u back up your save to the cloud ever so often, or if ur not ps plus do usb backup if you can.

I have not, but I sent them a tweet, I will def do a support ticket as well, because I want this issue to be known and worked on asap. I know console patches take way longer than pc, but hopefully they "know".

Edited by AnxiousShadow

That must be frustrating as hell. I get game crashes all the time but so far (touch wood) I've not had a corrupted save file. Did the game crash while saving or did it all seem fine until you went to load your game and it came up with that? I flip-flop between a couple of save files in the hope that if I do get a corruption I can revert to the slightly older one. I'm saving after every task I do at the moment so I don't lose too much work. 

I don't think I've had a game crash on any other farm than Montana and, maybe I've just been lucky here, I've not had a crash while doing the challenges.

You say you have only had the game freeze on montana? I may try a farm somewhere else

Um, never crashed while saving ..almost always when either 1.Clicking the stick to bring up my vehicle wheel or map, or 2. going into the sleep circle. I think the freeze only happens on menu transitions.

Also my 2nd file that corrupted wasn't even caused by a game crash, I went and saved ...example I had $75 in my account, my last save had $45. When I saved I noticed it did not change the $45 to the updated balance in the save description.

So I closed the game normally, loaded it a back up and sure enough it was corrupted

Edited by AnxiousShadow

Or try the challenges - as I say, not had any problems with them so far. Although if I did that would be a nightmare as some of them would be rather tedious to repeat. 

My game crashes occur when switching vehicles, changing countries or going into the pause menu most of the time. I don't use the sleep cycle normally - I use the night to tend to my greenhouses. I did have a weird case of the clock going crazy - I think maybe it didn't tick over to the next calendar day and the time read 117:24 or something. Every few seconds I got a notification about some greenhouse veg being spoiled. I thought this might have corrupted so saved as a new file and then reloaded, fortunately it was ok.

Ok so I tempted fate with yesterday's post - I have now had a corrupted save file. Ironically it was a little while after I had backed up to PS+. It was the oldest of the 3 save files I had on the go at the time and, not sure if this had anything to do with it, I think it was the only one which was still from when I was in campaign mode (I then completed campaign so the 2 others were free farming mode). I'm now working with 9 save files to be on the safe side, lol.

15 minutes ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear this. We are working to release an update that will fix the crashing issues asap.

Can you please raise a support ticket at http://support.techland.pl/support/tickets/new - our team will investigate this and hopefully find a solution.

Every time the game crashes I submit the PS4 report with video clip and screenshot - does that come back to the developers or just stay with Sony?

From what I've experienced the crashes are pretty much exclusively on the Montana map, and typically occur when switching vehicles, bringing up the pause menu or travelling to other countries. Mostly now it happens when bringing up the pause menu but thats probably because I'm trying to save the game every 5 minutes so is probably a symptom rather than the root cause. I would guess since the Montana map is the largest and has the most equipment on it the problem might be an out of memory kind of issue?

35 minutes ago, James Gallagher said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear this. We are working to release an update that will fix the crashing issues asap.

Can you please raise a support ticket at http://support.techland.pl/support/tickets/new - our team will investigate this and hopefully find a solution.

24 minutes ago, James Gallagher said:

Yes, that will be addressed in the next patch. Sorry you've been having to put up with those issues.

But as I see in the Patch topic, in reply to @Tamking question about the next console patch. That one will include a fix for the random crashes on PS4. So that's another 2/3 weeks we have to crash play/farm... 

I'm wondering if we (console gamers) get some sort of free DLC for this burden :D