Sign in to follow this  
Yourex4

COWS! Massive joke!

Well it was another day full of adventures with Pure Farming (rather Pure Joke). 

Cows:

1. The pasture/barn is ridiculously small even if u upgrade. Cows stand outside only.

2. Cows models are poor.

3. Cow food is unlimited to buy and right next to the barn.

4. Mixing wagon is the size of a bale (bale is 500 kg) yet it holds 6000 kg (machine description is saying 6000 liters so please make up your mind). So as you can see it holds 12 bales! Incredible compacting!

5. I've made a silage bale, yet if you put it into mixer it is grass!

6. There is a silo on the farm, yet u can not make silage in it, its just for grass!

7. There is a nice big grass harwester/mower, yet u can not plant grass on your fields and you are forced to use wild grass.

8. There isn't any guide on how to make a power food for cows!

9. Cows don't need water!

10. After i've put so much efford into all of that the game just crashed (i play on ps pro)

Overall the cows is a BIG joke to me. Not even close to fs 13.

I think the cow models are pretty decent, I'm not so sure about the pigs however. And at least when I have bought 45 cows I can see 45 cows on my farm!! The pen attached to the barn doesn't get much bigger when you upgrade but I like that the others go into the large pasture where the milking is done.

I'm also not sure about silage - I wrapped some bales but like you said the mixer saw them as grass. Unless it takes some time, but then how could you tell when they're done fermenting?

Generally I quite like how animals are done in Pure Farming, I agree they should need water although I have enough things to water on the farm already so I'm not complaining about that. 

So I prepared some more cow fodder a couple of days after the last time I tried with the wrapped bales and this time they were recognised as silage. I presume then there is a period of time for them to ferment (as it should be) but I've not seen any telltale in-game for when they are fully fermented. I mixed straw, hay (grass) and silage bales in equal amounts and I got the achievement so I guess thats the right mix.

I hope with the patch they will add some sort of indicator so you watch the progress. 

I know in real life a farmer has to see it. But in real life time doesn't move this fast that when you work on one field the other goes bad.

I make money with green energy now. And work on 1 field... Not as fun as it should be, but this way I don't lose crops.