Sign in to follow this  
FarmerJimbob

Pig Trading (Side Quest)

I have a bit of a problem with this mission. When I spoke to the farmer he says he has pigs that just need transporting but when I accept the mission and go to the pen (pigsty 2) it says it’s my property and there are no pigs. Also the first time I went there (after accepting the mission) I was able to buy piglets but not fodder. Not sure it mattered as the pigs were unlikely to mature in time to sell them for the mission anyway. 

So I went back to an older save to put pigs and fodder in the sty before accepting the mission so they’d have time to mature and this time I was able to buy fodder but not piglets. After accepting the mission I can again buy piglets but not fodder (although it’s at 100% so that might be an issue) however it would be touch and go again as to whether the pigs mature before the mission expires.

As a work around I have bought another pigsty where I can purchase both piglets and fodder before accepting the mission and started rearing the animals there.

So I’m wondering, did I accept the mission too late in the game and the farmer’s pigs died already? Has anyone done this mission without these problems and if so, how many days into the game were you?

59 minutes ago, krd1749 said:

I just got to this mission now and have the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Best option - buy the pigsty on the farm and start to raise pigs there before accepting the mission. I don't think the mission cares where you get the pigs from when you go to sell them.

Possible option - fill the pigsty by the mission point with fodder before accepting the mission then buy the pigs after the mission starts. Hopefully they will grow to adult pigs before the mission expires (untested). If you have potatoes,dropping them in after the mission starts may be possible (prepared fodder just bugged maybe?), I'd sold all mine so couldn't test this.

I did the beste option that @FarmerJimbob suggested.

Buy the pigsty next to the chicken & bunny area. Buy some flodder (or steam some potato's, if you have them) next buy 4 pigs or more and if they are grown start the mission.

Don't forget to buy the animal trailer, you can sell it again afterwards. Pick up the pigs and go to the butcher to sell them.

3 minutes ago, farmguy said:

can anyone confirm a workaround for this mission yet...that worked

thanks cd_BE for the confirmation....I will give that a try tonight... I finished the campaign last night but left a save just before paying off the loan so I could clean up this one last thing

Save before starting the side task or before time runs out for the side task, just buy them and sell the 4 piglets using the tablet might have to put them in the trailer and take them near the slaughterhouse 1st then back to pigpen to sell them. if just selling doesn't work