Sign in to follow this  
moosedawg

Keyboard steering sensitivity?

Is there a way to set/turn down the sensitivity of steering when using a keyboard? I know you can tweak a controller to a point (I sometimes use a Steam controller and can tweak pretty much everything to some point within Steam options - gyro steering seems to work the best for getting smoother steering), but steering with the keyboard seems EXTREMELY sensitive.

I know that driving in games with keyboards is usually about tiny short bursts of key presses to correct course, but even the slightest tap on the keyboard makes your tractor jerk sharply left/right, usually resulting in a pretty significant direction change if going above 5 mph. You look like you just put in a 3-day bender at the local pub!

Driving very slow seems better but still, the tiniest corrections are extremely jerky and overexaggerated. I'm not new to farming sims, with and without a keyboard, so I would think it would be a shorter learning curve.  I can't tell you how many times I've driven my tractor/truck into any and every immovable object, as well as the movable ones too! Totally open to any suggestions if there is a way to tweak any settings further to make the steering just a bit smoother and less "Drunken Farmer" style.

On 3/16/2018 at 8:19 AM, James Gallagher said:

Hi there, yes we're aware that this has been a problem for some people. So we've added an option to adjust the steering sensitivity on keyboard. That patch will go live later today (Friday).

The new setting for keyboard steering sensitivity is working great! Nice job! Thanks so much!